The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kathy2611

What Do You Do for a Living?

I work in education. In the province in which I live, homeschool families must register their kids/students with a school board and the board sends a  "homeschool facilitator" (me) to visit each family twice per year. (All homeschool facilitators have a B.Ed. and, at my board, all are experienced homeschool parents as well). I have 80 students this year and am just starting my fall visits.

I see what the kids are learning, what activities they are in, make suggestions re: curriculum and write an official report (that goes in their permanent student file) for each visit. I LOVE my job because I meet all kinds of interesting kids and families. This year, one of my families is travelling with kids and dog all over North America in an RV (what an awesome way to learn history/geography!); another of my students, a legally blind teen, has raised money and travels to less-well-off countries to train other visually-impaired kids on how to use iPads and other technology--he's gotten support from Brett Wilson of Dragons Den, been invited as a guest speaker at events ranging from golf charities to Tedx; another of my students runs her own ETSY shop altering/customizing vintage clothing (she's just turned 15); and there's the usual gamut of geeky kids, artsy kids, athletic kids, kids working in the trades, etc. I feel like I learn as much from visiting my families as they do from me. I find my job very inspiring (just wish it paid a bit better and had benefits and such like regular teacher jobs). :)

Wow!  That sounds so interesting!  It would be amazing to meet such interesting driven people on a daily basis.  This sounds like Alberta?  Am I right? = )

I’m a sound engineer and currently a digital media designer (as a freelancer). :shy:

• Like 8

wow....everyone has seriously amazing jobs, I'm very envious!. 

I'm an actress :laugh: ....mainly TV, lots of bit roles in UK sitcoms. Aside from that I work at a supermarket. Casual :laugh: 

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 8

I work as a big bang theory viewer :D 

looking for a job, but currently a university lecturer

(you guys have amazing jobs! so good to know anyone can be a film-addict :)))) )

• Like 2

What an amazing variety of professions! It really goes to show you how a television show can bring together a diverse group of people.

I myself am a theater technician, primarily specialized in lighting.  And when I need to pay the bills, I can do clerical work, too.

• Like 2

I work as a store manager at the assembly hall at Kaller gas springs in the little town of Tranås, Sweden.

The gas springs we make are mostly used in the car industry, when the body of the car is been made.

I am almost certain that the car you guys or girls drive have been made by our gas springs, because we ship to car factories all over the world.

Part of my job is to make sure that the goods are stored at the right place,and that the physical stock is the same as in the computer. I´m also in charge of the goods arriving department where goods arrive from our sub contractors.

It´s a very challenging  and demanding work and it can be long working days but I don´t want to do anything else.

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 3

Still at same company but moved to different department as lovely boyfriend is in same department and the company doesn't allow couples to work in the same team

Something to do with distractions 

:dwarf:

• Like 3

I'm an office manager and executive to the Leadership team of a French segment for Mars Inc.

• Like 1

I'm a full time student studying Business and Economics in Croydon and I'm a part time labourer in construction, for various different agencies working around London and the South East, mostly London, in fact, 1 job was in the South East, but I covered it; fun fact about that one actually, they were hard pressed finding labourers local so paid me more for coming in from London to do it... But my day job as I call it (because I'm a student at a night school receiving student loan and student grant).. my day job, when I have time to do that is pretty cool.

It has given me access to some of London's most iconic sites;

My favourite agency has sent me to a bunch of sites in and around London working in The Shard, The Gherkin last year, all night at the Science Museum in London (was fun) for 3/4 nights last August and all night at Sky Sports Studios, was cool, and has allowed for many many cool Instagram snapshots..

Before I was a student I was working my day job and had a night job of promoting nightclubs and venues in Soho. That job was more fun than anything else.

Edited by ShelledInCoopedUp
  • Like 1