Season 9 Wish List

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny Wedding( not in Vegas) after real deep soul searching between these 2...without Sheldon! They realize how much they need and want each other and they cannnot live with out each other in their li

To paraphrase Leonard Hofstadter, "After that happens, you could take an aerial tour of L.A. on your flying pig."

I wish that the damage done to Penny and Leonard by the drunken kiss be repaired.

Posted Images

Mislav and people who think like you:

You've got it all wrong. I'm not saying that Sheldon doesn't care for Amy, he does. I think that the core problem with the Shamy relationship is that the love of Sheldon's love is himself and not Amy. In order to truly be in love with another person you have to be able to let go, and expose your heart to the point where it could be damaged by said person , and I'm not so sure Sheldon is capable or willing to do that.

In regards to Shamy sex I think that at tis point it would be unearned because Sheldon doesn't seem ready for it. However, I must say that I don't understand why you (Mislav) criticize Amy's views on sex. While it is true that the heart wants what the heart wants, so do the loins, and it is perfectly OK for Amy to have sexual needs.

You've got it all wrong. I'm not saying that Sheldon doesn't care for Amy, he does. I think that the core problem with the Shamy relationship is that the love of Sheldon's love is himself and not Amy. In order to truly be in love with another person you have to be able to let go, and expose your heart to the point where it could be damaged by said person , and I'm not so sure Sheldon is capable or willing to do that.

In regards to Shamy sex I think that at tis point it would be unearned because Sheldon doesn't seem ready for it. However, I must say that I don't understand why you (Mislav) criticize Amy's views on sex. While it is true that the heart wants what the heart wants, so do the loins, and it is perfectly OK for Amy to have sexual needs.

I agree in that the love of Sheldon's life is currently himself and not Amy...however, if the relationship is taking the trajectory towards eventual marriage, then getting Sheldon to that point of being truly in love, of letting go and exposing his heart to Amy...that seems to be the next logical step for the writers to explore during Season 9. 

That being said, none of us are on the writing panel for the show so we ultimately have no idea what will happen next. For all we know, they might decide to follow through on your idea that Sheldon is incapable and unwilling to be in love, and have Amy fulfil her sexual needs with somebody else.

I don't necessarily think that Sheldon is ready for sex right now...but he's definitely moving closer and closer towards it. All in good time...

• Like 1

For all we know, they might decide to follow through on your idea that Sheldon is incapable and unwilling to be in love, and have Amy fulfill her sexual needs with somebody else.

If they do that, I'm finished with watching the show.

• Like 2

I guess the problem I've always had with Shamy is that I'd like the relationship to be a little bit more balanced, and a tad more in Amy's favor.

Maybe you will get your wish in s9.

I guess the problem I've always had with Shamy is that I'd like the relationship to be a little bit more balanced, and a tad more in Amy's favor.

in pair Shamy this is the question that sometimes is raised- who is the man? (especially before s8 ). How much can Amy push him. Well, she is not a workhorse to drag on herself "all the joy" of these relations.
And at the same time I was terribly sorry for Sheldon. He's really trying, as best he can.
Well, he doesn't know how to control a horse (forgive me this metaphor) ! He falls off it,  spurs it when it is not necessary,rides the hourse backwards .. well he is probably very bad rider. (however he has learned something in season 8 ). Therefore,now the fact, that the horse hid from him in the stables, is the reason to think about the situation...
And i hope, there is a possibility for him to gallop better in season 9! 
(I apologize for this kind of post)  :shy:
Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 1

Before season 8 I agreed with this BUT I think one of the big changes in the Shamy relationship in season 8 was putting them on a level playing field. She gave it back to him more than ever, she expressed herself more and he didn't make the jabs and he literally was glowing around her especially post ILY. He was even more vested in a way then her for the first time.

Put it this way old Amy would have never called for a time out. Old Amy would have been ok with a distracted makeout, but the finale actually drove home how strong and self confident Amy has become. She has grown past the relying on Sheldon for her hapiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 4

I've never replied to you, Chrismo is the one who said that you have written that Sheldon only cares about himself, and he obviously thought that way, and I was replying to that statement.

