The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
djsurrey

Star Wars 7

I like the old school effects: no excessive CGI and whatnot. I hope they manage to recreate the feel of the original movies by doing this.

I don't have high expectations, though. I have set them really low, to lower the damage my disappointment might do to me if the movie turns out to be bad.

The theatrical trailer dropped during Monday night football. Just checked it out on line and I'm really excited.

From Entertainment Tonight: http://www.etonline.com/news/175463_star_wars_fan_has_dying_wish_granted/

A Terminally Ill 'Star Wars' Fan Has Been Granted His Dying Wish of Seeing 'The Force Awakens' Early

J.J. Abrams just made a Star Wars fan’s final wish come true.

Daniel Fleetwood, 32, was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and, in July, given two months to live. Fleetwood has been a huge Star Wars fan since he was 8 or 9 years old and, now that he is on hospice, said he was worried he wouldn’t “make it” until the official release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Now, his wish has been granted. “Today the wonderful Disney and Lucasfilms made his final dream come true,” his wife, Ashley, posted on Facebook. “In the amazing typical Disney way, they really do make dreams come true!”

“Daniel just finished watching an unedited version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens!!!” she said. “We would like to thank the awesomely talented JJ Abrams for calling us yesterday to tell us Daniel was getting his wish granted!”

The screening of the film, which won’t be released until Dec. 18, took place at Fleetwood’s home. “I want to thank ALL the amazing people who helped make this happen, thank you beyond words!!! May the force be with you all,” Ashley said.

^ That's nice. I heard their were some divide between the fans, because one of the leads is African American. Bound to happen I suspose, still a lot of Discrimination in the States I see. But the last films had leads portrayed by African Americans, so don't see the issue here. The trailer looks good, of course it well always be compared to it's predecessors. But isin't that the case with all things? Big Bang well always get compared to its early years, or Friends heh.

When Harrison Ford auditioned for star wars he was actually working as a carpenter making sets.

The first image below is a young Harrison in the original Star Wars.
The second image is from a trailer for the new movie.

L4tL4XH.jpg

The trailer

https://youtu.be/sGbxmsDFVnE 

• Like 1

Reveiws in NZ best since Jedi. That's all I know and that's all I see. Before I watch it on Saturday :D.