Season 9 Wish List

Sometimes I think they do not care if viewers are enjoying the story or not, as they do not mind our opinion or are not aware of what we are thinking at all. If she went back for one or two episodes they could be sure if it would fit or not. I think she was 3 or 4 scenes in which episode was not much to be totally sure. Although Emily had several scenes compared to Yvette and it wasn't nice. Looks a bit like the fandom is divided into pro- or anti-Emily.
Another character is missing is Alex. If Leonard would cheat on Penny, I think it would be with her, not the drunk girl on the ship.

Disagree. Leonard was never going to cheat with Alex. Penny was constantly present and he only had thoughts of her. The ridiculous yet ever so slightly plausible 'cheating' on the ship was during a forced physical separation from Penny, similar to the physical separation from Priya that was followed by kissing Alice. Moment of weakness by Leonard who in my opinion really craves female attraction and affection. Has chased that for a lot of the show but with Penny available it is always her as only choice. Take her out of the picture his mind and libido can get the better of him - he couldn't resist the old lady Latham FFS. Maybe ( but I doubt it ) Penny should call him out on that in Vegas. She was witness to that weakness in his appalling looking for support in cheating convo with her re Priya and Alice. But then is it soap opera or comedy we want? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny Wedding( not in Vegas) after real deep soul searching between these 2...without Sheldon! They realize how much they need and want each other and they cannnot live with out each other in their li

To paraphrase Leonard Hofstadter, "After that happens, you could take an aerial tour of L.A. on your flying pig."

I wish that the damage done to Penny and Leonard by the drunken kiss be repaired.

Posted Images

Sometimes I think they do not care if viewers are enjoying the story or not, as they do not mind our opinion or are not aware of what we are thinking at all....

The viewers are diverse. Millions wanting different things. An episode that pleases some will piss others off. Some want faster change some want no change. The writers will never please everyone.

• Like 3

When Bernadette and then Amy's characters were  introduced, I've found them a very nice and interesting add to the cast from literally their first scene, and the same thing happened with Lucy. I didn't find the same connection with Emily's character, but, maybe, it's just me...I admit that the idea of Raj dealing with a woman that has so divergent interests from his own is a good one and that can help him to overcome his fears and insecurities. Anyway, IMO, it was pushed too far, it is not funny anymore. So, I hope that, if she will be part of the next season,  the writers kind of edit her features, a little creepy is ok, but, please, no more graveyard scenes!!!

Looks a bit like the fandom is divided into pro- or anti-Emily.

I'm definitely in the anti camp.

If Leonard would cheat on Penny, I think it would be with her, not the drunk girl on the ship.

Or Alice. I liked Alice. She was funny, hot and a free spirit.

I'm also anti-Emily. I mean, she's ok but she just doesn't fit with the group. They've taken her creepiness just that little bit too far and to be honest, I wouldn't complain if she was written off the show. 

Or Alice. I liked Alice. She was funny, hot and a free spirit.

Hmm, he's already cheated on Priya with Alice so maybe not...but I agree in that she was pretty cool. 

While I'd prefer Leonard to not cheat on Penny altogether, I'd also rather it be with Alex than some random drunk girl on a ship. 

Please, don't hit me but I think a girl like in "The Hofstadter Isotope" would be funny. 

A girl with more nerd/geek passion (maybe Cospaly?) who loves Raj cooking skills

and is jealous of Raj crazy love to Cinnamon. :-)

I know it's not possible but my wish cast would be Rebel Wilson (Pitch Perfect).

Download.jpg

I'm also anti-Emily. I mean, she's ok but she just doesn't fit with the group. 

She particularly doesn't fit in with Raj.

I get the impression he onlly stays with her, because the alternative is being alone again.

IMO, the only character she would even remotely fit in with, is a pre-Bernadette Howard.

• Like 1

She particularly doesn't fit in with Raj.

I get the impression he onlly stays with her, because the alternative is being alone again.

Exactly! You could tell that he was so uncomfortable in the finale...but he can't bring himself to break up with her because he's scared of being alone again. 

• Like 1

Download.jpg

That lady is actually cuter than they give her credit for.

Also, I've noticed that, while they have characters who are OCD, Socially Anxious, short, etc., there's not a single main/recurring character, who is really overweight.