Sex implies compromising. Even when a couple is having sex there will be moments when one party will not want to have sex, won't have time etc. Between seasons five and seven Amy kept wanting to have sex, when Sheldon wasn't ready for it. I think that a wait had been good for her because it helped her grow more patient and understand Sheldon's point of view better. Also she had time to mature and probably develop more realistic expectations regarding sex. Sex is something good anf intimate but is rarely something completely mind blowing, well not most of the time and definitely not the first time, neither is it something that will instantly make your relationship perfect. Amy, at least up until season eight, didn't seem to grasp that. Although I didn't appreciate writers making fun of her desires and I agree that Sheldon should have been more... generous regarding other forms of physical intimacy, I think that they are only now truly ready to have sex.

You say that he "has to expose his heart to the point it could get hurt by her" in order to fully love her. I don't know how you imagine him doing that, but he had been doing that from the moment they started dating, even before. He never kissed anyone before, told anyone "I love you" before. He made her his emergency contact, and he is a kind if guy who is over the top careful about his health and security. He even build a robot to protect himself from the outside world at one point. He even cried in front of her and admitted that he had made a mistake.

I would probably agree with you about Shamy relationship being unequal before but not pass the season eight. They seem to be on the good footing.

And sorry but I don't understand the whole "love of Sheldon's love is himself and not Amy" thing.

Before season 8 I agreed with this BUT I think one of the big changes in the Shamy relationship in season 8 was putting them on a level playing field. She gave it back to him more than ever, she expressed herself more and he didn't make the jabs and he literally glowing around her especially post ILY.

Put it this way old Amy would have never called for a time out. Old Amy would have been ok with a distracted makeout, but the finale actually drove home how strong and self confident Amy has become. She has grown past the relying on Sheldon for her hapiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Edited by Mislav
  • Like 1

Maybe you're right about the relationship being balanced enough, and I'm looking at it from my viewpoint, or maybe I actually like Amy more than I like Sheldon, or maybe. as you say, Amy has grown stronger and more self confident. Nevertheless I still feel that Sheldon has to give in further. I guess I'll think about it more to be able to give a more definite opinion.

• Like 3

I think that their relationship is already balanced enough.

After the s8 of course they are more balanced, but as for me, not enough. It is a lot to work out further (by both sides). Development and changes in the characters of both are obvious and, therefore, they need to learn to adapt to these changes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Meamaw action but NOT getting involved in Sheldon's effort to win Amy back

Knowing that Sheldon's ring is Meamaw's

More about Amy's mother, possibly Sheldon meeting her "for real" and discreetly asking her Amy's hand in wedding?

Lenny getting married for real but with the gang being there

Sheldon's grand and perfect proposal, Shamy fashion but so great that the gang won't have anything to say about it except "great job and congratulations!"

Mary getting a talk with Amy

Missy and George Jr : being there for say ... an engagement party?

Bernadette not that mean, or it bitting her back

Something huge about  Amy that would make everybody look at her in awe, like something absolutely unexpected

Penny getting really successful in her sales job and getting promoted

Sheldon and Leonard on the road to Nobel together

• Like 1

Arduina:

Iif you get all your wishes that'll be the end of the show! Everything would be so perfect that there wouldn't be any chance for comedy ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Plot ideas for season 9!  

Penny takes an IQ test and scores the highest of all the gang!  

you know she has excelled in that drug sales job without a degree, so it would be funny if she took the test and found out she was above normal intelligence.  You could have her obsess until she gets the results and even have Sheldon act like she isn't going to do well.  What would even be funnier if her IQ was higher than Howard's.

Why?  If her IQ was all that higher than normal, wouldn't she have gone further in school or been able to get a better job than waitressing or even had a bigger ambition than to be an actress?

I always wonder about all these ideas for Penny to somehow "fit in" with the guys or somehow come out on top.  She's not meant to be one of them, either in intelligence (though she's never been stupid) or in what she finds interesting, or whatever.

The comedy most often comes in the juxtaposition of her kind of "street smarts" versus everyone else's academic intelligence and in her social skills versus everyone else's (except maybe Bernie) social backwardness.

Why the desire to make Penny a different person?

• Like 1

Even while even person with high IQ doesn't have to achieve anything really, I agree with rest of it. It's base of her character that she's just not academically intelligent and have street smarts, this contrast is one of the things which makes show what it is. I don't think that should change. 

my wish tag is:

#my boyfriend does my make-up

plot: maybe a contest between the guys or for a cosplay show  :scratchhead:

it could be funny (e.g. Howardette) as well as erotic (e.g. Shamy / Lenny) :icon_redface:

well, only a suggestion ...