Season 9 Wish List

Of course, Sheldon's reflection and epiphany could occur between the end of season 8 and the beginning of season 9.

It depends on how long the writer make the gap, between the two series.

If they make it the same as the gap between the filming/broadcast of 8.24 and the filming/broadcast of 9.01, then, by the premiere, Sheldon will have had several months to reflect.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny Wedding( not in Vegas) after real deep soul searching between these 2...without Sheldon! They realize how much they need and want each other and they cannnot live with out each other in their li

To paraphrase Leonard Hofstadter, "After that happens, you could take an aerial tour of L.A. on your flying pig."

I wish that the damage done to Penny and Leonard by the drunken kiss be repaired.

Posted Images

It may be....but there is Lenny wedding in Vegas to be taken into account, whatever happens in Vegas I don't think it will be off-screen. Molaro himself has said that they are planning at most a few days gap, i think just for Lenny plot. Of couse they can make a sort of flashback for Lenny and then skip to september, but i feel the first episode at least will start from where the finale ended...

• Like 1

With Lenny's storyline, I also think the premiere will pick up from where the finale ended, in which case we'll most likely see Sheldon's reflection and epiphany play out onscreen if this is the path the writers decide to take.

They could also make the gap only a few days and who knows, Sheldon's reflection and epiphany may only take a few days as well! 

I think if they made the gap a few months would definitely work for Shamy's storyline, not so much for Lenny. Howardette and Rajily can easily be slotted in either way.

• Like 1

~ Stories more equally divided among ALL the castmembers;

~ No Shenny;

~ No parental Lenny;

~ No singing parental Lenny;

~ Leonard in a hospital gown.

No Shamy. More Penny scenes looking like my avatar.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 2

1. There has been too much angsty not liking the significant others' interests in this show so it would be nice to see the girls get in the spirit. They complain a lot but in reality they more go their separate ways than give in to the boys so would like to see a bit of embracing the interests of the others. And the other way too. Not quite sure what Bernie is into, to be honest. That could be something for Howard to do to make up for all his childish behaviour.

2. Definitely a road trip (group episodes please) and happy with the Shamy plot but not sure if the Love Car scenario works this time since the couples are all together now - how do Sheldon and Amy 'end up together"?

3. Paintball is pre Amy/Bernadette so ship might have sailed. But S8 did have a lot of callbacks so why not? I do like a good paintball ep, although they don't compare to the "Community' ones. Again, group episode please and more mismatched couples like Scavenger would be funny.

4. Yep, do it. Not a lot needed by the writers for that one. Just let them do it - often. Won't hurt and good payback for hurt Lennies!

5. As long as they broke it!

6. Nice payback for Leonard. Like it - but writers won't do that to Sheldon will they?

7. Nice for both, esp. Leonard. Gets Sheldon excited to get close to his life's goal then - not happening. It's almost a given Sheldon has an almost event on a regular basis so why not an almost nomination? It can't actually happen since they try to make the science world real in this show.

8. Can always cling on to that hope. Just think it makes Penny a more interesting character and the potential for real conflicts of interest between Lenny with potential acting career is far more worthwhile than forced unbelievable tension like the stupid North Sea kiss fiasco.

1. Agreed.

2. A road trip would be great. (Does that mean that the hostage episode will be next?)

3. I am afraid to even imagine Bernadette playing paintball.

6. A payback for what, exactly?

My wishes:

1. Shamy coitus.

2. Stuart and Lucy ending up together.

3. Raj breaking up witn Emily for good. Possibly ending up with Yvette.

4. Another dream sequence featuring professor Proton.

5. Not much storylines about mrs Wolowitz's death again except maybe one or two episodes of the season, not entirely centered around it. I had nothing against that storyline, but to explore it through season nine would be overdoing it.

6. Leonard and Penny shouldn't get married in Vegas, but instead come back deciding that they want to have a real wedding with their friends and family. The North Sea kiss will never get talked about again.

7. Have somebody call Raj out on his crap a few times.

8. Penny starts pursuing her acting career again.

9. No Shenny. In any form.

10. Howard and Bernadette... divorce. Or a complete re write of Bernadette's character. PLEASE.

99% of it will not happen but there is always hope... and fanfiction!

No Shamy. More Penny scenes looking like my avatar.

Pretty selfish way of thinking. (Not just talking about the fans, but censors too.)

If such scenes are the reason you watch the show... you would be better off watching some other TV "programmes"...

Edited by Mislav
  • Like 1

Mislav. You have no sense of humor. I was only kidding about the Penny bikini although if it's part of another story I wouldn't complain. The Shamy relationship has run it's course. as Carlos pointed out earlier Sheldon only loves himself. The show IMO has sort of jumped the shark with Sheldon getting the engagement ring.

