The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chelle

The Big Bang Theory - Into The Big Screen - Yay Or Nay?

The Big Bang Theory Movie - Yay or Nay?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Went to see Dwayne Johnson's San Andreas.During the trailers,Entourage the movie was shown, and in San Andreas,Caltech played a pivotal role in the movie's plot. With some TV series made into movies,would you like to have a The Big Bang Theory...

• Yes. It'll cure my need for more TBBT. If they can tie the series' plot loose ends why not.
    • No. The end of the show is the end of the show. Period.Writers better give the characters their happy-ever-after at the season ender.
    • Neither. Don't care.
    • I'm undecided until end of series comes.

Went to see Dwayne Johnson's San Andreas.During the trailers,Entourage the movie was shown, and in San Andreas,Caltech played a pivotal role in the movie's plot. With some TV series made into movies,would you like to have a The Big Bang Theory movie?

Edited by Chelle

While I would love to see all the gang up on the big screen, I don't think the show would really fit as a movie.  Maaaaaaybe, if there was a really really good reason.

But I think that a nice hour long or double episode finale will do well enough.

I didn't vote in the poll because there was no option that fit my opinion.

• Like 1

While I would love to see all the gang up on the big screen, I don't think the show would really fit as a movie.  Maaaaaaybe, if there was a really really good reason.

But I think that a nice hour long or double episode finale will do well enough.

I didn't vote in the poll because there was no option that fit my opinion.

Agreed.

Many times, tv shows don't translate well to the big screen. 

I don't know, a trip by the gang to see the supercollider could be funny. Sheldon being arrogant with Europeans, and Amy trying to save him. Penny having some Italian guy hit on her, while a French girl hits on Leonard. Bernadette scaring the Germans and Raj afraid they won't let him back in the states.

• Like 1

I still say no to the big screen, simply because I think the format wouldn't work on the big screen and the balance of how the scenes or "acts" work.  And there wouldn't be a live audience, which is a lot of the charm of the show.  Real people laughing at real humor.

Not with a new story, but I'd like to see some of the earlier seasons condensed into a film. KC is a superb comic actress who makes a lot of the other characters' lines with her facial acting, and her performances ought to be in a permanent format. The classic situation where it was just Penny and the guys is very similar to the set-up of "Ball of Fire"; obviously KC/Penny = Barbara Stanwyck/Sugarpuss O'Neal, and JG/Leonard = Gary Cooper/Professor Potts. Ball of Fire was released in 1941 and is still well worth watching; will anyone be watching TBBT (or any other current sitcom) in 75 years' time?

Not with a new story, but I'd like to see some of the earlier seasons condensed into a film. KC is a superb comic actress who makes a lot of the other characters' lines with her facial acting, and her performances ought to be in a permanent format. The classic situation where it was just Penny and the guys is very similar to the set-up of "Ball of Fire"; obviously KC/Penny = Barbara Stanwyck/Sugarpuss O'Neal, and JG/Leonard = Gary Cooper/Professor Potts. Ball of Fire was released in 1941 and is still well worth watching; will anyone be watching TBBT (or any other current sitcom) in 75 years' time?

It's hard to say whether people will be watching TBBT in 75 years time, considering the format of television sitcom isn't even that old. Consider how we are still just as enamored with I Love Lucy now as we were then. But then, Lucy does have the benefit of historical relevancy. I say that each decade has a handful of sitcoms that define them. TBBT is definitely one for its time, especially since (IMO) it kept the multi-camera sitcom alive during a time when single-camera comedy was making its big comeback. So yeah, I think it's a distinct possibility. Just like how 25 yo me is still gleefully watching The Colgate Comedy Hour and reruns of MASH, some young kid in 2080 might be just as gleefully watching TBBT and dreaming about the good old days of the turn of the century.

But that's a whole different topic, lemme get back to the topic at hand.

Big Bang as a movie? I'm not sure. If I got to decide, I'd say let the series end nice and proper and then (however many years down the line) TV reunion special! It's not impossible, I got my dream of new X-Files and I'm still holding out hope for a Friends Thanksgiving reunion.

big screen??? No.

However, I could totally see them doing a cartoon version for kids to learn science and the characters doing various experiments( some backfire of course so that it's funny) . I've seen some adorable illustrations of the young versions.