The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

903 - The Bachelor Party Corrosion (October 5)

I thought it was a pretty good episode overall... Although let's be serious has a lug nut ever been so tight that the stop sign wouldn't have worked?

As a total aside (as someone who also is not good with cars) is the problem that he took the others off first? He should have loosened them all slightly and only then started taking them off?

I think Howard was the problem, though....

misc_057.thumb.gif.67c7b8d9d0290245cb003

:icon_twisted:

• Like 6

I thought it was a pretty good episode overall... Although let's be serious has a lug nut ever been so tight that the stop sign wouldn't have worked?

As a total aside (as someone who also is not good with cars) is the problem that he took the others off first? He should have loosened them all slightly and only then started taking them off?

You are right. A lever that long would have either taken it off or broken the bolt if it was rusted on that hard even without Howard hanging on it.. It's just some typical sitcom exaggeration.

Edited by djsurrey

As I mentioned before, I loved the episode. As someone mentioned the fact that there were only two stories was better, because both could breathe. I hope they would do an A plot, a B plot, and if they want to put something else not have a C plot because then all the stories seem rushed, but have 1/4 plot for C, and then in the next episode C becomes the A plot and so on. I guess all that I'm trying to say is I love it when stories are allowed to breathe.

• Like 4

For petes sake yall, this was a stupendous episode!! FINALLY!! An awesome episode of TBBT! They went back to their roots on this one, totally classic episode, lots of science and NO relationship crap! BEST episode they've had in a LONG LONG time, hilarious!! Don't nitpit about the pig, LOL,. 

Pigs that are well cared for live an average lifespan of 15 to 20 years -- compared to wild pigs, which are estimated to live only 4 to 8 years. - http://animals.mom.me/average-long-pigs-live-6144.html

• Like 2

Loved it.  Very old school, light hearted.

Didn't miss the relationship drama at all.  I get there will be some relationship drama here and there.  IMO, I prefer it doesn't overwhelm the season. 

I agree with others that have said it was nice only having 2 plots.  It didn't feel rushed.  Hope to see more epis. like this during the remainder of the season.

• Like 5

Why was Penny's Hair so Greasy and her Make up so Bland??  Are they down playing her sexuality????

Back to 9.01 Her wedding dress was horrible IMHO.  

great laughs, how to get a lug-nut off the tires

when will simon get a award.

love the wyatt was in. happy penny married leonard.

had some talk about living together.

not so much angst.  gave it a vg+ 

• Like 3

I loved it!

I had to wait until last night to watch it because I got into Phoenix at the wrong time, but fortunately my sister had DVR'd it.  I knew it was going to be funny from the tr, but it was, of course, even funnier.  My unspoiled sister was laughing quite a bit.

I really didn't have any quibbles about how many pigs Penny might have had or how upset she should or should not have been, or even about Amy and the sin closet.  One thing I wondered about was from the promo pictures that I guess got changed, and that was a picture of Sheldon standing on the tire iron, but I guess they changed that for Howard and the stop sign.

I did like the old school tone of the episode, but not because I think they needed any kind of "break from the relationship angst" or anything.  To me it was simply the right time to focus on something else, not that the angsty stuff is somehow too heavy--it really hasn't been inappropriate at all--but just in terms of storytelling rhythms.

I thought it was a lot of fun. :)

• Like 5

of course leonard's bachelor party is gonna end before it starts.... why give leonard any spotlight at all....... his marriage was awful ....now his bachelor party is not existant ....lol

if it were howard's or sheldon's , I guess the focus would have been on them.......but surely not leonard....

what a waste of penny's dad's appearance......

of course penny criticizes leonard behavior with Sheldon........yet I believe she will the be the one siding with or feeling sorry for sheldon when the next opportunity arises.... ignorning what leonard wants.....

and yes leonard is so wimpy.....that he cannot even tell sheldon he wants to move out because he is married ...........how more pathetic can you get leonard....

Edited by vasu

of course leonard's bachelor party is gonna end before it starts.... why give leonard any spotlight at all....... his marriage was awful ....now his bachelor party is not existant ....lol

if it were howard's or sheldon's , I guess the focus would have been on them.......but surely not leonard....

of course penny criticizes leonard behavior with Sheldon........yet I believe she will the be the one siding with or feeling sorry for sheldon when the next opportunity arises.... ignorning what leonard wants.....

and yes leonard is so wimpy.....that he cannot even tell sheldon he wants to move out because he is married ...........how more pathetic can you get leonard....

Vasu, wedding awful, not marriage.

I'm not saying it was awful for me, but I'll agree with you that I seemed to enjoy the first two episodes much more.

I'm changing my mind on this one. I watched the episode again, and enjoyed it much more the second time.

It makes a great difference the frame of mind you're in when watching a show. I was kind of in a bad mood, and there were some distractions in my home when the episode aired.

