The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Queen Louise

what does this mean??

ok guys this is something i want to put out there so. will there be no taping reports anymore? do we have to wait till the episode airs or will someone else report tapings?

• Like 1

It seems to be agreement only among some members of the forum, the decision of someone to write a report or not is free decision of anyone who attends taping, and those are not the same people every week, I don't think there's any barrier for other people to do report, If they would want to.

Plus even when there was no one going from here, we eventually found out some info, many people goes on tapings and speak, unless there will not be some rule on the forum, I wouldn't be worried we'll stay spoiler-free ;)

• Like 2

Have to understand that taping reports and spoilers dont grow on trees and aren't provided officially. We have to be lucky to have someone there (and we have been very lucky!) who is willing to feed back to us after the taping. So there's no guarantee on every taping for any information at all, it's hit and miss. 

• Like 9

Thanks to those who attend tapings and give us some of the spoils. I lived watching Big bang from S1-S8 not reading TRs. The reason why I wanted it so much this season is because of Shamy's break up. I heard what fans do to TR's, that's why I am a bit glad it's not up there. I could understand why they go berserk (shamy breakup is breaking us down) but don't do so much to the point that they tweet the writers. Yes sure, be mad or upset a little. Don't do anything rash and regrettful that the whole fanbase gets affected by it.

But I am really happy I get the gist of what happened and that's enough for me. Thanks kazzie!!! <3 <3 <3 *skips with happiness*

• Like 2

Completely agree. Plus: Even if these jerks don't have the info until the episode airs they will still launch their attacks, only a little later. As far as I understood Mr Prady wasn't really upset because of the TRs and spoilers being available but because of people being rude. So I agree if he says that he will block these guys, again not because they had information about the taping but because of them insulting him - which they would have done either way as soon as the episode had aired.

Of course if the members who attend the tapings decide not to share any information I'm fine with it, that's absolutely their decision. Just saying that it will not solve this issue and that they are definitely not responsible for these attacks. So please guys don't feel guilty!

• Like 1

As some of you may know I usually stay out of the CHIT CHAT Arena, but I feel I must make an exception here.

A jerk by any other name will still be a jerk, a troll, etc., but if those jerks remain while the beautiful people of the world are silenced then something is wrong ! As TALLIN has said that if the information isn't found here it will be found elsewhere. So as far as I'm concerned the winners of no longer posting TR are the trolls as they find their ammo anywhere. And the losers are those great fans of TBBT ! I'm NOT trying to make anyone feel guilty about any thoughts or actions (except maybe the jerks), I'm just trying to point out that if the ignorant rule, then the intelligent suffer.

I agree.

The other issue I have is that at least when a TR is done here we know it's done well, with as much detail as possible and hopefully some insight into how a scene was played or the general tone, rather than someone posting spoilers bathed in a rant.

We can all be happy or unhappy with any particular story development, but the more knowledge we have, especially in the form of a relatively unbiased report, the easier it is to understand the parts we may not like.

Like this whole "Shenny" kiss scene--if someone goes online and simply posts "Sheldon and Penny make out!!!!!", without any kind of context, then of course some people are bound to fly off the handle.

Though we certainly don't have a monopoly on TRs or spoilers or even common sense at this site, I like to think that we can have reasonable discussion over whatever information we have and that none of us (I hope!!) would go running off to harass any of the writers, etc., over spoiler information.

At the TXF site "the Haven", back in the day it was known as a reliable place to get spoilers because the woman that owned the site at that time refused to post anything that was an unconfirmed rumor.  Anything that anyone "heard" (and this was in the days before any real social media) was run by certain trusted parties who were usually in the know and could give some kind of confirmation.  That way, The Haven was never responsible for random nonsense and people knew they could trust the information there.

I kind of feel the same way about this site and how we get spoilers.  When we have someone attend and they give us some kind of a report, even if it's not a word-for-word rundown, we know that the spoilers aren't just pulled out of thin air, but are based on what was seen.

