The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kazzie

A Small note from me regarding Spoilers / Attacks

I am fully aware I can spoil. I don't sign anything to say otherwise. Bill is fine with us spoiling.

My issue is that people are using the information I give people is being used to attack Bill and the show.., And over an episode that hasn't even aired yet. I have so much respect for Bill and the Show that I don't want to be the one feeding the ammunition. It was fine before people starting attacking. We as a community would treat the spoilers as gold and discussed it among ourselves. But some people have gone all out to attack the show. THAT I am not being responsible for. 

Other people are free to spoil if they wish. But for now. Im not saying anymore thats been said already.

Well, once again, the current "attacks" on Bill, et al, happened without you or the others having posted anything.  Someone else posted spoilers elsewhere and the crap came from there, so as I see it, you haven't given anyone ammunition.

There are always going to people with no respect who feel no qualms about harassing people.

• Like 1

First, thank you for the spoilers that we enjoyed until now. Second, thank you for no more spoilers. I made sure I was on the site every Wednesday morning after a taping day to see what was going to happen. Now that it won't be there, I may like it better because everything will be a surprise. Maybe spoilers are not what they're cracked up to be. If they're there, I'll look, I don't know why, I wish sometimes I didn't. If they're not there, I'll anticipate an episode even more. I won't be sitting there with my family watching an episode waiting for all the things I read a month or two previous. Besides all that, if you ever restart the taping reports, I'll probably be unnaturally drawn back to read them.

If you can, since I missed it, can you tell what happened with Bill and Twitter? It's a shame people bothered him there. It's like Doctor Who. Steven Moffat (EP of DW) either cancelled his Twitter account or just stopped reading/posting there because of "fans" who think that being a fan gives them the right to badger the creative people behind the show.

Chuck Lorre ought to drop a piano on all those ungrateful "fans". If they think they could do better, let them get their own sitcom.

Thanks for all you do Kazzie and I totally respect your decision.  I'm glad that you have a somewhat relationship with a hero.  That is awesome.  God bless..

First, thank you for the spoilers that we enjoyed until now. Second, thank you for no more spoilers. I made sure I was on the site every Wednesday morning after a taping day to see what was going to happen. Now that it won't be there, I may like it better because everything will be a surprise. Maybe spoilers are not what they're cracked up to be. If they're there, I'll look, I don't know why, I wish sometimes I didn't. If they're not there, I'll anticipate an episode even more. I won't be sitting there with my family watching an episode waiting for all the things I read a month or two previous. Besides all that, if you ever restart the taping reports, I'll probably be unnaturally drawn back to read them.

If you can, since I missed it, can you tell what happened with Bill and Twitter? It's a shame people bothered him there. It's like Doctor Who. Steven Moffat (EP of DW) either cancelled his Twitter account or just stopped reading/posting there because of "fans" who think that being a fan gives them the right to badger the creative people behind the show.

Chuck Lorre ought to drop a piano on all those ungrateful "fans". If they think they could do better, let them get their own sitcom.

Bill's tweets said he doesn't mind if people who attend the tapings post spoilers online, but he doesn't want people tweeting him complaints about a show that hasn't aired yet.  He said, as we've often pointed out here, that things seem different in print than on screen.  He'll block people.

Kazzie, you have proven yourself the best sort of fan; loyal and true.  Thank you for that.  I only hope that you still can enjoy being the sort of fan you wish to be.  We can all see the enjoyment you receive from TBBT.  Don't let the actions of a few spoil that for you.  Stay your sweet self!!!

• Like 1

I've been MIA for a couple of months ... can someone bring me up to speed?    What happened?   I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that the "Taping Reports" thread is gone?

The taping report thread isn't gone, is it?  Last time I checked, the TR for the first episode was still there.  There just no report for the 2nd ep.

And there's nothing to say that others attending subsequent episodes won't do reports in the future, so I don't think there would be any reason to delete the thread. 

Some people (not from these boards, as far as I know) took it upon themselves to harass Bill Prady about whatever they were unhappy about from the spoilers they saw on other sites, like some tumblr sites.

Lol, better check again. Then google 1984 memory hole

Wow.