• Like 2

The Shamy relationship has run it's course.

I disagree.

It just needs Sheldon to have an epiphany, which I believe will come in Season 9.

I think the break will make him realize, just how much he really wants and needs Amy.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 3

The Shamy relationship has run it's course. 

I also strongly disagree.

There is still so much left to explore with these two...

I'm probably going to get slammed for saying this but I'm going to say it anyway: if any relationship has run its course on the show, it's Lenny. Now, I am a Shamy shipper but don't get me wrong, I like Lenny too. They've been endgame from Day 1. However, the writers appear to have jumped the shark with these two. The spark is no longer there and the relationship is starting to seem a bit...tired? I'm pretty sure I even forgot that they were engaged at numerous points in Season 8, because it just wasn't obvious at all from the way they were written.

Best case scenario, Season 9 will give both Shamy and Lenny the revitalisation that they need.

• Like 1

I'd like to see chatter about the upcoming star wars movie.

Mostly I'm happy with what the writers come up with. I think they are quite creative and write stuff I'd never think of.

I kind of think comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko will be in the news this summer so I'm looking forward to hearing the guys talking about it.

I get a lot less exited about the relationship/romance stuff. Don't really care much which way they take that.

• Like 2

I'd like to see chatter about the upcoming star wars movie.

Mostly I'm happy with what the writers come up with. I think they are quite creative and write stuff I'd never think of.

I kind of think comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko will be in the news this summer so I'm looking forward to hearing the guys talking about it.

I get a lot less exited about the relationship/romance stuff. Don't really care much which way they take that.

Well said, dj. There is more to this show than the soap operettas that are Shamy, Lenny, Howardette and Rajily. the question(s) is/are

- can the shippers enjoy the show without it?

- is there a big enough viewership pining for the return of science/geek humour as the main focus?

- is the show now officially a funny soap opera that relies completely on the relationship dramas?

Personally, I want a nice balance, which I thought we got in the first half of season eight before the dramas set in. I wish for the Lenny/Shamy melodrama to be dealt with in a funny and quick fashion and the issues are put to rest so that everyone can go back to being funny together and not stressed, angsty and worried about their feelings.

• Like 2

Mislav. You have no sense of humor. I was only kidding about the Penny bikini although if it's part of another story I wouldn't complain. The Shamy relationship has run it's course. as Carlos pointed out earlier Sheldon only loves himself. The show IMO has sort of jumped the shark with Sheldon getting the engagement ring.

Bullshit.

Why do you think that he only cares about himself? Because they aren't having sex but she wants them to? Doesn't he have the right not to participate in it if he isn't ready? And if Amy does want to have sex, does that mean that she SHOULD have it? Her views of sex seemed pretty immature (up until season seven while that was more of an "actual issue").

He took care of her for weeks while she was "sick", even giving her a bath, and he is a kind of person who freaks out if somebody sneezes around him. Went to stand up for her despite the fact that Will Wheaton did nothing wrong. He admitted that he loves her. Is that somebody who only cares about himself?

Let's not just talk about Amy. He locked the rocket that was about to explode into an elevator (after dragging Leonard out of it), saving his life, despite even being afraid to kill a spider or share a food of his plate. He borrowed Penny money although he had no obligation to do so. He provided Raj with a job when Raj was at his lowest career vise. He flat out asked Penny not to hurt his friend after finding out that she was planning to break up with Leonard, despite his opinion of their relationship being indifferent at best. He spoke up and comforted Howard after his mother died. He was obviously concerned about him when he went to space, and about Leonard during his surgery. He even comforted him after Emily made fun of him, despite going through a humiliation of his own at the moment. Is that your definition of somebody who only cares about himself?

In what way has the relationship run it's course? There are many interesting storylines for them (beside coitus): ending up sharing a bed somehow (maybe during a road trip) and getting to the second base, maybe making a series similar to Fun with flags, have Sheldon and Amy's mom meet (in person), having a double date with Howard and Bernadette (the horror!), setting up Sheldon another (more pleasant) birthday party... and many others that writers will be better at thinking of due to their knowledge of science/nerd stuff and familiarity with the characters. You just throw words around without any meaningful explanation or points to support your argument.

And LOL but with this kind of avatar it is difficult to get that kind of a joke...

Sheldon's concerns about others was learned from his mother. He does the token tea gesture then he's done. Many of his "kind words" are just to wrap up the situation. Sheldon took care of Amy because it was in the RA not because he wanted to. Many of the things he did for Leonard he did for himself. His life would be miserable if Leonard had died or Penny had broken up with him. The movie thing with Raj/Emily only occurred because no one else would go to the movie.

