The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dayton Lavon Kitchens

Any Idea Who Got the Open Tenured Position?

I was just watching a rerun of the Tenure Turbulence and I was surprised it was fully two seasons ago!    Was there any indications at all as to who had gotten the tenured position?    Leonard, Raj, Sheldon, or Barry Kripke?    Of course I'm sure there were more up for it than just those four.

Although I would put Kripke as having an edge given his work being superior to Sheldon's and his superior ability to suck up.

Sheldon thanked Mrs. Davis for recommending himself, Leonard, and Raj for the tenure short list. Of course, there could have been more candidates on the list who were not mentioned and who we don't know. My guess is that neither Sheldon, Leonard, nor Raj got the position.

They never said who got it.  I think the mention of the short list is to kind of let the audience know that their antics didn't disqualify them, but then left it up in the air.

Neither of them, I think...Al Least, IRL, when a short list for an academic position is made, the final decision comes relatively quickly, so...no news, bad news...

I agree that none of the three got tenure.  Also, from a plot standpoint, if any of the three of them did get tenure, it would probably create a permanent change in the group dynamics that would affect all episodes thereafter.

I agree that none of the three got tenure.  Also, from a plot standpoint, if any of the three of them did get tenure, it would probably create a permanent change in the group dynamics that would affect all episodes thereafter.

I agree too. Probably someone else at Cal-tech like Kripke,Bert, or Leslie Winkle got it. If someone in the group got it, it would've drastically changed their relationships and dynamics in the social group