I think it's rather drastic to remove the whole thread.  As I said, just because some people don't want to have done a TR because of the crazies out there doesn't mean that there should never be another TR posted here.

If I were going to a taping this season, you can bet your butt I'd be doing a taping report, even if no one wanted it.  So why is the thread gone, Tensor? Tripper?

TPTB have no issues with spoilers and TRs, so why should we?

• Like 3

I do hope that people will be willing to share some details as they attend tapings, because otherwise those of us who are spoiled will go insane.  :wink:  But if people aren't comfortable doing an entire TR I really can't say I blame them, mainly for the reasons stated above.  It's always been a case where those who attend tapings do these writeups because they want to share with us, and I've always really appreciated that.  I can understand why people are hesitant currently.  It was great to see that Bill has no problem with it (which was evident since we haven't ever been told to stop), but the tweeting him and harassing him needs to stop, and I can see why people might be hesitant to share when that kind of thing is going on.

I'll be honest here.  I haven't been posting much on the boards or reading most of the threads since the premiere was taped and the reason for that is that this forum has suddenly turned into a really ugly place to be.

Members attacking members, members & non-members attacking cast and crew and all the negativity being spewed over something no one save for those of us who have seen episode 1 taped/played back and episode 2 taped.  I just really wish people would reserve their judgement on the material until they see it on the screen in the way the writers and actors intend for us to see it.  Things are being blown way out of proportion and I just can't be a part of it.  

I will say this.  Regardless if you're a fan of the current story line or not, both episodes are good.  Some are funnier than others but they are both really good and they serve a very real purpose in telling the story they are trying to tell this season.  Its a good story arc and it has so much promise.  I just wish people could stop fixating on the one or two aspects they apparently hate based on spoilers and instead of reserving judgement until they see it as it plays out on screen.  Anyone who watches this show knows how much nuance there is in line delivery, facial expressions, body language etc.

Please stop driving yourselves crazy imagining all this doom and gloom cause I assure you, that's not what these episodes are delivering.

I whole-heartedly agree with this. 

• Like 2

I'll be honest here.  I haven't been posting much on the boards or reading most of the threads since the premiere was taped and the reason for that is that this forum has suddenly turned into a really ugly place to be.

Members attacking members, members & non-members attacking cast and crew and all the negativity being spewed over something no one save for those of us who have seen episode 1 taped/played back and episode 2 taped.  I just really wish people would reserve their judgement on the material until they see it on the screen in the way the writers and actors intend for us to see it.  Things are being blown way out of proportion and I just can't be a part of it.  

I will say this.  Regardless if you're a fan of the current story line or not, both episodes are good.  Some are funnier than others but they are both really good and they serve a very real purpose in telling the story they are trying to tell this season.  Its a good story arc and it has so much promise.  I just wish people could stop fixating on the one or two aspects they apparently hate based on spoilers and instead of reserving judgement until they see it as it plays out on screen.  Anyone who watches this show knows how much nuance there is in line delivery, facial expressions, body language etc.

Please stop driving yourselves crazy imagining all this doom and gloom cause I assure you, that's not what these episodes are delivering.

Took the words right out of my mouth.  

How boring would a ship be if it glided along as if it were on rails?  Things are being set up for GOLD - trust the writers.

Trust them.

• Like 5

Took the words right out of my mouth.  

How boring would a ship be if it glided along as if it were on rails?  Things are being set up for GOLD - trust the writers.

Trust them.

After what I've seen in the first two episodes, I trust them completely.

COMPLETELY.

• Like 6

After what I've seen in the first two episodes, I trust them completely.

COMPLETELY.

It's great to hear something like this from someone who's seen both episodes. Thank you CaffeineBuzz for this positivity.

• Like 7

Look, my understanding is, its a temporary decision for now given how volatile the last week has been.  I know Bill has flat out come out and said he's aware, doesn't care etc.  But those of us who usually provide info on that level suddenly felt kind of on the spot and attacked.  Not to mention the fact that we were providing the info when we could out of our love for the show, not for it then to be turned around and used as ammo to attack the cast, writers, crew etc.  

