The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mysteryrose10

Top 10 reasons why Sheldon and Amy should break up

Found this very interesting article on why Amy and sheldon should break up I have to agree with some of the points he made I dont any chemistry between seldon and amy I never did his comment on leonard and penny have the best chemsitry is laughable the only chemistry on this show that is the most geunine is Sheldon and Penny theres a reason why tptb pair these two together its because they know they know the general audicence like Sheldon and Penny JMO.  http://whatculture.com/tv/the-big-bang-theory-10-reasons-amy-sheldon-should-break-up.php

Edited by mysteryrose10
  • Like 1

Sheldon and Penny having chemistry between them? In seasons 1 to 3, yes, but now, lol! Most boring pairing of the show ever!

• Like 3

Ok, I read this article, and I had to use kolinahr to keep my calm.  

So, Sheldon is meant to watch all his friends develop and move on in their relationships while he remains alone just because he is more interesting and comical as a single character?  This is the part that burned me the most.   

Good thing the author is not one of the TBBT writers, or Shamy is doomed!   Obviously, the author does not see the value in Shamy's unconventional partnership as their shippers do.   

And the part about Sheldon and Amy not having chemistry?   It seems we are not watching the same show.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 2

THis is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever read.  The author is only 21, which I feel explains a lot.

He wants to keep the show in a S1-3 box, or at least keep Sheldon there.  He claims that Sheldon is only funny when he can insult his friends without being corrected by Amy.  WTF?

And for him to say that Sheldon and Amy have the least chemistry of the couples on the show is ridiculous, IMO.  I think that they all have their own chemistry in their own way.

And what this guy is asserting for Amy on her own, trying to pick up men in bars, and all that is also stupid.  Much like Bernie, Amy was introducted in relation to Sheldon.  Without SHeldon, Amy would have no real reason to be part of the group.  I'm not trying to be harsh, but how would Amy interact with the group and what would be the purpose of her character?  It's not that she's just an appendage for Sheldon, but her character wasn't created just to have another girl on the show, but to be that perfect match for Sheldon.

And if she can grow, why can't he?  Why does Sheldon have to be kept in a boring box making the same kind of boring jokes and behaviors?  The days of "Bazinga" are behind us.  And for good reason.  I remember too well the days of The Jeffersons and what'shisname being required to say "Dy-no-mite!" in EVERY.SINGLE.EPISODE.

The fun is that Sheldon is growing and navigating uncharted waters and the humor comes from that.

I don't know when this guy wrote this article but he seems to be coming to all kinds of kakamamie conclusions.

Sophistry.

• Like 7

I saw that a few months ago and my opinion hasn't changed - l'm clearly watching something completely different to whatever the writer is. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

l'm clearly watching something completely different to whatever the writer is. 

More probably, watching it with a completely different mindset.   

'out grown each other'

Ones just growing faster than the other doesn't mean to say they don't want the same things

That's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. What aload of bs...

• Like 3

THis is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever read.  The author is only 21, which I feel explains a lot.

He wants to keep the show in a S1-3 box, or at least keep Sheldon there.  He claims that Sheldon is only funny when he can insult his friends without being corrected by Amy.  WTF?

And for him to say that Sheldon and Amy have the least chemistry of the couples on the show is ridiculous, IMO.  I think that they all have their own chemistry in their own way.

And what this guy is asserting for Amy on her own, trying to pick up men in bars, and all that is also stupid.  Much like Bernie, Amy was introducted in relation to Sheldon.  Without SHeldon, Amy would have no real reason to be part of the group.  I'm not trying to be harsh, but how would Amy interact with the group and what would be the purpose of her character?  It's not that she's just an appendage for Sheldon, but her character wasn't created just to have another girl on the show, but to be that perfect match for Sheldon.

And if she can grow, why can't he?  Why does Sheldon have to be kept in a boring box making the same kind of boring jokes and behaviors?  The days of "Bazinga" are behind us.  And for good reason.  I remember too well the days of The Jeffersons and what'shisname being required to say "Dy-no-mite!" in EVERY.SINGLE.EPISODE.

The fun is that Sheldon is growing and navigating uncharted waters and the humor comes from that.

I don't know when this guy wrote this article but he seems to be coming to all kinds of kakamamie conclusions.

Sophistry.

Not to be picky, but; That was J.J. Walker on "Good Times" that said 'Dy-no-mite'!

Amy and Stuart need to be the next couple who get it on. Leave Sheldon to his asexual self. he can be the child that everyone looks after.

Raj and Emily chemistry can't be overlooked this season. He is dark on the outside while she is dark on the inside. I like the way the writer are presenting Emily's dark side. I loved how she nailed Raj about NOT LOOKING IN THE CLOSET. "Are you sure you didn't look in the Closet." with a Shit Eating Grin on her face. 

After playing "Cinnemon or Emily"…

:shy:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2

On 15.9.2015 at 3:56 PM, Fruit Loop said:

Raj and Emily chemistry can't be overlooked this season. He is dark on the outside while she is dark on the inside. I like the way the writer are presenting Emily's dark side. I loved how she nailed Raj about NOT LOOKING IN THE CLOSET. "Are you sure you didn't look in the Closet." with a Shit Eating Grin on her face. 

I agree on the second part.   :shy:

Edited by veejay

Not to be picky, but; That was J.J. Walker on "Good Times" that said 'Dy-no-mite'!

You're right--I always get those two shows mixed up.

The nature of the article was obviously to generate controversy and hits on the website and that has well and truly been achieved. Well done to the writer. He knows how to get people riled and talking about what he has written.

This might be heresy, but I have never been big on the Shamy. A lot of the article's points have merit. 

And I would love to see Sheldon and/or Amy try to meet someone else of the opposite sex. That would be so funny!

Amy and Stuart need to be the next couple who get it on. Leave Sheldon to his asexual self. he can be the child that everyone looks after.

What??? What does his skin color have to do with anything?

Don't worry. It was a quote from S8/Ep24:

Raj: Look, I care about you a lot, but we are very different people.
Emily: Are you breaking up with me?
Raj: No, no, I'm just pointing out that you're dark on the inside and I'm dark on the outside.

• Like 1

This might be heresy, but I have never been big on the Shamy. A lot of the article's points have merit.

And I would love to see Sheldon and/or Amy try to meet someone else of the opposite sex. That would be so funny!

That article is full of misunderstanding of who the characters are and how they relate to each other.  Amy's sole purpose for being introduced to the gang was as a love interest for Sheldon, approaching it in their own quirky way.  There's no one else for him and will be no one else for her.

The Shamy is one of the best relationships on TV.

Don't worry. It was a quote from S8/Ep24:

Raj: Look, I care about you a lot, but we are very different people.
Emily: Are you breaking up with me?
Raj: No, no, I'm just pointing out that you're dark on the inside and I'm dark on the outside.

Oh! Thanks for letting me know, lol.

And what this guy is asserting for Amy on her own, trying to pick up men in bars, and all that is also stupid.

Agreed 100%. There's no way Amy would be picking up men in bars.

Apart from anything else, picking up random men in bars, is generally related to one night stands, and there's no way Amy would be into meaningless sex with strangers.

• Like 1

Don't get up tight. The fact are, as a Amerasian I am brown on the outside also.