Season 9 Wish List

bigbangsheldon

I thought of another wish list item.  I'd like a Bazinga.  Other than the mention in Sheldon's webpage address, we haven't had one since "Bazinga, punk, now we're even!" in season 5's Halloween episode.  I'm glad the writers didn't overdo it, but once in a while would still be welcome, for me at least.

I don't know I appreciate the subtle ways they note it without him saying it. I loved when Penny said "isn't this when he says Bazooka or something" in season 8. I wouldn't mind 1 too though. FYI he did do a Bazinga in the Stag episode during season 5 too Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I know what you're saying, Tallin because I have also seen an increase in argumentative posting to the point that it makes it not fun for anyone. There are some posters that seem to post just to piss other people off. But I think we've (you and me) had an exchange of ideas in a civil fashion and while our points of view may differ a little, I heard your points, you've heard mine and I think we both understand our view points a little bit better. A great deal of negativity for us Lennies, for example, stems from the fact that we feel Lenny has been slighted (sp?) in S8, not to mention Leonard's character assassination (IMO). If a person is a Shamy (such as yourself) of course you're going to be happy with S8 (except perhaps for the finale), but if I remember correctly Shamies were pissed in the second half of S6 (except for the next to last episode) because the writers have stalled them. If one is a shipper of a particular relationship it is hard to not let that color your demeanor regarding the show, be it an episode or a season. And just for the record as pissed off as I am about how Lenny was treated in S8, I'm happy for Shamy even if it doesn't interest me as much as Lenny does.

I know this has nothing to do with S9 wish list, and that I rambled on a little bit, but I wanted to respond to your post appropriately. Hope you don't mind too much :shy:

Thank you for your insightful response! :) Yes. I think we're having  respectful  debates, and I think discussing in that matter, with so much people with variable opinions is what makes this forum so great.  I think, I actually own Lenny's for making me see this couple, I was not that fond of in different light. They really added another thing I like about the show for me. You're right about the argumentative posting. Hopefully it will be better when new season and we will have new topics to talk about. I guess, there are always things I like and I don't in every season,  S8 including, finale I really don't have a problem with Shamy, I see that as an opportunity, but the lack of continuity and the way Lenny were treated this year mostly - Its not making me happy either. I think I see how that can "poison" your overall enjoyment of the show. S6 is good example, even while the problem was so much about stalling but more of the way of portray of these two, and it sure was very uncomfortable, and while I enjoyed other aspects of the show, it sure was taking huge part of enjoyment away, as I guess it does to you too. But that's a past now, and I sincerely hope  soon enough there will be  time when it will be nothing more but  past for you as well.  Maybe next season will bring such a great moments we will turn into bunch of hippies on here? Sheldon sure, would not approve ;)

As I think I  took the ramble way farther I will add some wish. I think it would be really awesome if there was an episode with Amy running some kind of ridiculous neuroscience related experiment (this time with permission) on all characters. Making it hilarious ensemble episode. When I was taking my neurobiology seminars I was so intrigued by how really endless options for even crazy, funny experiments that field have. It can be such a great material for TV show, I think writers are missing a lot, not "digging into that bag" more often. 

• Like 1

My main wishes for Season 9:

Lenny still go to Vegas but decide not to get married yet, and get drunk and just cause mayhem haha (Have a feeling though writers may drop a bombshell and they get married, I just want them to be off on their own for a bit, and to sort the whole Leonard cheating thing honestly)

Shamy resolved in like 5 episodes, and Sheldon tells Amy he wants to sleep with her when he is ready

More group episodes. Like Friends this show is at its best when its ensemble eps. Love Car, Scavenger e.t.c. You diddn't see enough of that in S8

Lenny road trip

Bernadette Pregnent

Lenny moving in together

Leonard to have his stuff you moment, completely flips out and tears Sheldon a new one

Leonard getting tenure

Sheldon to get testy over his spot again

Penny's long hair returns (Although at this stage the premiere shot hours after, I doubt well see it, woulden't really make any logical sense lol)

• Like 1

Apart from the obvious stuff (Shamy happy together, Lenny happy together, fun group episodes, more comedy, less drama), here there are some wishes for next season:

• Living arrangements: I hope that the 4A/4B logic is overcame as soon as possible, I think it has stalled the show way too much in the last season; the writers have to find the courage to go over it! For example, even if Lenny don't get married in Vegas in the premiere, it could be "interesting" if they decide a sort of trial cohabitation period. If the reason for delaying the wedding and for the uncalled Leonard's confession is the fear of marriage and that their differences may ruin it, to live together without signing any "document" may help them to face those problems. I hope also to see a complete makeover of Howard's home; maybe it can became the new place where the gang meet;
  • Penny's work: I really don't see her as a Pharm. Rep.: I hope she returns to be an actress. Last season I saw her way too sad overall, it looked like the money she makes is the only reason for her choice. Boys, Amy and Bernie are passionate with their jobs, she doesn't seem to be happy with it, she's happy just with the economic independence she gains from it. Maybe some minor part in a web sit-com on in an independent movie (not Serial Apeist 3...), something not so big but which gives her faith in her acting abilities again;
  • Raj's girlfriend: Actually, I don't like very much Emily's character...She is too much for me right now; the way she was in the first part of the season was ok, but now she is just scary. I hope at least a complete change for her, writers have done that for Amy and Bernie before, so they can do it for her now. Anyway, the plot of Raj being able to break up with a girl, being so brave to face loneliness and actually preferring it to a bad relationship is intriguing. But I don't want to see the sad Raj of Seasons 5-7 ("and that's how a girl makes a scene", as Penny said...), so...if this is what they have in mind, please keep Emily with us!!
  • More science, two or three "old style" episodes, with girls involved in it, too...
  • Like 2