I think we kind of experienced the difference with an episode like Scavenger Hunt.  There was no regular taping for that episode, but folks on the WB tour saw bits and pieces.  We found someone via twitter, I think, who had been there and he gave us some info, but I remember how it was kind of mixed up and the guy didn't seem to know the show or be able to tell characters apart or whatever.

Though we've had some kind folks from twitter or tumblr provide us with some info in the past, it seems to me it's never as clear and "real" as when our own folks are able to do a TR.

So, IMO, there's nothing that's going to stop the idiots out there from being idiots, but as least with our own folks, we know who we can trust.

• Like 4

Will we still have chat if someone from here attends a filming?  Any spoilers at all on here from members who attend?  I'm unclear as to what all these events mean to us who respect and enjoy this forum.

Will we still have chat if someone from here attends a filming?  Any spoilers at all on here from members who attend?  I'm unclear as to what all these events mean to us who respect and enjoy this forum.

Unless Tripper made some kind of new rule I hadn't heard about, there's no rule that says we can't discuss or post spoilers.  I mean, obviously, that's what we've been doing all along.  If spoilers were some kind of secret commodity, we wouldn't have spoiler discussion threads for S9.

• Like 1

It's entirely up the attendee. There is no rule actual implied here right now. It's just attendees being understandably cautious.

• Like 2

It's entirely up the attendee. There is no rule actual implied here right now. It's just attendees being understandably cautious.

So why is the TR thread gone now?  I still don't understand the logic.  I PMd Tripper and Tensor, but I haven't heard back yet.

So why is the TR thread gone now?  I still don't understand the logic.  I PMd Tripper and Tensor, but I haven't heard back yet.

Maybe Tripper hid it because of the issues recently.

• Like 1

Maybe Tripper hid it because of the issues recently.

But to accomplish what?  So no one can go back and look up the information about the first episode?

To punish those of us who'd like to go back and re-read Ep 1 spoilers?

I'm not sure why taking away from TR folder is supposed to solve what happened with the twitter attacks.  You said in the other thread that some of the attacks came from here--but that was without the S2 report.  So why not deal with those individuals instead of essentially punishing the rest of us?

I mean, it's not like we're not allowed to discuss spoilers, since we're all doing it, so what difference does the TR report make in keeping people from tweeting TPTB?

I'm not questioning your decision to not do a report.  I'm just questioning the logic behind hiding the TR thread.

• Like 2

Because there were users on this forum that were causing some problems... 

• Like 1

Because there were users on this forum that were causing some problems... 

So, again, it's like the whole board is being punished.  How does hiding the TR thread keep people from causing problems if they want to cause problems.  If they can get information everywhere else, what good does hiding the thread do?

So, again, it's like the whole board is being punished.  How does hiding the TR thread keep people from causing problems if they want to cause problems.  If they can get information everywhere else, what good does hiding the thread do?

Ok its been 1 week with no taping report and its been explained 900 different ways from several on why this occurred. And whether you like it or not some of us got burned. What don't you understand. Can we let this topic go and move on. Everybody got info and yes it was piecemeal but be happy for that. I know I would be!! Why not spend the energy and effort in looking at my last two days of posts (which isn't hard to do) which is basically a scatter TR instead of beating the dead horse topic. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

Ok its been 1 week with no taping report and its been explained 900 different ways from several on why this occurred. And whether you like it or not some of us got burned. What don't you understand. Can we let this topic go and move on. Everybody got info and yes it was piecemeal but be happy for that. I know I would be!! Why not spend the energy and effort in looking at my last two days of posts (which isn't hard to do) which is basically a scatter TR instead of beating the dead horse topic. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How am I beating a dead horse by trying to ask a question about the logic behind Tripper's decision?

I'm not griping about not getting a TR, specifically, nor about the decision by the individuals involved.

It's just about Tripper's decision that having a TR thread is somehow drawing the wrong kind of attention to the site.  And I also don't appreciate that he gave no explanation on the boards--as far as I could see--as to why he made that decision.

My question is why should I or anyone have to go looking at individual posts for a scattered TR when once upon a time we had a place where people could post that information.  Or if you're willing to post the information in different posts, why not post in all in one post?

