Season 9 Wish List

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny Wedding( not in Vegas) after real deep soul searching between these 2...without Sheldon! They realize how much they need and want each other and they cannnot live with out each other in their li

To paraphrase Leonard Hofstadter, "After that happens, you could take an aerial tour of L.A. on your flying pig."

I wish that the damage done to Penny and Leonard by the drunken kiss be repaired.

Posted Images

What I would really love to see in season 9 would be a plot involving the whole gang a la scavenger hunt, but having them go to comic.com thus enjoying all the nerd stuff, and Penny being in character. Something iconic, preferably (maybe princess Leia) and all the other nerds geeking out and fawning over her, and Leonard feeling like 5'5" tall :shy:

I know a lot of these have been listed already, but here are the wish list items I can think of for now:

• Cinnamon!  (She didn't appear in s8 at all)
  • pairings we don't see very often, like Sheldon/Bernie and Leonard/Amy
  • more back story on Amy
  • introduction of more relatives, maybe one of Leonard's sibs or even Howard's father
  • plenty of Kripke and Wheaton
  • Amy and Mary interaction
  • whole-group episodes
  • career developments for everybody
  • Howardette, Lenny, and Shamy all happily paired
  • Like 3

I know a lot of these have been listed already, but here are the wish list items I can think of for now:

• Cinnamon!  (She didn't appear in s8 at all)
  • pairings we don't see very often, like Sheldon/Bernie and Leonard/Amy
  • more back story on Amy
  • introduction of more relatives, maybe one of Leonard's sibs or even Howard's father
  • plenty of Kripke and Wheaton
  • Amy and Mary interaction
  • whole-group episodes
  • career developments for everybody
  • Howardette, Lenny, and Shamy all happily paired

I would like to add

• Sheldon vs. Leslie Winkle (the battle isn't over)
  • cameo appearance of William Shatner
  • the resumption of Fun with Flags
  • whole-group trip to Renaissance fair (codpiece alarm) :icon_wink:
  • girlfriend-boyfriend sing-along night (with Amy's harp)
  • university topics, like teaching, experiments or some serious themes like a university employee strike for better benefits and more money for the science in general

and Penny being in character. Something iconic, preferably (maybe princess Leia)

Since Penny has light hair (and Princess Leia doesn't), how about Colonel Wilma Deering, from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century?

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/5b/b2/2b/5bb22b9c8ba289a3d03c6fc2e375a660.jpg

girlfriend-boyfriend sing-along night (with Amy's harp)

I don't think we will ever see Amy play the harp again, due to Mayim's car accident.

I would like to add

• Sheldon vs. Leslie Winkle (the battle isn't over)
  • cameo appearance of William Shatner
  • the resumption of Fun with Flags
  • whole-group trip to Renaissance fair (codpiece alarm) :icon_wink:
  • girlfriend-boyfriend sing-along night (with Amy's harp)
  • university topics, like teaching, experiments or some serious themes like a university employee strike for better benefits and more money for the science in general

Leslie won't be back because Sara Gilbert has other things she's doing which is why she's not in the show anymore.  And because of Mayim's hand injury she got in a car accident before season 6, she's unable to play the harp anymore and she still has problems with her hand.

Leslie won't be back because Sara Gilbert has other things she's doing which is why she's not in the show anymore.  And because of Mayim's hand injury she got in a car accident before season 6, she's unable to play the harp anymore and she still has problems with her hand.

Thank you ... I didn't know that Miss Bialik has still problems with her hand. :icon_neutral:

My intension was a guest appearance of Sara Gilbert for one episode.

What injury? I never heard about that.

What injury? I never heard about that.

I don't know how to link but maybe someone else can but during the summer between seasons 5 & 6, she was in a car accident and hurt her hand pretty bad.  That's why Amy doesn't play the harp anymore.

Edited by Kathy2611

Here are some pictures  of her just after the accident.  

Here is a picture of her car after the accident.

Here's one  of her brace, and bandage, after her first surgery.  

She did all of this without interrupting the schedule, although they used objects and camera angles to hide her hand.

Kathy, 

If you are making your own post, or replying to a quote, look at the icon just to right of the underline icon.  It looks like a link in a chain.  First, put your cursor where in your post you want to put the link.  If you click on chain icon, a window will come up and you will see a place to put the address of the link, along with the words you want to use as the link (see my post above, the blue words are what entered).   After entering the address and the words you want to use as the link, simply click on "Insert into post" and the link will be in your post.   

• Like 1

I think I posted a list earlier on right at the beginning of hiatus, but now that it's almost over (just over three weeks!!!) I thought I'd post another one. We've had Comic-Con, interviews, and countless fanfictions so I think it's fair to say my opinions have changed a little bit. So, here's what I'd like to see in Season 9:

Shamy

- A speedy but not-too-speedy reconciliation for Shamy. I don't necessarily want things to be swept under the rug and resolved in the premiere but at the same time, I also don't want a season of angst. I've said many times and I'll say it again that I would most love for everything to be well and truly sorted out by Christmas, so around 9x11. 

- While I would like Sheldon to respect Amy's wishes and give her space, I think that given his character, it's extremely likely that he will approach Amy, rather than vice versa. 