But I don't want to see the sad Raj of Seasons 5-7 ("and that's how a girl makes a scene", as Penny said...), so...if this is what they have in mind, please keep Emily with us!!

Maybe he''ll have the guts to tell Emily what he wants, and she'll respect him enough, to dial it back a bit?

• Like 1

Apart from the obvious stuff (Shamy happy together, Lenny happy together, fun group episodes, more comedy, less drama), here there are some wishes for next season:

• Living arrangements: I hope that the 4A/4B logic is overcame as soon as possible, I think it has stalled the show way too much in the last season; the writers have to find the courage to go over it! For example, even if Lenny don't get married in Vegas in the premiere, it could be "interesting" if they decide a sort of trial cohabitation period. If the reason for delaying the wedding and for the uncalled Leonard's confession is the fear of marriage and that their differences may ruin it, to live together without signing any "document" may help them to face those problems. I hope also to see a complete makeover of Howard's home; maybe it can became the new place where the gang meet;
  • Penny's work: I really don't see her as a Pharm. Rep.: I hope she returns to be an actress. Last season I saw her way too sad overall, it looked like the money she makes is the only reason for her choice. Boys, Amy and Bernie are passionate with their jobs, she doesn't seem to be happy with it, she's happy just with the economic independence she gains from it. Maybe some minor part in a web sit-com on in an independent movie (not Serial Apeist 3...), something not so big but which gives her faith in her acting abilities again;
  • Raj's girlfriend: Actually, I don't like very much Emily's character...She is too much for me right now; the way she was in the first part of the season was ok, but now she is just scary. I hope at least a complete change for her, writers have done that for Amy and Bernie before, so they can do it for her now. Anyway, the plot of Raj being able to break up with a girl, being so brave to face loneliness and actually preferring it to a bad relationship is intriguing. But I don't want to see the sad Raj of Seasons 5-7 ("and that's how a girl makes a scene", as Penny said...), so...if this is what they have in mind, please keep Emily with us!!
  • More science, two or three "old style" episodes, with girls involved in it, too...

...and that's how I call a sit-com :shy:

• Like 1

Now that we are getting closer to the start of season 9, after these "spoilers" (or rather the lack of them) that creators served to us, I have only that wish: more Lenny, to present them in a better light as a couple than it was in season 8. Only this.

• Like 2

• Living arrangements: I hope that the 4A/4B logic is overcame as soon as possible, I think it has stalled the show way too much in the last season; the writers have to find the courage to go over it! For example, even if Lenny don't get married in Vegas in the premiere, it could be "interesting" if they decide a sort of trial cohabitation period. If the reason for delaying the wedding and for the uncalled Leonard's confession is the fear of marriage and that their differences may ruin it, to live together without signing any "document" may help them to face those problems. I hope also to see a complete makeover of Howard's home; maybe it can became the new place where the gang meet; [snip]

After all the talk in this forum of living arrangements I have long thought they are not changing. (Now that I have said that they probably will change.)

My rational is that the writers will stick with a working formula until it is clearly broken. I'm thinking the 4A/4B setup is part of the package sold to the network. I could be wrong. Tensor?

In regards to what you say as far as living arrangements go you might be right. I wouldn't doubt your appreciation of the situation is spot on. That being said, however, the fact that the writers are willing to risk so little makes them bad writers since they don't move the story as they should, they just stick with the formula this making the story predictable, boring and artificial. the downside of success is that sometimes they try so hard to please TPTB that they forget what got them there in the first place. 

• Like 1

I think the writers are struggling whether to bite the bullet re changing living arrangements. I think the show needs a shift in change. So hope Lenny move in together soon. Their would be actually alot of comedy in Sheldon interviewing prospective room mates, like you saw with Leonard in S3. Leonard and Sheldon is the main arch to the show, so you can understand why they have delayed it, but they need to bite the bullet at some point. But I don't see Leonard moving out, funny he has 1000 reasons to move out, and prob only 5 or so reasons to keep living with Sheldon. 

