The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Queen Louise

what does this mean??

In a perfect world, trolls would stay under their bridges, while the beautiful people go to the taping's and spread the TR's without the fear that either they, or their hard work would be pounced on and destroyed. And there would always be a magic genie to give us the answers to all our questions.

LUXURY (an inside joke from The Land Of GAMES).

The trolls DON'T stay under their bridges, the beautiful people DO get beat up, and there is no magic genie that has HAS to answer our Questions !

If you get kicked by a horse enough times you tend not to stay at that end of the horse, and all you get from kicking a dead horse is a sore foot.

Take it from an outsider looking in, for now, it is what it is, and no amount of posting is going to change anyone's mind.

• Like 6

group_hug.thumb.gif.69846bb86cadaf030aa2

I wonder if you posted this as a reminder of the importance of compassion and care towards one another, especially when under stress.  It seems to apply to this forum, these days.....I'm grateful for it, no matter why you posted.

• Like 4

I wonder if you posted this as a reminder of the importance of compassion and care towards one another, especially when under stress.  It seems to apply to this forum, these days.....I'm grateful for it, no matter why you posted.

Thanks! Exactly!

:shy:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 3

I totally understand that nobody HAS TO provide us with spoilers and Taping Reports, and I'm really grateful to those who do this.

I understand too that some don't want to spoil us because they're tired, or because they didn't really understood what was going on, or even because they know we're not going to like that because they didn't like it themselves, or whatever reasons they have.

But not to provide us with spoilers because some stupid people use them to attack the producers I can't help but feeling unfairly punished.

I am a teacher, and if Kevin does something bad in my class one day, I'm not going to punish the whole group just because of him...

The other thing I find difficult is that I read plenty of times that some of the attackers are from this forum. If you keep telling that it must mean that you have names, right? So why not ban them from the forum?

• Like 2

I don't think the people involved are trying punish us all, they are just trying to protect themselves AND this web site, and i find it very reasonable...

• Like 7

Banning won't stop the spoilers getting out, they can find other ways

For now this is how it is, though if we do get spoilers from other sources then we know it's not coming direct from this site

The mods are just trying to protect the forum 

• Like 2

I just got back to reading everything and it just makes me sad that there won't be any taping reports. But i do understand why this needs to be done, it would be terrible to have hate messages for doing something we love and Kazzie, Michy and everyone who attend the tapings i really appreciate all of you giving me my weekly dose of BBT. I have been a silent member since a long time and was super happy to have landed upon this forum with people from different parts of the world being United for the common cause of loving an amazing show. I think people should just stop making negative remarks, because we are all here for the same reason. People who go to the taping remember a lot of details and they really do work hard in putting together a report for us eager fans who cannot make it to the taping. We should keep it as a medium of entertainment than causing such negativity to people who have been part of getting us this platform where we have become one big family. I know kazzie and others,  it must be difficult for you to make this decision and i totally agree but yes i will miss the taping reports and would love to chat up about the show with you all :). Lets all keep it in mind,  we are all humans and this is for pure entertainment and no one deserves sucha behaviour! 

Its just been a really bad start to season 9. We as fans should know that there is a responsibility on us as the show is made for us and it is us who can either make it or break it! As an audience we need to play our part as well and not get too personal about it. Who knows how it would pan out in the future. Maybe we will be surprised! 

Edited by shamylovee
  • Like 1

On the plus side, Bill tweeted that he doesn't care about taping reports being posted online so this won't be a forever thing. Also, spoilers aren't banned here (yet. LOL) so there will still be fans who go to tapings and come back and report things when they can. Only difference is we'll just have to do a little more searching for spoilers instead of finding the thread pinned to the top. That's something we all can pull off for a while :shy::icon_wink:.

• Like 4

After some discussion, Tripper and I would like to clarify the policy as there seems to be some misconceptions regarding what is and isn't allowed.  

Spoilers are still allowed in all threads marked as "Spoilers".   Taping reports, or other comments about what was seen at a taping should be put in the Season 9 discussion thread.  

The only thing that has changed is that we will currently no longer gather the reports into a separate taping thread.

If someone wants to put up a post on what they saw at a taping, they are free to post one in the Season 9 discussion thread.  If someone decides they don't want to post one, they are free not to post one.  If someone wants to share what they've seen anonymously, please PM me and we can discuss it. 

Please do not bother or harass anyone through the forum or PMs with questions about a taping, unless they specifically offer to answer questions.  Anyone who receives a post or PM that makes them feel pressured or harassed after asking the person to stop should report the post using the report function.

• Like 6

How am I beating a dead horse by trying to ask a question about the logic behind Tripper's decision?

I'm not griping about not getting a TR, specifically, nor about the decision by the individuals involved.

It's just about Tripper's decision that having a TR thread is somehow drawing the wrong kind of attention to the site.  And I also don't appreciate that he gave no explanation on the boards--as far as I could see--as to why he made that decision.

My question is why should I or anyone have to go looking at individual posts for a scattered TR when once upon a time we had a place where people could post that information.  Or if you're willing to post the information in different posts, why not post in all in one post?

The topic of this thread was asking the question about whether or not we're ever going to get any TRs.  Kazzie made the point that Bill Prady doesn't care if TRs and spoilers are posted, so why remove the TR thread?  I think I'm simply addressing the original question, which hasn't been answered logically, IMO.

Even Tripper said that his decision was essentially a knee-jerk reaction.

Dear Phantagrae:

1) You are beating a dead horse because you keep going on and on and on about the reasoning for Tripper making the decision he made, and it accomplishes nothing. He did it because he considered it necessary for whatever reason, and given his position , he did it simply because HE CAN.