About the closest I think they ever got, was Dr. Stephanie Barnett.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

That lady is actually cuter than they give her credit for.

Also, I've noticed that, while they have characters who are OCD, Socially Anxious, short, etc., there's not a single main/recurring character, who is really overweight.

About the closest I think they ever got, was Dr. Stephanie Barnett.

I didn't like the Raj/Howard (distasteful) joke about the overweight Sailor Moon. But she was good enough for a threesome at the Comic Con!! (if I remind me correctly). I would have wished me a big-hearted girlfriend for Raj who shares his interests. I liked the idea about a friendship between Amy and Raj girlfriend (now Emily). A (now) tough girl who has made similar bad experiences in her youth like Amy. 

• Like 1

There have been a number of fairly distasteful fat jokes over the years (Sailor Moon, a few of the jokes about Mrs Wolowitz, etc) so I'm honestly not that surprised that none of the main or recurring characters are really overweight. 

That being said, it would be a nice thing to see perhaps some time in future episodes. 

• Like 1

I'm also anti-Emily. I mean, she's ok but she just doesn't fit with the group. They've taken her creepiness just that little bit too far and to be honest, I wouldn't complain if she was written off the show. 

Hmm, he's already cheated on Priya with Alice so maybe not...but I agree in that she was pretty cool. 

While I'd prefer Leonard to not cheat on Penny altogether, I'd also rather it be with Alex than some random drunk girl on a ship. 

I think that making a mistake with a random girl, with drinking and everyone on the ship going crazy, and being away from Penny, easier to excuse, then cheating with Alex. He would be doing it right under Penny's nose. He would not be away from Penny, and not have the excuse of missing her. JMO 

• Like 1

I think that making a mistake with a random girl, with drinking and everyone on the ship going crazy, and being away from Penny, easier to excuse, then cheating with Alex. He would be doing it right under Penny's nose. He would not be away from Penny, and not have the excuse of missing her. JMO 

Good point.

It's still completely wrong either way. Cheating is cheating.

As I’m suddenly at the point in life where the peripheries have begun to burgeon with my friends’ apparently identical series of gurning, sticky offspring, I’m more than ever inclined to seek refuge in art. I do not need TBBT to start resembling my facebook timeline.

Under my reign, along with upping the surrealism (more Morlocks dammit!) all these characters would remain independent, pursuing their passions, work and friendships, perhaps having a fling now and then, up until the final episode, where, if people insist, they can all get married to each other in a mass hippy wedding. That way people who worry about the fictional characters “dying alone and miserable” can rest their hearts, and people like me who don’t give a giant rat’s arse about melodrama don’t have to stop watching a show we once loved because it pulled a bait and switch on us.

Anyroad…
I’m an early season fan, so obviously I’d like the show to return to that style of affairs.

It WON’T, but this is a “Wish List” not a “Most Probably Will List”.

I’d be persuaded to watch Season 9 if there were/was;

1) A return of Sheldon’s intelligence, mannerisms, alien charm, routines, his clever and swiftly spoken dialogue, his focus, hauteur and independence.

2) A return of Sheldon & Penny scenes (god forbid a fan of TBBT likes Sheldon and Penny scenes. You know, the major comedy duo of the first half of the series...).

3) More Raj & Howard scenes (sans the small shouty person).

4) More Kripke (and ideally Gablehauser, but he’s long gone).

5) A return of mournful, mildly absurdist Stuart.

6) More adventures.

7) More surrealism. Armadillo Isaac Newtown FTW.

8 ~ Less relationship scenes, to the point of utterly none at all. I signed up for a show about individuals, geekery and friendships, not marriages, date nights, “growth” (which seems to solely involve normalising Sheldon, diminishing Howard, and making Penny rather bland and lifeless) cheating, in-laws, dual bank-balances etc. Up with this Soap Opera I will not put.

Yes I know none of these things will happen, and kvetching does bugger all in the grand scheme of things, but it’s cleared my headache a little.

(I can't write 8 in the same format because it turns into a goddamn little winky face. Such are the trials of existence.)

• Like 4

Anyroad…
I’m an early season fan, so obviously I’d like the show to return to that style of affairs.

It WON’T, but this is a “Wish List” not a “Most Probably Will List”.

