Season 9 Wish List

1- No rushing of story lines.

2- No stalling of story lines.

3- For Leonard to explain the drunken kiss in such a way that will absolve him of guilt.

4- For Shamy to be separated until Sheldon understands Amy's need and makes an effort to meet them.

5- Shamy progress (real progress) but not engagement (almost though)

6- Lenny wedding planning and the start of the resolutions of issues between them.

7- Leonard getting tenure.

8- Howard growing a pair, and becoming more of a man, and putting Bernadette in her place.

9- No Shenny scenes.

10- Maybe Lenny wedding

11- For Raj to leave Emily while asserting himself for the first time in his life.

12- Raj getting together with Ivette the vet.

13- Stuart hooking up with Emily, and that leading to funny confrontations between Raj and Stuart.

14- For Season 9 to be the next lo last season of TBBT

• Like 5

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny Wedding( not in Vegas) after real deep soul searching between these 2...without Sheldon! They realize how much they need and want each other and they cannnot live with out each other in their li

To paraphrase Leonard Hofstadter, "After that happens, you could take an aerial tour of L.A. on your flying pig."

I wish that the damage done to Penny and Leonard by the drunken kiss be repaired.

Posted Images

9- No Shenny scenes.

Definitely no, their scenes are not funny anymore.

12- Raj getting together with Ivette the vet.

That would be awesome, Raj and Ivette should be together.

13- Stuart hooking up with Emily, and that leading to funny confrontations between Raj and Stuart.

Yes, Stuart should find a girl, even if that girl is Emily - I think it would be interesting, not mention funny.

Edited by Norman
  • Like 1

3- For Leonard to explain the drunken kiss in such a way that will absolve him of guilt.

I think it's possible to soften the blow.  But absolving 100% of his guilt (like something in his drink)?  Doing that just makes the entire alleged reason behind doing this to begin with (for Lenny to overcome what happened DESPITE Leonard screwing up) a waste of time.

But I do feel the kiss deserves a deeper examination of what happened IN THOROUGH DETAIL.  Like a series of flashbacks in the season premiere.

• Like 1

Stephen Hawking: IMO, and this is only my opinion and I know you may differ, the quality of the writing has decreased so much as compared to previous seasons that to have TBBT go beyond 10 seasons would be sacrilegious. I think 2 more seasons would be a prudent amount of time to properly wrap up all the stories already in motion and finalize certain other things. YMMV

• Like 6

Stephen Hawking: IMO, and this is only my opinion and I know you may differ, the quality of the writing has decreased so much as compared to previous seasons that to have TBBT go beyond 10 seasons would be sacrilegious. I think 2 more seasons would be a prudent amount of time to properly wrap up all the stories already in motion and finalize certain other things. YMMV

I agree. As much as I want it to go on forever, the quality of writing has definitely decreased in the later seasons. They have more than enough time to wrap things up in Seasons 9 and 10, any more than that would be starting to push it, IMO.

• Like 3

If I have to chose, I think I prefer season 11 and maybe 12 rather than a spin off...In some interviews cast and writers seem to be pretty open to continue after season 10, I guess it will depend on the ratings of these next two seasons (and on the contracts negotiations of course...) to have high ratings the quality of the writing has to be really good, so hopefully we will have two great seasons....which it at the top of my wish list!!!

I could see a Sheldon and Amy spin off being quite good.

Especially if they are married with children.

Sheldon trying to raise children, could be quite interesting. :icon_biggrin:

Yes it could but there's one big problem getting in the way of that....Jim.

He has said many times that working with kids on TBBT would be it for him. He would love to keep going as long as they wanted to but only if they kept kids out of it. He doesn't want to work with them or have to deal with them on a regular basis.

Don't know how Mayim would feel about it.

• Like 3

Of course, it wouldn't be TBBT.

You're missing the point Stephen Hawking. He doesn't want to work with kids. Period. Therefore, a Shamy spinoff with kids wouldn't work because Jim wouldn't be interested. And if there's no Jim to play Sheldon, there's no point in doing a spinoff.

• Like 3

Spinoffs don't interest me.  For me, I usually find that they are not as good as the original concept. I remember Joey which was a spinoff of Friends, did nothing for me so I stopped watching it almost immediately.  Found other things to do.

Why is Jim so against working with kids? I mustn't have seen those interviews...

I don't know why, but more than once in some interview he said that...More specifically, in one interview in a Late Show I watched on Youtube (can't remember which Late Show was...) he said that the only thing could convince him to quit  TBBT would be the writers being out of fresh ideas and, to take the show alive, they decide to add kids or strange pets, as it often happen to sit-coms in their late years...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

I don't know why, but more than once in some interview he said that...More specifically, in one interview in a Late Show I watched on Youtube (can't remember which Late Show was...) he said that the only thing could convince him to quit  TBBT would be the writers being out of fresh ideas, so that to take the show alive they had to add kids or strange pets, as it often happen to sit-coms in their late years...

Interesting...

I do remember seeing one interview where he said he'd quit TBBT if they turned it into a musical comedy, or something along the lines of that. Fair enough, I'd probably quit watching it if that happened, tbh  :rofl:

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I saw too....that if they got to the point of adding babies or kids to the mix, he would be done. And that he didn't want to work or be on a show where kids were involved because it would be too much of a hassle.

I find it interesting that he's also dead set against having kids of his own. He's probably the type who can only handle being around kids in limited doses....

• Like 1

TPTB to remember the stories they have already told.

Solid stories and writing.

I swore I read that they don't necessarily follow story arcs but come on at least have a path or goal for each character for the season.

They actually spend time resolving the Lenny/Shamy cliffhangers.   

I am coming out of hiding for a moment. 

I really hope they take their time to work out Shamy's issues, even if that means they are broken up for a few episodes. As far as Sheldon proposing, I just don't know how I feel about it. It came out of the blue. I hope they save that for a while. 

• Like 4

I'm opposed to the idea of spinoffs in general. To the poster who mentioned "Joey" you are absolutely correct. The problem with that was that it was really bad. However, it has worked in some other cases, such as "Frasier" which was a spinoff of "Cheers"

Denajeanx:

I hope they take their time to work Shamy's issues properly. Having Sheldon and Amy back together in episode 1 would mean nothing if it's not earned, and doesn't ring true or qualify as good, organic story telling. My personal hope is that Sheldon and Amy be apart for 4 episodes, at least, because it would give them ample time to work out every issue. Furthermore, it would be all the sweeter when they get back together, wouldn't it?

• Like 4

I definitely don't want Shamy to reconcile in episode 1 because then it's kinda just sweeping all of their issues under the rug. I think this is one giant misunderstanding and in order to be resolved, Sheldon and Amy need to sit down and talk it out. However in order to get there, Sheldon needs to have some sort of epiphany. Sheldon thought Amy was wrong for calling him out on the Flash and he strongly disagreed with her being physically and emotionally exhausted from the relationship...in my opinion, he's not just going to immediately realise what he needs to do, it's going to take a bit of time. Whether this time is in the scope of the premiere, or over a few episodes, I don't know. 

As for the eventual proposal...I really have no idea when that could happen. They could work it in nicely with the reconciliation (as has been the case in many, many fanfics) or they could save it for later. As long as the proposal actually happens, I'm fine with whatever the writers decide to do. 

• Like 2