I think maybe after reading the stuff over the hiatus from all over the Internet (not just here on this forum), fans are getting tired of Lenny's will they/won't they crap, a possibility of yet another break-up (yawn) and Leonard's OOC kiss, season 8 not being as funny as previous seasons, the fact the show itself AND Jim got snubbed, and just fan grumbling in general, I think they might surprise us all and we find out Lenny actually do get married in Vegas (the viewers get to see it).  

And with them now married, it would be even more absolutely ridiculous that he's still living with Sheldon.  So TPTB shake things up with new living arrangements for Lenny and we get a whole new story line for them.

I think maybe after reading the stuff over the hiatus from all over the Internet (not just here on this forum), fans are getting tired of Lenny's will they/won't they crap, a possibility of yet another break-up (yawn) and Leonard's OOC kiss, season 8 not being as funny as previous seasons, the fact the show itself AND Jim got snubbed, and just fan grumbling in general, I think they might surprise us all and we find out Lenny actually do get married in Vegas (the viewers get to see it).  

And with them now married, it would be even more absolutely ridiculous that he's still living with Sheldon.  So TPTB shake things up with new living arrangements for Lenny and we get a whole new story line for them.

Logically that statement is flawed. As they have been will they for 5 years now, and have not broken up in five years, and are not broken up. So that statement makes no sense. 

I'm sorry, what does OOC means?

Leonard never lies to Penny. Their relationship the past five years has been one of open ness and honesty. That has been why it has worked. So based on that logc I don't see why anyone can say what Leonard did was not OOC, it definately was. Benefit of the doubt used here. 

Edited by 3ku11

Leonard never lies to Penny. Their relationship the past five years has been one of open ness and honesty. That has been why it has worked. So based on that logc I don't see why anyone can say what Leonard did was not OOC, it definately was. Benefit of the doubt used here. 

And apparently that's the problem. He is so honest that hurts (Penny). And the moment he had to be more honest than ever (confess that he was kissed by another woman in the North Sea when he got home), he did not. But, although I still think he's the captain Good Guy. If he does something bad, he can not live with this for a long time, so he make a confession and people get mad at him for that.

After all the talk in this forum of living arrangements I have long thought they are not changing. (Now that I have said that they probably will change.)

My rational is that the writers will stick with a working formula until it is clearly broken. I'm thinking the 4A/4B setup is part of the package sold to the network. I could be wrong. Tensor?

No, they have gone far beyond the original package that was sold to the network.  They broke that when they added Bernadette and Amy.   So, changing living arrangements wouldn't (or shouldn't) be a problem.   I Love Lucy moved from Manhattan to Connecticut.  My Three Sons moved from somewhere in the midwest to California.   LaVerne and Shirley moved from Milwaukee to LA.  All in the Family changed to Archie Bunkers Place and they lost the house that was so central to All in the Family.  Mary, from The Mary Tyler Moore show moved to another apartment.  So, it has happened before.  

I thought that they would move either Leonard or Sheldon to 4B this year.  Or, failing that,  possibly move the three of them out of the building entirely.   The reason for that would be to get some value for the production cost of changing the entire set, by being able to use it for at least two years.  I suppose, they may know something we don't and they already know they have an extra year (11) and may make lay the groundwork to have them out of 2311 next year.  

Interesting, that you can somewhat predict plot, based on how they deal with the set.    They would need to move apartments, or set up moving out of 2311  so they would have the summer hiatus to rebuild it.    If they don't move them around the apartments, or set things up to move someone out of 2311 before the end of this coming season, and keep Leonard and Sheldon in 4A, it may indicate they are not considering having Lenny or Shamy marry until toward the end of the series.    

i wouldnt say he never has lied to her. Hes lied to her to various degrees over the years.  Some instances are more harmful than others. 

He lied to her in the psychic vortex, when he said he wouldn't laugh at her.

He lied to her by omission when Alex hit on him.

He lied to her in the raiders minimization to get Penny to satisfy him (mostly to comedic effect).

He lied to her when Penny quit her job and he said he supported her decision, when that wasn't necessarily true.

Also lied by withholding his s8 valentines gift from her, due to embarrassment.

Of all the lies he's told to Penny over the years, the only 1 I found ooc was him being embarrassed to giving Penny his gift from the dirty store.  Because why would leonard be embarrassed to give his promiscuous girlfriend a gift from the dirty store?

i wouldnt say he never has lied to her. Hes lied to her to various degrees over the years.  Some instances are more harmful than others. 

He lied to her in the psychic vortex, when he said he wouldn't laugh at her.

He lied to her by omission when Alex hit on him.

He lied to her in the raiders minimization to get Penny to satisfy him (mostly to comedic effect).

He lied to her when Penny quit her job and he said he supported her decision, when that wasn't necessarily true.

Also lied by withholding his s8 valentines gift from her, due to embarrassment.

Of all the lies he's told to Penny over the years, the only 1 I found ooc was him being embarrassed to giving Penny his gift from the dirty store.  Because why would leonard be embarrassed to give his promiscuous girlfriend a gift from the dirty store?

Nice to see someone keep the spark of bureaucracy alive.

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 1