The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kazzie

A Small note from me regarding Spoilers / Attacks

I appreciate your stance, Kazzie.  I just want to add, though, that the spoilers that people draw on to attack Bill or others don't necessarily come from anything you do, so I don't think you need to feel responsible.

You all did not do a taping report this time and people still attacked with spoilers gleaned from elsewhere.

Having a big open audience in this day and age, with social media of all kinds, there are bound to be lots of people sharing spoilers with their friends and tumblr followers.

Just saying that you don't have to feel guilty or responsible for what the knuckleheads do.

I agree with Phanta and support your position on the spoilers matter. I love the spoilers, but not getting them would not effect me loving TBBT or wanting to talk about it on this forum.

• Like 3

Thank you for providing us with TRs in the past, Kazzie. It was truely appreciated!

• Like 5

I appreciate your stance, Kazzie.  I just want to add, though, that the spoilers that people draw on to attack Bill or others don't necessarily come from anything you do, so I don't think you need to feel responsible.

You all did not do a taping report this time and people still attacked with spoilers gleaned from elsewhere.

Having a big open audience in this day and age, with social media of all kinds, there are bound to be lots of people sharing spoilers with their friends and tumblr followers.

Just saying that you don't have to feel guilty or responsible for what the knuckleheads do.

I agree.

It's not your fault, Kazzie. Don't beat yourself up over this.

• Like 3

kazzie: i just wanna say thank you!! i really appreciate what you and the other girls have done for all the shamy fans and tbbt fans in general... there are a lot of people (including me) who can't attend a taping, (for many reasons: money, because we're living in a foreign country etc) and thanks to you and the other people who kindly sharing the taping report we can get some information about the upcoming episodes. We haven't even met, but this fandom and the love for shamy keeps us united no matter the country, language, gender or how we look like!! I'm really sorry what happened last night and how you and the girls feel about it, i don't understand why people can do this kind of things. Attacking to the writers or producers it's definitely not the way to let them know our frustration, anger or disappointment. They're telling a story and we like it or not it's their story, we can decide buy it or not as simple as that. I support your position on the spoilers matter and once again thank you for all the taping reports you provided us!!.

• Like 2

Thank you Kazzie for all you gave us! You and the other girls are amazing! I always enjoy your posts and tweets. I´ll miss you a lot!  Hope you came son, when the waters calm.

You are a great SHAMY fan!

• Like 1

Kazzie, you have been a power in your own right. It's others that abuse what you have given. People can suck. But you have only tried to do good. And I'm sure everyone knows that.

Is there any way we can blame a Kardashian?

• Like 9

WOW the trolls on the internet strike again.  Kazzie I completely understand your decision but I definitely don't think you should feel responsible for the reaction of other people. I agree with Phanta that the information is out there from other sources not just you and the others on this forum.   I think that the producers accept that spoilers will get out when they tape in front of a live audience (even in the days before twitter etc) and they feel that the benefits of the live audience reactions outweigh this as only a small number of the total people watching the show find out in advance what happens.  Bill often says that the show that airs is what matters not what is seen at taping. I would imagine due to the storylines in the last three episodes he was expecting a reaction.  I admire the fact that he reads and responds to tweets but hope he uses the blocking function more. 

Thanks for keeping us entertained by your spoilers in the past and I hope this fuss doesn't spoil what sounds like a fantastic holiday

• Like 3

Due to the inconsiderate actions and lack of common sense of others, it distresses me that you feel responsible.   This couldn't be further from the truth.  They are the idiots.   You speak of Bill as being the hero, but you have been a hero to many of us here on the forum who will never have the opportunity or finances to attend a live taping and to those on the other side of the hemisphere who have to wait months to see what is already airing here on this side of the world.

Kazzie, we have spent many sleepless Tuesday nights in anticipation for even a tidbit of news from you, Mitchy, and others.  It has been worth it.    Thank you so much for all the information you have volunteered in the past to fuel our love and desire to talk about our favorite characters before and in between episode airings.   The speculations have been fun, and I look forward to your commentary in the forum posts.

• Like 3

Thanks for all you've done for the fandom Kazzie :) I understand why you choose not to do taping reports anymore. But please don't feel responsible for the actions of other people out there. It's not your fault they're crazy. Haha.

