The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Amy Fowler

Greetings from the UK!

I'm the worst at hellos and introductions, not to mention its been years since I was last on a forum!, and after creepily stalking the forums for months it's even more awkward but Hello! I'm Lucy, long term Shamy fan! I'm from the UK as the title says so this place is a gold mine for getting ahead of the rest of the country! I'm an actress so I look up to Big Bang cause of its writing, character development and of course the actors and general team around them. Massively geeky in all aspects, gotta love me some Star Wars and Doctor who. I read up about the stars and planets for fun. No idea what else to say so I can't wait to get meeting you all! :fi_lone_ranger:

Edited by Amy Fowler

Welcome to the forums Amy, I hope you enjoy your time here.   Please remember to look at the main site.  

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums Amy, I hope you enjoy your time here.   Please remember to look at the main site.  

thanks Tensor! I will do :)

I'm also from the UK.

Without asking you to be too specific, could I ask whereabouts in the UK you are?

I'm a little north (about 20 miles) of Manchester.

Welcome to the forums, Amy Fowler. I hope you enjoy being a member of the community. :)

welcome lucy, enjoy the forum

thank you :)

I'm also from the UK.

Without asking you to be too specific, could I ask whereabouts in the UK you are?

I'm a little north (about 20 miles) of Manchester.

yay!! I'm in North London but I spend a lot of time in and around Manchester. It's lovely up north!

Welcome to the forums, Amy Fowler. I hope you enjoy being a member of the community. :)

thank you :) loving it already!

So, can we expect some Shamy fanfics from you?

Possibly! but you lovely people do a fantastic job (btw your pics after 8.24 have kept me going this summer!) I'd hate to  :shy: 

Thank you ddsunny473 :)

Welcome! 

The UK sucks though :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks kazzie. LOL at times it does indeed (*cough* the weather *cough*) :icon_razz:

Edited by Amy Fowler

I beg your pardon?

If it sucks so much, why do you continue to live here?

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

Welcome! 

Sounds like Kazzie has a real chip on her shoulder with regards to the UK.

Perhaps, instead of just writing unjustified, and offensive remarks, she would care to explain her obvious resentment for the United Kingdom.

Edited by Stewie99

I don't want to speak for Kazzie but I guess she meant it in jest? Kinda how we Brits roll right? I for one can't say we get the best weather Mother Nature has to offer :F Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to speak for Kazzie but I guess she meant it in jest? Kinda how we Brits roll right? I for one can't say we get the best weather Mother Nature has to offer :F Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all for joking about countries and whatever but at least make a joke about SOMETHING, rather than just the country as a whole. Why not say "Welcome. You're weather sucks though" than just slating the whole country? I'm not massively offended but it's a bit rude to say it on a couple of different threads when many of the members of this forum are British. If someone doesn't like the UK then I have no problem with that at all, but at least tell people why you don't like the UK rather than just posting on different threads about how much you don't like it without giving any reasons.

It's like me saying "I hate Bernadette" but giving no reason. People might start to get a bit irritated if I posted that on different threads without justifying it, as some people like the character. However, I don't hate Bernadette so it isn't an issue for me, but I just wish people would explain why the dislike something rather than just slating it.

I for one can't say we get the best weather Mother Nature has to offer

True, but we do get a nice mix, as opposed to some countries which bake almost all year, or others that are covered in snow almost all year.

Personally, I wouldn't swap the UK for any other country.

True, but we do get a nice mix, as opposed to some countries which bake almost all year, or others that are covered in snow almost all year.

Personally, I wouldn't swap the UK for any other country.

Very true. I think I just need to get out of the city more. We do have exceptional countryside :). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to say, I don't find running down your own country humorous.

Each to their own.