The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 3.16 (March 1, Stan Lee guests)

With all due respect I must disagree. I don't think Sheldon's the funniest, not anymore. The writers have gone overboard with Sheldon to the point where he's not even much of a character anymore, more of a charicture now than anything else and the overexposure thats happened with him has diminished my enjoyment of the character. Most of these days I'm getting more laughs from the other characters than I do with Sheldon.

I have just completed seasons 1 & 2 on DVD and my fear is that the writers will turn Sheldon into a caraciture. I haven't seen too many season three episodes so I am trying to catch up. I hope that is not what is happening.

With all due respect I must disagree. I don't think Sheldon's the funniest, not anymore. The writers have gone overboard with Sheldon to the point where he's not even much of a character anymore, more of a charicture now than anything else and the overexposure thats happened with him has diminished my enjoyment of the character. Most of these days I'm getting more laughs from the other characters than I do with Sheldon.

I have just completed seasons 1 & 2 on DVD and my fear is that the writers will turn Sheldon into a caraciture. I haven't seen too many season three episodes so I am trying to catch up. I hope that is not what is happening.

Well. I don't think he's been made into a caricature. Not yet anyway. We'll have to see how the rest of Season 3 goes, which, I just realized, is only like 3-4 more episodes before the Season finale.

One is three notes from like a cops movie or something after Sheldon asks why the fine with a picture of Penny's plate would end up in his mailbox and the other one when Sheldon says "I'm not guilty" and Howard says "you *are* guilty". Any clues ? It rings a bell but still can't get a hold on it.

That's from Law and Order. I already use it as a text message notification on my phone.

get it here:

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=bst&media=WAVS&type=TV_Shows&movie=Law_And_Order&quote=logavel.txt&file=logavel.wav

if this doesnt work for you, search for logavel.* elsewhere

one thing i dont understand in this episode sheldon pay the fine and said to leonard in the end i pay the fine and take 3 points on my drive license who i dont have yet and in the 2 season episode 5 if i not wrong ^^ he wins a drive license so this episode of 3 season is the past and the episode of 2 season when he gets the drive is the future that means the episode is random ^^ what you think people ????

Sheldon did not get his license in season two. He received a learner's permit. This allows him to practice driving while a licensed driver rides with him. Sheldon still doesn't have an actual license.

I'm with the guys in the show when it comes to science, engineering, star trek, star wars, LOTR...

...but when it comes to comic books I'm sitting with Penny. I had no idea who Stan Lee was until I turned to Google.

Actually I did not know who Adam West was either.  I watched Bat Man as a kid but did not pay any attention to the credits in those days.

My daughter noticed that I was on this forum the other day and said "you know there is a comic book store that has all kinds of BBT stuff in it?"

First of all I was quite surprised to learn there is actually a comic book store in my neighborhood. It is so close I could walk. A few days ago I was wondering if there is still such a thing -- how could they compete with ebay and amazon? I would have expected to have to go all the way into downtown Vancouver to find such a store.

Funny I don't see the BBT stuff on their website (just checked). Well it is not much of a web site.

I loved the episode, then again I don't think I've been dissapointed with any I've seen so far. The script Sheldon gives Penny in her 'native tounge' was hilarious, as was Raj's shirt, Sheldon in jail. The meer fact he doesn't open checks since many of the things he wants to purchas hasn't been invented yet! xD He pays part rent and bills right?? I'm finding out I'm a sucker for Penny-Sheldon intereaction episodes. The way they treat each other is hilarious!

• Like 1