TR will probably happen again....once the dust settles a bit.  For now, people (not necessarily on this forum) are abusing the info, using it in a way it was never intended to be used and I for one agree that the thread should just be non-available for now.  I flat out said this time around that I wouldn't be posting any spoilers because from the way people had reacted to the premiere, I knew there would be issues still with episode 2.  So if people want to know more details, they can approach those of us who went, no problem, but as for doing a full report, no.  Honestly, it was nice to just kick back and be part of the audience for once.

Its not that we don't want to share, we just don't want that info used to attack the people who work really hard to create the show we love so much.

I understand that people don't want to be a part of the craziness, but I think we can be pretty sure that none of the attacks on Bill, et al, came from here.  So people got their spoiler info elsewhere, regardless if there was a report posted here.

Pulling the TR thread because of something that happened off the boards seems a little like shutting the barn door after the horse got out.  If the tweet war was a result of spoilers posted elsewhere, since the decision not to do a report happened before a lot of the tweeting, then what is the point of pulling the first TR?

I know that no one has to feel obligated to do a report, but I don't know how that retroactively should affect what's already been posted.  People are going to react however they're going to react.  There was no TR this time, but spoilers were still talked about in chat and on a Q&A basis, and people still freaked out, so how does not doing a TR make any difference?

Actually, I think it's kind of worse without the report because people are getting information piecemeal and reacting and overreacting to bits and pieces of information without understanding the whole.

Every now and then someone will post more context for a particular scene and then everyone calms down or sees it in a different perspective because then they understand the bigger picture.  It would have been nice to have had the bigger picture to begin with.  As it is, people are chasing one line or one scene here and there through page after page of discussion, with so much vitriol being spewed at the writers and I think that part of the reason is that people don't know how to envision the episode as a whole.

Again, no one should feel obligated.  I just think that avoiding a TR but still talking about spoilers doesn't help anything.  People will still find out.  I just think I would rather hear it from people here that I trust than hear bits and pieces gathered from random people on tumblr, or read bits and pieces in discussion without knowing how things fit in the bigger picture.  I couldn't go into chat Tuesday night, so if the episode was discussed more fully there, I didn't see it.  What I saw was people giving birth to oversized bovines over the Sheldon/Penny kiss and hating on the writers for hit, etc., etc., and hating Sheldon for his antics toward Amy, again, with no context.

And I've had to chase post after post in order to try to understand what was happening.  I still don't know if I understand the episode or know the big picture.  It took forever to figure out what the SF trip was about.  So, if people are still willing to write about the episode in response to Q&A, then how is that different from doing a TR?

• Like 4

The problem is.. some of the attacks DID come form here.

• Like 3

The problem is.. some of the attacks DID come form here.

Well, that's a shame--and I think those people should be dealt with individually.

But it still feels as if we're all being "punished", if you will.

The problem I see is that the spoilers for the episodes are now scattered through a ton of pages, between the Lenny, Shamy, and general folders.  There's no one place to go and confirm or debunk some of the wild speculation that has gone on.

On the TXF board I go to, there has been lightening speed threads there discussing the upcoming revival miniseries.  We had some spoilers based on scenes filmed in the street and a few people having seen some script pages, but things blew up so fast that no one could tell true spoilers from speculation.  So they created a spoilers only thread where the moderators posted what was known to be true--episode titles, pictures, lines or scenes that had some kind of verification.

So, if you read something and you're not sure how much truth there is to it, you have a more or less objective listing of information.

For us, that was pretty much what the TRs were--a factual place to see what was or was not actually in an episode.  People will speculate wildly in the various discussion threads, but if it ever gets confusing, one would only have to look at the fairly objective TR to see what was really there and what was someone remembering it wrong or putting words in someone's mouth or whatever.

At this point, it's hard to separate fact from speculation because it's buried in the threads somewhere beneath all the "I want to punch the writers in the face" stuff.

• Like 1

No Excuse for that kind of behavior it is one thing for us to have some heated discussions on this forum but to attack the show's producers on twitter is unacceptable

Edited by Earnie
  • Like 1

Well, that's a shame--and I think those people should be dealt with individually.

But it still feels as if we're all being "punished", if you will.

