The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 3.17 (March 8)

Hey you're right!. I almost forgot about how she punched Howard. He punches to Howard and Sheldon were pretty strong, with their faces swollen. That only leaves Leonard and Raj. It would be funny if the writers do make her punch every guy for the whole duration of the show.

That's the reason why Howard's question to Sheldon ("so, how does it feel to be beaten up by a girl ?") was actually funny. It could be interpreted either as oblivious arrogance or compassion.

So far Penny's only punched the jerks. I'm not seeing Penny punch Lenny or Raj unless of course the writers decide to let in some sorta slapstick humor (like the bitchslap countdown in How I met Your Mother)

Penny could punch Leonard or Raj. It's only Season 3. They're so many stories the writers can come up with for this show.Hopefully the show will be renewed for many more seasons.

That was extermely enjoyable. I personally didnt have many LOL moments but it was a half hour of pure amusement, with great ideas. The spock/Mr T thing was very clever. Leonard mentioning the mess in the bathroom was hilarious, it really put a picture in my mind. Sheldon as Gollum was brilliant. I should have seen it, really , after the Morlocks incident.

Here's one place you can get your own ring:

http://www.shopnewzealand.co.nz/en/c/Jewellery/Lord_Of_The_Rings

By the way, the Language of the inscription is indeed the "Black Speech" of Mordor (LOTR appendix F).

Another nerdy nitpick... I was surprised to hear Sheldon say he should have re-absprbed his sister in Utero. To do that he would first have had to absorb her previously.

Where is the last 11 rings Howard ?

in thees episode Howard have gone to hes "friend" for some resource about the ring, and he tells Leonard, Raj, Sheldon, that 9 rings was made for the movie. thats not right Howard :) 20 rings was made for the movie.

3 rings for the elves

7 rings to the dwarfs Lords

9 rings to the race of men

and 1 ring for Dark Lord Sauroman:icon_twisted:

I'm not a geek just happened to see the movie more then once :p in extended version 1080p:icon_eek:

Where is the last 11 rings Howard ?

in thees episode Howard have gone to hes "friend" for some resource about the ring, and he tells Leonard, Raj, Sheldon, that 9 rings was made for the movie. thats not right Howard :) 20 rings was made for the movie.

I think Howard didn't refer to the book and the rings made in LOTR, but to the movie and the rings that were made for the movie. :icon_confused:

Loved this episode.

Hello

could some lord of the rings fan tell me how good this episode was to you???

did the episode make you laugh like a crazy? Or was the episode a let down from lotr point of wiev???

i mean i love lotr, both books and movies. I've watched the extended versions ten times, with and without commentaries. So, this episode is the one i am most excited about in season three (I have not seen season 3 at all)

so, any and all lotr fan opinions about this episode would be welcome!

-I would then know wether this episode is really worth the wait!

Okkay, this was a disappointment to watch.

Of the million fun things you could do with the ring... Clearly, writers' brains were on holiday in hawaii while this episode was constructed...

me, I would have put the nerds putting together a hardcore Lotr roleplay convention at the local park. They could then have acted out scenes from the film, with their ropeplaying friends, and have The One Ring as an exciting centerpiece.

Is it me but when Leonard said that's my girl did he sound a little possive like she was his possesion or something as compared to his girlfriend

It did sound like in this episode that penny is getting tired of Leonard and his geeky-ness, the refernce to browsing on dating sites and reference to theg uys at the gym

The scene where Leonard and Sheldon are rolling around the bed fighting over the ring has to be one of the funniest moments ever and Pennys reaction was good too

This is my favorite episode! I love it!

The only thing is that I would really love to see what happened with the ring later in the series..

• Like 1

Five years later does anyone know what happened to the ring?

Leonard most likely sent it back to NZ like he said he would.  That is after they stopped fighting over it, because I doubt Penny would've put up with that for much longer.

Well, they broke up only two episodes later, so there wasn't too much longer anyway.

Inactive thread. But re Penny over Leonard's geekiness around then. Shes the anti geek. When did she ever show interest lol. Other then Bakersfield. This episode is def top 3 best bbt eps ever. Other two prob Bath Item and Adhesive Duck. Show was so fresh and unique back then. And yeah Leonard sent the ring bk to Nz eventually.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1