2) I don't know what makes you think you're entitled to an explanation. Tripper doesn't owe you (or me) anything, and at least as far as I'm concerned we are all guests in his site, so whether you appreciate or not the lack of an explanation is immaterial in the great scheme of things.

3) The reason for you, or anyone so inclined, to have to rummage through all the posts of a specific thread or several threads, is because people who attend, might not feel comfortable posting a complete taping report, but might feel more comfortable posting a quick tid-bit. What really is beyond me is your sense of entitlement. If people attend and don't want to post anything then that's their prerogative. They do it out of the goodness of their own hearts. They are under no obligation.

4) The fact that Bill Prady doesn't care about TR's and spoilers getting posted is immaterial to the discussion. If Kazzie is the one who attended a taping and she feels uncomfortable for whatever reason she can decide to post as little or as much as she wants. I would really feel more comfortable if you'd stop harassing her and be a little bit more grateful.

5) Whether Tripper's reaction was knee-jerk or not is, AGAIN, immaterial to the discussion, since it was HIS decision to make.

I think it would be best if you stopped acting as if you're entitled to something because you are NOT, and nobody owes you an explanation or anything of the sort.

Respectfully,

Carlos

• Like 5

Dear Phantagrae:

1) You are beating a dead horse because you keep going on and on and on about the reasoning for Tripper making the decision he made, and it accomplishes nothing. He did it because he considered it necessary for whatever reason, and given his position , he did it simply because HE CAN.

2) I don't know what makes you think you're entitled to an explanation. Tripper doesn't owe you (or me) anything, and at least as far as I'm concerned we are all guests in his site, so whether you appreciate or not the lack of an explanation is immaterial in the great scheme of things.

3) The reason for you, or anyone so inclined, to have to rummage through all the posts of a specific thread or several threads, is because people who attend, might not feel comfortable posting a complete taping report, but might feel more comfortable posting a quick tid-bit. What really is beyond me is your sense of entitlement. If people attend and don't want to post anything then that's their prerogative. They do it out of the goodness of their own hearts. They are under no obligation.

4) The fact that Bill Prady doesn't care about TR's and spoilers getting posted is immaterial to the discussion. If Kazzie is the one who attended a taping and she feels uncomfortable for whatever reason she can decide to post as little or as much as she wants. I would really feel more comfortable if you'd stop harassing her and be a little bit more grateful.

5) Whether Tripper's reaction was knee-jerk or not is, AGAIN, immaterial to the discussion, since it was HIS decision to make.

I think it would be best if you stopped acting as if you're entitled to something because you are NOT, and nobody owes you an explanation or anything of the sort.

Respectfully,

Carlos

I never said was entitled to anything, taping reports or otherwise.  What I said is that not having an explanation upfront made to all seem that more negative or secretive or something.

And, BTW, I hadn't commented on this nonsense since last Friday, so I'm not sure why you felt compelled to bring it up again.

An explanation like the one tensor just posted would have been nice to have had as an explanation.  I think that it would have been the proper thing to do for the sake of the board.  I'm not the only one who had asked why the TR thread had disappeared.  It would have been simpler for all of us if such a note had been posted, say in the TR thread, even with the first report removed, or even just a sticky post at the top of the S9 folder.

to have things just disappear make it seem like there was some kind of real infraction, the way posts are sometimes hidden.  But for that we always get an explanation.  That was my initial objection.

beyond that I still disagree with the logic behind that, but I'm done talking about that apart from addressing your condescending post.

• Like 2

I never said was entitled to anything, taping reports or otherwise.  What I said is that not having an explanation upfront made to all seem that more negative or secretive or something.

And, BTW, I hadn't commented on this nonsense since last Friday, so I'm not sure why you felt compelled to bring it up again.

An explanation like the one tensor just posted would have been nice to have had as an explanation.  I think that it would have been the proper thing to do for the sake of the board.  I'm not the only one who had asked why the TR thread had disappeared.  It would have been simpler for all of us if such a note had been posted, say in the TR thread, even with the first report removed, or even just a sticky post at the top of the S9 folder.

to have things just disappear make it seem like there was some kind of real infraction, the way posts are sometimes hidden.  But for that we always get an explanation.  That was my initial objection.

beyond that I still disagree with the logic behind that, but I'm done talking about that apart from addressing your condescending post.

Maybe there was no announcement because Tensor and Tripper were attempting not to draw to much attention to the existence of taping report's? If people ask, the answer can be given. But giving a general announcement is still drawing unwanted attention right now.

As I have told you time and time again. This has been to protect people. Not to punish. The last thing anyone needs is more attention drawn to it. Everyone else is ok and understanding of the situation. Why can't you be?

Things are starting to calm down. So I'm sure you'll get your taping report thread back soon.

• Like 1

Beyond that I still disagree with the logic behind that, but I'm done talking about that apart from addressing your condescending post.

My post was merely in response to your post, and I'm sorry that you took it as condescending. The fact that you are condescending with a lot of people here doesn't mean that I am as well. I addressed it to you because I was responding, in what I thought was a detailed and reasonable fashion as to why I disagreed with you. I stand behind everything I say in response to your post, and I ended signing off as "respectfully... Carlos" because I didn't want you to interpret it as an attack on you, but rather to let you know how opposed I'm to what you were saying. Just wanted to clarify things.

As I have told you time and time again. This has been to protect people. Not to punish. The last thing anyone needs is more attention drawn to it. Everyone else is ok and understanding of the situation. Why can't you be?

Because some people are incapable of getting out of their own way, and really don't seem too interested in making an effort to coexist.