The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

The SHAMY Engagement-Coitus-Marriage-Living Together Order Of Occurance Game!

So, just for fun, whoever wants to participate can post what they think will happen first, second and last of these four:

1. Engagement FAIL

2. Living Together

3. Coitus FAIL

4. Marriage

Feel free to post your reasons why or feel free NOT to post your reasons why :wink::cool:. In a year or two or three, after they've all happened, we check back and see how many of us were right!

The above is my actual answer. I can imagine Sheldon being focused on getting engaged to his beloved Amy but as far as the coitus, I'm not convinced he'd wait until marriage because of his religion. He's never been as religious as his mother and remember that one time he caught her having sex with a man from her church and he talked to her about it and made the comment, "this changes things." In my opinion, what changed in that moment was that he's not going to necessarily follow what his mom would want him to do as a Christian because obviously, it does not apply to her.

Living together after marriage is also a big deal in the Christian religion but again, I don't think Sheldon cares either way. I would guess that Shamy would have sex after living together because it kinda seems like it would happen naturally that way. They move in together, get to know each other more in their home life, grow closer physically and BAM! Coitus. LOL!

That is all! Have fun.

If you want, come back and edit your post when ever one of these events occurs and type  WIN or FAIL next to it. If you get at least THREE WINS, you win the game! Should be interesting to see how long we wait to find out. LOL.

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 2

Engagment-Coitus-Living Together-Marriage Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same Kerrycec, your mind and my mind are walking together!!!!

Engagment, coitus, living together (close to marriage) and marriage for their sixth aniversary.

• Like 3

i want Coitus-Engagement-Marriage (because I don't want Amy to agree to marry him still unsure if they're ever gonna have sex), but i think it will be 

Engagement
Living together
Coitus
Marriage

• Like 3

Engagment -> Living Together -> Marriage -> Coitus :wink:  

Edited by Amy Fowler
Changed my mind :)
  • Like 2

Even If Sheldon's Mom did fall short (and who hasn't/doesn't) I still believe his upbringing (even if he doesn't believe it himself) will only allow this order:

Engagement,

Marriage,

Living Together,

Coitus.

I CAN possibly see in the Engagement Agreement that they MIGHT Live Together under the condition that there would be NO WAY of Coitus until the night of the Marriage. If Any Knew "it" was going to happen at that point, she would agree .

• Like 3

Okay I'll play.

1) Engagement <-> Coitus

Could go either way, IMHO. Depends a lot on how they handle the reconciliation and how they go from there. I never saw Sheldon to be the type who has religious hang-ups about sex before marriage but rather that it's a question of overcoming with his own discomfort regarding physical intimacy and finding just the right moment. And if him wanting more and calling their make-out "foreplay" in 8x24 is anything to go by he's not too far away from that point. I can easily see coitus happening after a bunch of more sleepovers with increased ratings each time. lol

The engagement probably has a bit of an edge in this race cause he already has the ring and the writers could make it happen at any moment. It could also be a bit more reassuring for him -especially after the relationship trouble- in getting over whatever nervousness he has left regarding coitus.

At least one of these will be done by/in ep 200.

2) Living Together

Unless they rush the wedding somehow I don't see a reason why they shouldn't move in together once they're engaged.

3) Marriage

I don't see them shoving 2 weddings into one season so my guess would be they save this as the highlight of S10, hence why it ends up last on my list.

There you go, that's my 2 cents.

Edited by April
  • Like 3

The same order as Chiany:

Living together, now that the place is empty, and as a sign he really wants her in his life ( and not only as a chauffeur of course )

Then engagement, once he's sure she's not going to snap again, because getting engaged just after the reconciliation would feel really really weird. I want some time to spend before he proposes.

Then marriage, because I don't think Sheldon is the one for a long engagement period.

To finish, coitus, mainly because I hate how it is considered as the main goal for them, so yes, first coitus on their wedding night because the wedding is far more important than coitus IMO.

Edited by Cherry
  • Like 3

Living together - I guess now that apartment is empty and writers wants to drag coitus it will be first. Plus I like the thought of Shamy sleeping separated and then finding some silly excuse to sleep in one bed, slowly building their way to :

Coitus - definitely before marriage. They're both atheistic. Putting two such a rating wise interesting plots in one doesn't make much sense. Then I'd like to have all of their biggest problems solved and enter the marriage with light head. Sex is definitely one of the biggest so I want them to have this solved. Plus I don't really like thought of Shamy facing so much of pressure on their wedding night,so that's big no no for me. 

Engagement -It really could be before coitus for me too, I don't really mind either way, I put it here because I more expect that this one will be different than Lenny's and Howardette's, that engagement will last very shortly. But not really sure about this one.  

Marriage

• Like 2

I'll go with:

Coitus (the 200th episode could be the right one...)

Engagement (very late in this season, maybe in the finale, or in early season 10, I think the "ring" will be the elephant in the room for a long time)

Marriage-living together  (in Season 10, for me they will  keep the big three together alone as long as they can), after a much shorter engagement than Lenny's or Howardettes's one.

• Like 3

So many ways it could go! 

Since he has the ring, I am going to guess that he proposes soon after they reconcile. So, engagement first. 

Then I could see them living together. Much fun as Amy keeps hoping but they never do it. 

Marriage. 

Sex on the wedding night. Not because Sheldon is religious about it (we all know he's not), but because Sheldon has always avoided it. 

I hadn't seen this order yet, Engagement, Living together, Marriage, and Sex. But it seems very possible.

• Like 1

I hope they don't have sex until after they're married becaue they'd be the only couple to do it in that order.  I'm also really glad they declared their love before they had sex.

One of the issues I have, being both old-fashioned and religious, is that it seems to be the accepted norm for people to have sex even if they don't love each other, or aren't sure how they feel.

Leslie Winkle, Penny, Dr. Plimpton, Dr. Stephanie, Priya, and even that Alice girl wanted it--with Leonard.

Bernie and any number of random women and prostitutes with Howard.

Emily with Raj.

Both Bernie and Penny with other guys before Howard and Leonard respectively.

Penny has expressed disbelief that anyone would date anyone without having sex more or less right away--when she overheard Bernie and Howard say they hadn't even had sex yet (and Bernie expecting it after 3 dates, even if she didn't know where the relationship was going), and in any number of discussions with Sheldon and Amy.  "You've been dating for years and haven't even had sex"--as if that was the measure to be used.

For all of that, I hope that they get engaged (this season), get married (next season), and then have sex (as they move in together.)

• Like 5

First they'll have sex, then they are getting back together and engaged immediately. But they are old fashioned with the living-together-thing, so the marriage comes first.

• Like 1

First they'll have sex, then they are getting back together and engaged immediately. But they are old fashioned with the living-together-thing, so the marriage comes first.

They're old-fashioned about living together before marriage, but not old-fashioned about sex before marriage or even engagement?

There's no point in waiting for marriage to live together if they have sex before they get married.  That doesn't make sense.