Something to think about, when going through life.

edit: two separate posts were joined together. 

Edited by RudyG
  • Like 4

-of course leonard's bachelor party is gonna end before it starts.... why give leonard any spotlight at all....... his marriage was awful ....now his bachelor party is not existant ....lol

-of course penny criticizes leonard behavior with Sheldon........yet I believe she will the be the one siding with or feeling sorry for sheldon when the next opportunity arises.... ignorning what leonard wants.....

-marriage was?  Its still going on.  Leonard is not the only one that has had something cut short. Howard had his wedding night cut short with his wife and no one paid attention to him.  The girls had their season 6 Vegas trip cut off.  Why did Leonard need exclusive focus for this episode?

-being considerate TO A FAULT, does not make someone pathetic.  As usual your reaching with your interpretation.

• Like 3

I show up......... Say a few things........ Like it all sucked........ Water is wet........something something dark side....all style no substance....is my modus operandi...... Can I type complete sentences......... No one knows ....... Leonard is bad....... And away l go

You could have tried to make it rhyme-----if you had the time----like tequila and lime

Oohh the Lenny kiss :cool:

• Like 5

You could have tried to make it rhyme-----if you had the time----like tequila and lime

Oohh the Lenny kiss :cool:

An actual modified haiku, it's getting classy in here :shy:

BBT-the-big-bang-theory-32254007-500-250.gif

Edited by JE7
Sleep need I yes, working brain is not
  • Like 1

I've had a lugnut so tight it caused the spanner to break. The solution turned out to be not to push or pull it, but to kick it down.  So even Howard just hanging on the Stop sign wouldnt be enough

I've had a lugnut so tight it caused the spanner to break. The solution turned out to be not to push or pull it, but to kick it down.  So even Howard just hanging on the Stop sign wouldnt be enough

In my 54 years I have broken a tire iron only once and that was at -20 C. (-4 F).

One uses choice words in a parka at -20c after jacking the car up and the $%#[email protected] tire iron splits open rather than turning the nut.

In my 54 years I have broken a tire iron only once and that was at -20 C. (-4 F).

One uses choice words in a parka at -20c after jacking the car up and the $%#[email protected] tire iron splits open rather than turning the nut.

thats why you should allways buy aa good four way for each vehicle

thats why you should allways buy aa good four way for each vehicle

Bent a 4-way lug wrench once, cursed the mechanic who tighten them nigh unto the 8th generation-- ancestors and descendants both.

I'm trying to lend you this......

l_06.thumb.gif.1b9df76196f05f61b786e1ce8

Greets  VJ   :shy:

I found the second episode funnier...Maybe that's just me. 

This one felt like classic BBT, I liked the guys part in the desert, especially using different scientific principles to try to get that lug nut off.  I remember doing some labs in university with some of those principles...with about as much success as the guys...   

The girls night was so so.  The penis cookies were hilarious, and it was nice to see Amy smiling again.  I kind of wish they had gone a slightly different route.  Like Amy loving her ears pierced, but then goes way over the top, and gets her entire ear pierced all the way up (much like Mayim has in real life).  I think that could have been funny.  Or Amy makeover gone horribly wrong.  Or maybe the girls drink and decide to dress up like each other (Amy as Penny, Penny as Bernie, and Bernie as Amy...something like that).  I find stuff like that funny.  The pig gag was ok.  I didn't like Penny telling Amy's psycho mother about the breakup, the cookies and her ear piercing.  That was just mean.

Oh I wanted to add: I agree this episode doesn't have to be angsty or deal with the breakup, but I wish they showed a least a glimpse that Shamy missed each other.

Edited by nibbler747
  • Like 3

I was shocked as hell when it  happened to me. Damn thing sparked when it broke. Normal temperature though

-marriage was?  Its still going on.  Leonard is not the only one that has had something cut short. Howard had his wedding night cut short with his wife and no one paid attention to him.  The girls had their season 6 Vegas trip cut off.  Why did Leonard need exclusive focus for this episode?

-being considerate TO A FAULT, does not make someone pathetic.  As usual your reaching with your interpretation.

lol...because it was his bachelor party(anyway after seeing the wedding he got...I guess it makes more sense...the less the focus ...the better)     ..... anyway lets see how sheldon's bachelor party and wedding will go ....u will have a fair idea

-lol...because it was his bachelor party

-(anyway after seeing the wedding he got...I guess it makes more sense...the less the focus ...the better)     .....

-anyway lets see  how sheldons bachelor party and wedding goes.

-thats not a reason why he NEEDED it.  Leonard's character doesn't live or die depending on how his bachelor party went.

-so because his wedding wasnt ideal it was bad? :icon_rolleyes:

-your assuming he's going to get either of those.