902 The Separation Oscillation (September 28)

Tripper

What did you think of "The Separation Oscillation"?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would it be nominated as a drama.

Just because there are a few episodes where the characters are going through something serious doesn't mean it's a drama.  IMO, it's been funny all a long.

Was it a drama last season when Howard's mother died?  They're just writing stories about life, whether it's a matter of ups and downs of relationships or career developments.

It was just a joke! Someone had written that the show had turned into a Drama (or something along those lines) that's why I made the joke. But I do notice a difference between earlier seasons and the current season.

Edited by Selena
Grammar

It was just a joke! Someone had written that the show had turned into a Drama (or something along those lines) that's why I made the joke. But I do notice a difference between earlier seasons and the current season.

Sorry for not getting the sarcasm, but as you said, there have been so many people saying that the show was turning into a drama or a soap opera, just because it has a serious or semi-serious story going on, that I guess I assumed you were one of those. :)

The way the characters react to the "drama" in the show has comedy written all over it most of the time. Some people :fie:.

"difference between earlier seasons and the current season"

Well yah. Penny and Leonard are married. :biggrin: Makes even me smile.

Saw 9:02 the next day and had read about the JP headshake after the right hand line, figured it was like a twitch. Given that it involved an upwards of 2 second pause and reaction shot, I figure TPTB were fully on board and used it to both accentuate and distance from the humor of the line, whether it originated in JP's thoughts on the whole thing or not. I think it was a good way to make it funnier by highlighting how the line is and is not true in this context. Does the reaction also mean Sheldon knows it's potential innuendo? I suspect so - one of his reactions to the break-up is more sexual references. Anyway, I found the line wonderfully silly myself and not cringe-worthy as played out. My partner who was not expecting it had his one laugh of the evening and it was a big one.

Finally got around to watching this episode (I was away when the first two aired).

Overall, not my favourite ep, but as a Lenny fan first, I was happy in the end :)

I was actually impressed with Howard this episode. I generally fall into the "I find him creepy" camp. But there were some really sweet Howard moments in this one, and he really seemed to be the more mature one out of the 4 guys for once. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I enjoyed Sheldon kissing Penny and her first being passive then getting into it. Obvs much  much hotter than any kiss Sheldon's been in before, and I don't remember a hotter one on the show. And they were doing it just to show Leonard, so it wasn't part of another damn romance. Didn't have to be just a dream for me.

Berenadette was rather rotten not to have either told Penny or (better) combined with Howard to persuade Leonard to tell her sooner.

Raj has nothing to whine about in not being told about The Kiss, but H could have tipped him off that Mandy Chao was a goer, when R was single.

It was a bit noticeable that in FWF S didn't choose the obvious unsuccessful breakaway country. He could have said something like "This is tha battle flag of a country that tried to break up with the country it rightly belonged with. Boy, were they taught a lesson". Obvs. the writers are not going to touch the live rail of flags, but it's a bit OOC for Sheldon to have enough sense to avoid it.

I'd like Sheldon to recover what he described as "the happiness I find with myself" at Bernadette and Howard's wedding, but that doesn't look like happenning.

Amy will issue another restraining order against him I loved the Shamy scenes too

Her can put it alongside the ones from Leonard Nimoy, Stan Lee and Bill Nye.

I've just watched this, on 4OD, and it was pretty good.

Laughed at "my right hand", "Invading Southern borders", "I'm going to kill him", "how dare you compare my genitalia to parts of Czechoslovakia?", and my favorite, "rubbing Amy's nose in Penny's bra".

:rofl:

• 3 months later...
On 31/10/2015 at 0:37 AM, Tensor said:

The Lime Kiss.  

Just watched that episode again, and actually I don't think even Penny is that hot while sloppy-drunk and wearing a baseball cap back to front. The first time I thought Leonard's saying they wanted to have sex with their respective parents and getting thrown out of Penny's bed was just Leonard screwing up again, but maybe the writers considered that if they first had sex with Penny upset and drunk it would be a slightly squalid start to their relationship. We can see Leonard's character growth when in S7 he turns down Penny's proposal because she's drunk and unhappy.

34 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Just watched that episode again, and actually I don't think even Penny is that hot while sloppy-drunk and wearing a baseball cap back to front. The first time I thought Leonard's saying they wanted to have sex with their respective parents and getting thrown out of Penny's bed was just Leonard screwing up again, but maybe the writers considered that if they first had sex with Penny upset and drunk it would be a slightly squalid start to their relationship. We can see Leonard's character growth when in S7 he turns down Penny's proposal because she's drunk and unhappy.

Leonard was sloppy drunk also, so her appearance to a sober you may be different than her appearance to a sober me or a sloppy drunk Leonard.  

Does this include his character growth going from stopping the kiss in the sixth episode, to taking her to bed, when she is drunk, in the last episode in the third season?

• 2 weeks later...

When Sheldon returns Amy's things, she says she wore the scarf when she went ice skating, and Sheldon googled the symptoms of hypothermia.

However, little more than half a season earlier, in The Space Probe Disintegration, Amy states she can’t go ice-skating, because she has unnaturally brittle ankles.

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

When Sheldon returns Amy's things, she says she wore the scarf when she went ice skating, and Sheldon googled the symptoms of hypothermia.

However, little more than half a season earlier, in The Space Probe Disintegration, Amy states she can’t go ice-skating, because she has unnaturally brittle ankles.

They don't read their old scripts or watch their own show we're gonna have to just get over it or stop watching methinks :icon_neutral:

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2015 at 7:37 PM, Tensor said:

The Lime Kiss.  

Also the sulfer peroxide kissing from LP in season 5.  The SP kiss felt artificial because I could never see those two characters acting in that manner EVER, which was probably the point.  Also Sheldon forcing his face on penny's is not what I would consider hot.

On 2/21/2016 at 1:42 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

Maybe Amy didn't figure that out until she went ice skating?

Edited by meka3000