Kazzie...thanks for what you have done for the fans and I support your decision, but agree with Phanta ...this is not your responsibility to bear.  But that said, I can still understand your stance and support your decision.  

• Like 3

Kazzie thank you for all of your posts and insights now and in the past. You should not in anyway feel any complicity with the haters. You were always clear on your purpose and we are all so grateful. You helped many people attend who may not have had a chance. Hopefully all this harassment will pass. 

I said in another post I respect all opinions. This is a forum and we have been free to express our concerns here but harassing TPTB and actors is unforgivable 

Thank you again!  Safe travels!

• Like 1

Kazzie thank you for all of your posts and insights now and in the past. You should not in anyway feel responsible for these jerks attacking Bill!  I respect your decision to not show taping reports.

image.jpg

Let me start by saying how much I appreciate what taping attendees have shared with us and that I completely respect your decision, Kazzie

Here's what I don't understand.  One person, Bill Prady (part-time producer and co-creator) said this to his 191,000 Twitter followers today

As I said, I don’t care what people post — just don’t complain about something that hasn’t aired. It isn’t the show.

Bill didn't state that he was speaking on anyone's behalf. This wasn't a statement from Warner Brothers or CBS. I didn't see any statements from Chuck Lorre, the other producers, writers or cast.

I appreciate that Bill has been outgoing and generous to members of this forum who have attended tapings, but it almost feels like he is lashing out because people are questioning the show's choices and guess what...that is allowed. He could have said "you're just going to have to watch on 9/28 to see what happens" or "the cast loved it & when it airs, you will too", he could have said nothing . That's not the road he took, unfortunately. And if he didn't like these tweets, wait until 15 million or so people watch it when it airs!

Now...

When you obtain your tickets, are you informed that you cannot discuss what you will be seeing? Are you informed by Audiences Unlimited or anyone on the set that what you are about to see is on a non-disclosure basis? Do you sign a statement of some kind, swearing you to secrecy?

If the answers to these questions are NO, then you are (in my opinion) free to share. We (you) are not responsible for the uncouth, ignorant and/or juvenile people who find it necessary to act up on social media. Nor are we (you) responsible for how the adults associated with the show care to respond or not respond.

You and the others need to do what gives you peace. Again, my thanks and appreciation for the planning, time and (sometimes) $$$ it takes to have this experience, it has been a joy to follow your adventures You guys are the best! :drinks:

• Like 2

Well. I agree and subscribe to all the support ppl showed to you in the comments above.

As a fan of the show and a supporter of this forum (which i have come to appreciate very much ^^) i feel so sorry this happened. I kinda saw it coming, though. I don't blame or dictate to ppl how they should feel with the storylines and plots, but i think there are levels of fanaticism, and some things just shouldn't be done... anyway i can only hope this don't occur again, and we may have a pleasant season 9, just enjoying a tv show that -still- brings laughs and entertainment.

I thank you, and all the other users that have given us details and taping reports all this years; for feeding the guilty pleasure of knowing what happens beforehand lol.

• Like 1

Love you, Kaz. Perfectly put. You've made a great decision for now. It's a shame that people get out of hand and turn it into a huge mess and not understand that it effects multiple, multiple people.

• Like 6

Kazzie, Thank you very much for all the information and for your warm attitude to all of us! It' s not your fault at all. Of course we respect your decision, it can not be otherwise. I don't understand how it is possible for people to shit in the same place, where they eat! Some people are idiots and it's sad.

Edited by AlFisher

To bad it had to come to this.

I agree with what others have said, none of this is your fault Kazzie, but I understand your decision.

Ditto to everything said above...thank you for everything and you're not at fault for the behavior of other people.  Sincerely.  Kaz, you've owed us nothing but it hasn't stopped you from putting hours and hours of effort into writing taping reports.

Things have been getting progressively out of hand over time, and frankly I don't see any other solution besides not giving spoilers.  It won't stop some of the fans from misbehaving when the show airs, but at least they'll have seen it first.

On a more general note, I've been disappointed in the attitudes of some posters on this forum lately.  I certainly understand being unhappy with the current story arcs, and I'm not trying to tell anyone how to watch the show.  Having said that, we can discuss the show in a mature way without lashing out at each other or the showrunners, and we can do it without histrionics.  Seriously, we're better than this.

Edited by tmp
  • Like 4