- Obviously, I'd like to see a proposal at some stage during Season 9. I want them to leave marriage for Season 10 as there is already so much ground to cover in Season 9 before they can even think about a wedding. I think it all depends on how the writers choose to handle it. It could be really beautiful and romantic, but it could also go horribly wrong.

- I don't mind when coitus happens, as long as it happens.

- I know a lot of other Shamy shippers don't want the reconciliation to tie in with a proposal but honestly, I don't think that would be such a bad thing. This entire situation is a misunderstanding between Amy and Sheldon on their seemingly different ideas of commitment, and so I think a proposal is a plausible means of Sheldon attempting to fix things up. 

- I also want a Valentine's episode, post-reconciliation of course!

Lenny

- As a Shamy shipper, most of my time has been spent thinking about them...so I'm not too sure where I stand on Season 9 Lenny. I think the only thing I want at this stage is for them to not end up getting married in Vegas, because I would much rather see the proper wedding that they deserve. Also because things got really awkward in 8x24, and I don't really think that's a good way to start off a marriage.

Everything else

- Less focus on the individual couples and more group interactions.

- A nicer and less brutal Bernadette.

- Group paintball (somebody else mentioned this and oh my goodness you have no idea how much I'd like to see this).

- I'd like Raj to break up with Emily. I like Raj more than I like Emily and I honestly think it would be such good character development to have him breaking up with somebody.

- Just a funnier season in general.

Everybody has made so many amazing suggestions already, here's hoping we're not all disappointed in a little over three weeks time! :):):) 

Edited by The Mushroom Log

- I'd like Raj to break up with Emily. I like Raj more than I like Emily and I honestly think it would be such good character development to have him breaking up with somebody.

I'd like to  see him back with Lucy.

There's so many possibilities for him to help her become more confident, given her social anxiety.

• Like 1

I'd like to  see him back with Lucy.

There's so many possibilities for him to help her become more confident, given her social anxiety.

Hmm, but who’s helping him? :icon_neutral:

Hmm, but who’s helping him? :icon_neutral:

Good point...but I think it's pretty fair to say that his self confidence has increased dramatically since he overcame his selective mutism. He doesn't need as much help as Lucy does, to the point where he is able to help her.

Good point...but I think it's pretty fair to say that his self confidence has increased dramatically since he overcame his selective mutism. He doesn't need as much help as Lucy does, to the point where he is able to help her.

I guess they could help each other.

Maybe, but it`ll be working with Emily though.

If the writers don't find a girl for Raj, then I'm pretty sure he'll end the show alone, just like Joey, from Friends (sorry, for me it's hard to don't make comparisons between the two shows). 
What happened to Ivette? She matches with him.

• Like 1

They should totally bring back Yvette! I don't get why they introduced her in that episode, only for her to never be seen again.

Totally. At that time, I felt that she could return later that season, but Raj and the writers forgot about it. I like Lucy, too. If they thought creepiness Emily would be funny, I disagree. So I hope he and Emily break up sooner or later and then he tries something with Lucy or Yvette.

• Like 1

There could be a variety of reasons with Yvette.  The producers didn't see a good rapport with the rest of the cast, so they didn't think she'd fit, they didn't like her take on the character, they decided to go in a different direction with another character, etc.   We'll probably never know the reasons.   If they didn't bring her back, before this, she probably won't be back.  

• Like 1

There could be a variety of reasons with Yvette.  The producers didn't see a good rapport with the rest of the cast, so they didn't think she'd fit, they didn't like her take on the character, they decided to go in a different direction with another character, etc.   We'll probably never know the reasons.   If they didn't bring her back, before this, she probably won't be back.  

Sometimes I think they do not care if viewers are enjoying the story or not, as they do not mind our opinion or are not aware of what we are thinking at all. If she went back for one or two episodes they could be sure if it would fit or not. I think she was 3 or 4 scenes in which episode was not much to be totally sure. Although Emily had several scenes compared to Yvette and it wasn't nice. Looks a bit like the fandom is divided into pro- or anti-Emily.
Another character is missing is Alex. If Leonard would cheat on Penny, I think it would be with her, not the drunk girl on the ship.

You have to realize that the decision to not bring her back due to the producers not thinking she would be a good fit (if that is what it was) would have been made before the show she was in was even broadcast.  As a matter of fact, Emily's first show started the production cycle (the Wednesday table read), the Wednesday after Yvette's show was broadcast.  

The producers can pretty much tell if they are going to fit right from the table read.  Melissa was told they were interested in making Bernadette recurring (and the did), three days into the production cycle (that would have been on Friday).   She probably would have been in a few more in season three, except she had already been signed to appear on True Blood, prior to her getting her additional episodes on TBBT.  Whether or not Emily's scenes are as nice has nothing to do with how the ACTRESS fits in with the main cast..  You can get an idea of how well the producers thought of Laura Spencer by realizing they worked with the show "Bones" and around her appearances on that show so she could work on TBBT.  

While Raj may have been interested in Alex, she displayed no interest in him.  The actress (Margo Harshman) then moved on to spend most of Big Bang's season 7, playing the role of Mac's girlfriend Delilah on NCIS, and wasn't given the consideration that Laura Spencer has been given.  

From appearances, it had more to do with the fit and availability of the actresses, than with the characters themselves.  Although, like I said, we'll probably never know for sure. 

Edited by Tensor