The problem I see is that the spoilers for the episodes are now scattered through a ton of pages, between the Lenny, Shamy, and general folders.  There's no one place to go and confirm or debunk some of the wild speculation that has gone on.

On the TXF board I go to, there has been lightening speed threads there discussing the upcoming revival miniseries.  We had some spoilers based on scenes filmed in the street and a few people having seen some script pages, but things blew up so fast that no one could tell true spoilers from speculation.  So they created a spoilers only thread where the moderators posted what was known to be true--episode titles, pictures, lines or scenes that had some kind of verification.

So, if you read something and you're not sure how much truth there is to it, you have a more or less objective listing of information.

For us, that was pretty much what the TRs were--a factual place to see what was or was not actually in an episode.  People will speculate wildly in the various discussion threads, but if it ever gets confusing, one would only have to look at the fairly objective TR to see what was really there and what was someone remembering it wrong or putting words in someone's mouth or whatever.

At this point, it's hard to separate fact from speculation because it's buried in the threads somewhere beneath all the "I want to punch the writers in the face" stuff.

Well, Some people have to ruin it for others unfortunately. Until the whole situation calms down, You're just going to have to deal with the way things are right now. Especially when there are 'incorrect' articles online about fans spoiling.

Its no light to punish. Only protect.

• Like 4

Ok I just caught up with this thread, it's very much appreciated that we have had so many people willing to give us spoilers in the past and I understand why things are the way they are at the moment

• Like 4

And honestly I have practically written a taping report if you search under my name over the last two days. Just lump it all together. And I have been more than gracious to answer any questions. But I do ask that the PMs stop!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as people can't get information easily, they're going to be grilling you.  What I was talking about is that all the context and information you've been provided is scattered between a ton of posts that may or may not have to do with that information.

I appreciate all the details you've been providing, but I don't understand why it couldn't have been in one post like a TR.  I've had a conversation with Tripper and I know that he sees TRs as some kind of lightening rod calling attention to the site.  I don't agree with that assessment, or see why he wants to return the site to a S6 kind of set up where people posted spoilers randomly.  The whole point of creating the TR threads in the first place, I think, was so that one could find the information more easily.  Before that, the information was posted randomly, I guess.  But the creation of the TR threads came as a response to the desire to be able to see the spoilers in a collected place.  If you weren't here the day after a taping, you could always go back and read about the episode that was taped.

I just find it kind of a weird decision that doesn't really prevent anything like what happened.  And since TPTB aren't scouring the internet looking for spoiler pages to take down, I just don't get this kind of decision.

Whatever.  There's always the spoilers page at FanForum.

Hi:

I just wanted to stop by to add my Big Thanks to all the reporters, I totally understand how you guys want to "step back and reevaluate your relationship" with the TRs!  Hopefully no one shows up at your doors with a box of Penny's bras!  Don't believe them, we would never cheat on you guys :icon_biggrin:

I was late to watching Big Bang Theory and found this board to catch up a bit.  Honestly, while I have been totally spoiled, what I really enjoy, more than the spoilers themselves...is the taping night excitement and the in-depth and sometimes hilarious discussion that follows.  (True, negative and downright cray-cray discussions often flare up, but I have been pretty good at ignoring those).

But I really sympathize with our group of intrepid super-fans / reporters over the past couple of weeks, how you would feel like you want to fade into the woodwork for a while.  I do think the tweets from Bill on the taping attendance were a bit misguided, the number of seats the "repeaters" take up is nothing compared to the number of people who they helped get tickets, the generosity of folks on this forum is amazing!  Too bad it all had to end up in the not so good changes at AU.  No dig at Bill here at all...he really seems like a nice guy based on public appearances and other info about him (Muppets!!)...he was probably just tired of hearing all the whining on social media.  I think lots of people just looked at the ticket website 1-2 times saw the always sold out, and started bitching.  But plenty of people who took the time to find this forum and ask for help and info, got tickets.

Then the second round of twitter blasts to Bill..Jeebus!  

So, for the spoilers you guys have provided, I am always most appreciative of your efforts to share and answer questions.  I know you guys know you are in no way responsible for others being complete A-holes, but I would react the same way, just step back and chillax for a while.

Take Care!

Edited by bhreg
  • Like 5