In regards to their relationship the Howdette double date occurred. FWF at times was funny but it has run it's course. I'm sorry I don't see the excitement in Amy's and Sheldon's mom's meeting. In regards to loving Amy he has gotten much more politically correct about certain things. Saying ILY is one of them. Watching TV rather kissing Amy says a lot. Sheldon thinks/Realizes now that Lenny will get married now so in his mind it's time for him to get married. No one else is beating at his door to take care of him. That's why the Leonard kissing a woman on the boat storyline came up. It's so far fetched to believe him doing that after showing the people on the boat Penny's movie. I agree with the poster who forgot they were a couple this year. But if they advanced them to a point of wedding planning or an actual wedding what do you do with Sheldon? It seems coitus is the only thing left. And JP is not NPH. If they go the coitus route their storyline is over.

Sheldon's concerns about others was learned from his mother.

Whether or not it was learnt from his mother is irrelevant. The point is that he still does it anyway. There are other things his mother would have grounded into him during his upbringing (namely religion) which he does not act upon, so the fact that he actively chooses to have a concern for others shows that he ultimately does care about the wellbeing of others, probably more than he would like to admit.

And there's way more to Shamy's relationship (and any relationship) than sex...so I don't know how their storyline could possibly end once they finally do the deed...there's an absolute wealth of post-coital comedic and non-comedic material to be explored with these two, even more so now that we have the very real possibility of an engagement and eventual wedding...

And so what if JP is not NPH?! TBBT is not HIMYM...

• Like 1

Sheldon's concerns about others was learned from his mother. He does the token tea gesture then he's done. Many of his "kind words" are just to wrap up the situation. Sheldon took care of Amy because it was in the RA not because he wanted to. Many of the things he did for Leonard he did for himself. His life would be miserable if Leonard had died or Penny had broken up with him. The movie thing with Raj/Emily only occurred because no one else would go to the movie.

In regards to their relationship the Howdette double date occurred. FWF at times was funny but it has run it's course. I'm sorry I don't see the excitement in Amy's and Sheldon's mom's meeting. In regards to loving Amy he has gotten much more politically correct about certain things. Saying ILY is one of them. Watching TV rather kissing Amy says a lot. Sheldon thinks/Realizes now that Lenny will get married now so in his mind it's time for him to get married. No one else is beating at his door to take care of him. That's why the Leonard kissing a woman on the boat storyline came up. It's so far fetched to believe him doing that after showing the people on the boat Penny's movie. I agree with the poster who forgot they were a couple this year. But if they advanced them to a point of wedding planning or an actual wedding what do you do with Sheldon? It seems coitus is the only thing left. And JP is not NPH. If they go the coitus route their storyline is over.

It's irrelevant from who had he learned it. The point is that he does good things despite not being obligated to.

True, in Relationship Agreement it says that Sheldon has to take care of Amy when she is sick, and she has to take care of him when he is sick too. But Sheldon had written the Agreement and he had chosen to write it so that the care would go both ways. And in The Fish Gut Displacement, he said "Additionally, you are my girlfriend, and I care for your well-being". When he saved Leonard's life, he barely knew him and they weren't even real friends then. He didn't seem upset over his previous roommate (who presumably had signed the same Agreement) leaving and having to find a new one when he first met Leonard. He can be selfish and inconsiderate often, but is always fortncoming regarding that: when he said "Please don't hurt my friend" he was being honest. It is quite obvious that the writers had intended it to be taken that way too (Sheldon's sudden change of demeanor, change in tone of voice, an "Awww" from the audience.) How is saying "I love you" being politically correct? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I've never said anything about Sheldon and Raj going to the movie together. I haven't suggested Amy's and Sheldon's mom meeting but Sheldon meeting Amy's mom in person. And again, you said that their storyline will be over once they have sex without explaining why. And even if you don't like those ideas, there are probably people who like it, and they are not impossible to write into the show, so you can't say that, in general, their relationship has run it's course. And what does JP have to do with NPH?

Edited by Mislav
  • Like 1

It seems to me as if you just don't like Shamy (or Sheldon) altogether, and would probably be happiest if they were written out of the show.

It seems to me as if you just don't like Shamy (or Sheldon) altogether, and would probably be happiest if they were written out of the show.

You're right. Chrismo doesn't like them so he is never going to like storylines evolving them. Sheldon gets in the way of Lenny and Amy isn't hot like Penny so what use are they? Lol.

AMEN to that conclusion.

Everyone that watches the show already knows that. Kind of overstating the obvious.

I think it is a matter of opinion. Who are "everyone" all high mighty Chrismo?

Everyone that watches the show already knows that. Kind of overstating the obvious.

Even if everyone did agree with that doesn't mean it something that bothers them or causes them to dislike the characters.  I was pointing out that I believe that is the reason that YOU do not like the characters.

Edited by nickelette424