I’d be persuaded to watch Season 9 if there were/was;

1) A return of Sheldon’s intelligence, mannerisms, alien charm, routines, his clever and swiftly spoken dialogue, his focus, hauteur and independence.

2) A return of Sheldon & Penny scenes (god forbid a fan of TBBT likes Sheldon and Penny scenes. You know, the major comedy duo of the first half of the series...).

3) More Raj & Howard scenes (sans the small shouty person).

4) More Kripke (and ideally Gablehauser, but he’s long gone).

5) A return of mournful, mildly absurdist Stuart.

6) More adventures.

7) More surrealism. Armadillo Isaac Newtown FTW.

8 ~ Less relationship scenes, to the point of utterly none at all. I signed up for a show about individuals, geekery and friendships, not marriages, date nights, “growth” (which seems to solely involve normalising Sheldon, diminishing Howard, and making Penny rather bland and lifeless) cheating, in-laws, dual bank-balances etc. Up with this Soap Opera I will not put.

YES TO ALL! 

Actually maybe not number 8...I can't resist a bit of Shamy :) But hell yes to everything else!

Edited by The Mushroom Log

I'm quite happy with the ride TBBT has given so far. I just get tired of all the complaining about my favorite series.

I'm staying out of the Lenny shippers topic for the rest of the summer. I'd hope for a little less negativity. Fat chance.

• Like 1

Less negativity here. Yes. That would be great. One of my top wishes certainly. 

Does it really matter if posts are negative or not? I think all opinions should be heard, and if some people have something negative to say they should be heard, as long as they're being reasonable. DJSurrey's wish there would be less negativity sounds perilously close to censorship, doesn't it?

• Like 2

There is expressing one's opinion and then there is beating a dead horse.   It's tiresome to read,  but also understandable when you're concerns are unanswered for 4 months.  I see it from both sides.   This issue is not my battle,  so for me it is exhausting.  If it was something I was passionate about I'm not so sure I wouldn't be doing the same thing.   

Does it really matter if posts are negative or not? I think all opinions should be heard, and if some people have something negative to say they should be heard, as long as they're being reasonable. DJSurrey's wish there would be less negativity sounds perilously close to censorship, doesn't it?

Yes. You're right, everybody has right to complain. But it seems to me like now it's not about letting the anger go, but really just "burying" oneself even more in the misery, which is really not helping anyone. And let's be honest, how often people are leading reasonable arguments here lately? It's not about negative respectful statements for me, those are completely okey, but the overall argumentative and sullen atmosphere here is really exhausting for me.  But as many folks done in the past, in the time it will be  taking the joy away from me I will just stop going here. We're all entitled to "take our clown shoes and eek, eek, eek one out." :icon_wink: 

I'm not saying anyone should act like I would want to, It was just my personal wish, not my expectation, of course.

Edited by tallin
  • Like 1

I know what you're saying, Tallin because I have also seen an increase in argumentative posting to the point that it makes it not fun for anyone. There are some posters that seem to post just to piss other people off. But I think we've (you and me) had an exchange of ideas in a civil fashion and while our points of view may differ a little, I heard your points, you've heard mine and I think we both understand our view points a little bit better. A great deal of negativity for us Lennies, for example, stems from the fact that we feel Lenny has been slighted (sp?) in S8, not to mention Leonard's character assassination (IMO). If a person is a Shamy (such as yourself) of course you're going to be happy with S8 (except perhaps for the finale), but if I remember correctly Shamies were pissed in the second half of S6 (except for the next to last episode) because the writers have stalled them. If one is a shipper of a particular relationship it is hard to not let that color your demeanor regarding the show, be it an episode or a season. And just for the record as pissed off as I am about how Lenny was treated in S8, I'm happy for Shamy even if it doesn't interest me as much as Lenny does.

I know this has nothing to do with S9 wish list, and that I rambled on a little bit, but I wanted to respond to your post appropriately. Hope you don't mind too much :shy:

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1

I thought of another wish list item.  I'd like a Bazinga.  Other than the mention in Sheldon's webpage address, we haven't had one since "Bazinga, punk, now we're even!" in season 5's Halloween episode.  I'm glad the writers didn't overdo it, but once in a while would still be welcome, for me at least.

Edited by tmp
  • Like 2