The topic of this thread was asking the question about whether or not we're ever going to get any TRs.  Kazzie made the point that Bill Prady doesn't care if TRs and spoilers are posted, so why remove the TR thread?  I think I'm simply addressing the original question, which hasn't been answered logically, IMO.

Even Tripper said that his decision was essentially a knee-jerk reaction.

How am I beating a dead horse by trying to ask a question about the logic behind Tripper's decision?

I'm not griping about not getting a TR, specifically, nor about the decision by the individuals involved.

It's just about Tripper's decision that having a TR thread is somehow drawing the wrong kind of attention to the site.  And I also don't appreciate that he gave no explanation on the boards--as far as I could see--as to why he made that decision.

My question is why should I or anyone have to go looking at individual posts for a scattered TR when once upon a time we had a place where people could post that information.  Or if you're willing to post the information in different posts, why not post in all in one post?

The topic of this thread was asking the question about whether or not we're ever going to get any TRs.  Kazzie made the point that Bill Prady doesn't care if TRs and spoilers are posted, so why remove the TR thread?  I think I'm simply addressing the original question, which hasn't been answered logically, IMO.

Even Tripper said that his decision was essentially a knee-jerk reaction.

The question has been answered to you several times. Just because you don't agree with it personally doesn't mean its going to change.

At least you have information out there thanks to Kerry, Its better then nothing. And the ways its been posted is diverting attention away.

• Like 2

Ok I am done. If you don't understand thats fine. If you find it knee jerk fine. At the time when everything came in we didn't have the green light from Bill sort of speak. And I am sorry if you find looking for info too much work. I don't want a red flashing light with my name and a full report but I have provided info and if u don't like how it came in well I am sorry. Then choose not to read. And I was burned but I guess that is still not enough for you to let this issue go.... Listen I love spoilers like everyone else BUT I would also not "beat a dead horse" if the attendees have said it 900 times that not TR for x,y,z reasons. Several people went and I feel I have answered any questions asked when others haven't so can you please let this go. This is exactly indirectly what we are kinda talking about. You don't mean it but you are almost making the attendees feel guilty for not providing you a full report. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I respect the decision, but I fear it will result in constant pestering for attendees.  Many of us are quiet little lurkers  who will take what spoilers we can glean, but the spoiler locusts who are plaguing Twitter right now will move to the next field.  More pertinent than the TR thread, it might be wise to remove the "Members Who Will be Attending" thread.  That seems like a recipe for locusts in PMs.

• Like 6

Ok I am done. If you don't understand thats fine. If you find it knee jerk fine. At the time when everything came in we didn't have the green light from Bill sort of speak. And I am sorry if you find looking for info too much work. I don't want a red flashing light with my name and a full report but I have provided info and if u don't like how it came in well I am sorry. Then choose not to read. And I was burned but I guess that is still not enough for you to let this issue go.... Listen I love spoilers like everyone else BUT I would also not "beat a dead horse" if the attendees have said it 900 times that not TR for x,y,z reasons. Several people went and I feel I have answered any questions asked when others haven't so can you please let this go. This is exactly indirectly what we are kinda talking about. You don't mean it but you are almost making the attendees feel guilty for not providing you a full report. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said anything about anyone being obligated to provide a report.  I've been talking about Tripper's decision to hide the thread--without explanation, as far as I know.

People who attend tapings may feel put upon if people seem to expect TRs, but that doesn't mean that's what's going on.  And it's not what I'm talking about.

All I've been asking about is the logic being pulling the TR thread, and whatever answers people have given seem to use circular logic, as if hiding the TR thread will stop people from harassing Bill, et al.  No one has to post anything in the TR thread, and Tripper may somehow feel it draws unwanted attention to the site, but it's true I don't understand his logic.

I don't know what this "green light from Bill" is about, since I don't think anyone has ever had to wait for his permission to talk about a taping.

And it's not about me trying to look for information.  I think I know what the episode is about.  That's not even the issue.