The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HeidiT1972

Hello.:)

Hi Everyone.

I'm Heidi from the UK (specifically England). I joined the forum a couple of weeks or so ago, having lurked for a while, and have been avidly reading. I had forgotten I hadn't actually posted anything yet! :)

Anyway, a friend introduced me to TBBT in March, by getting me to watch The Troll Manifestation. I thoiught it was very funny, but of course knew nothing about the characters. By the middle of April, I'd got seasons 1-7 on DVD. I started at the beginning and was hooked instantly! :) I have since watched all 8 seasons through once. I am working my way through the seasons for a second time (currently at the beginning of season 8.) I may be slightly obsessed! :)

I like all the characters very much. I have definitely become something of a Shamy shipper, though. When I watched Troll Manifestation for the first time, I was vaguely aware that Amy was Sheldon's girlfriend, but when I started watching it from the beginning, I was very much "Sheldoin gets a girlfriend? How??" I think the development of their relationship does make sense though, even at a snail's pace. It helps that Jim & Mayim have a great onscreen chemistry.

Anyway, that is probably (more than) enough from me. It is great to be here. :)

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums HeidiT, I hope you enjoy your time here.  Please be sure to look at our main site.  Just click on our logo in the upper left corner at the top of the forum.  

Wow. I don't even know which episode I saw first. It has been a long time. I do know I saw S3e24 before I saw any other episodes with Amy and that I'd already been watching a long time.

Welcome to the forums, Heidi. I hope you enjoy being a member of the community. :)

Hi Heidi,

Same as you I didn't present me first, this doesn't make sens yet, doing quickly is a mark of sociability.

The main couple is first Penny arriving in the neighbourhood of Leonard, after he moves in co-renting with Sheldon. The plot begins with how could a geek as Leonard with a friend as Sheldon can date the fairy hair waitress. Penny really social bound quickly with the couple of friends, but seems to dislike Sheldon, the science enthusiastic beta male.
Penny said 'easy young female' doesn't care about science and fluently exposes her common sens, as a force in the real world her new friends seem to ignore.

When cames Amy, as a friend of Penny wandering, she is an ovni on the show and nothing can be predicted of what her contribution could becomes. So the day she was presented to Sheldon that was (for her) as a mind soul.

We actually ignore the nature of the reciprocal boundary.
That appears as a sort of suspens, we are all hung by.

Welcome on the forum!