[Spoilers] Season 9 Finale. What's your prediction?

Kathy2611

The writer's don't have to have a reason to ruin everything. It is their show if they wanted to implode it, "just to explore the characters and their motivations..." They will. They've enjoyed this pointless messing with Shamy this year, it's not unthinkable they'll muck up Lenny next year for LOLs.

That its pountless is your opinion I think the development of the Sheldon charecter is the point you just don't like the change or how they are doing it 

Edited by JE7

I don't need to see Penny pregnant just yet (even though I think Penny + pregnancy hormones could be hysterical), but I'd love it if they had a conversation about having kids in general. 

As for predictions: I think Shamy will get back together in the finale, if not sooner.

• Like 2

I don't need to see Penny pregnant just yet (even though I think Penny + pregnancy hormones could be hysterical), but I'd love it if they had a conversation about having kids in general. 

As for predictions: I think Shamy will get back together in the finale, if not sooner.

That could come in the later half of S9, if S10 is the last. It could even come when maybe Bernadette and Howard decide about kids and since Bernadette and Amy tell Penny every aspect of their lives...

Edited by son-goku5
  • Like 1

As someone suggested earlier it's harder to mess with Lenny now. I think their last major one was the Leonard kiss with Mandy was probably it. They already had pointless messing with Lenny. They can have pointless messing with Shamy. The reason people don't like it is it depends who's your favorite couple. It seems they have had years of messing with Lenny. shamy's now Up. that's why especially with Emily(Laura Spencer) a regular now I think Raj and Emily's relationship will advance past Shamy by the season's finale..

• Like 4

There only needs to be one episode of build up and poof... Lenny is right where Shamy is.

There was no build up to either the Shamy break up or Sheldon having a ring, but poof, suddenly your ship is sunk to the gleefully chuckling of Molaro "it really opens our story possibilities... We don't know exactly where we are going with this yet, but what a ride!"

I am not saying it will happen, but don't act like Chiany is crazy.

• Like 1

As someone suggested earlier it's harder to mess with Lenny now. I think their last major one was the Leonard kiss with Mandy was probably it. They already had pointless messing with Lenny. They can have pointless messing with Shamy. The reason people don't like it is it depends who's your favorite couple. It seems they have had years of messing with Lenny. shamy's now Up. that's why especially with Emily(Laura Spencer) a regular now I think Raj and Emily's relationship will advance past Shamy by the season's finale..

A glacier can past the Shamy relationship in terms of speed ^^ That's why I don't think their troubles are pointless, it's to force Sheldon to finally bring on some needed change.

If you had a partner who thinks it's more important to decide about a new TV show on your fifth anniversary than to concentrate on you, wouldn't you be pissed off? Amy stated several times that she finds Sheldon's idiosynchrosies endearing but I think at some point even she had to say enough is enough.

• Like 3

There only needs to be one episode of build up and poof... Lenny is right where Shamy is.

There was no build up to either the Shamy break up or Sheldon having a ring, but poof, suddenly your ship is sunk to the gleefully chuckling of Molaro "it really opens our story possibilities... We don't know exactly where we are going with this yet, but what a ride!"

the poof would be a divorce for Lenny.  Ain't happening on a comedy show. There was a build up for a Shamy break up. There were many episodes of Sheldon treating Amy like crap. I thought Chiany was done with the show. I think that's why people may think he is crazy.

After all these years i can see them putting Raj in a steady relationship and advancing it quickly just so he's not the only single one left at the end

Agreed.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 4

but you had no problem with literally years of messing with Lenny, all this wearing of sack cloth and ashes is because y'all are upset that Shamy is being treated like all the other couples. They are no more special or immune from problems than any other charectors on the show every other ship has dealt with this over the years and it is just Shamys turn I am only surprised it took this long

Because they've plotted his arc out thoughtfully? That's hilarious. 

tthey don't plot anything out thoughtfully never have so that's a moot point

• Like 4

My thoughts:

If Season 10 is the last: Penny gets pregnant this season finale and gives birth in the series finale.

I'll second that!

And in Season 10 there could be an episode with parents-to-be Penny and Leonard visiting prenatal classes.

• Like 3

I'll second that!

And in Season 10 there could be an episode with parents-to-be Penny and Leonard visiting prenatal classes.

season 11 is a lock, the show is extremely profitable and the option will be used

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1

I'll second that!

that would be interesting. I dont think the show will ever do this with lenny or howardette, but it would be interesting to see either couple as parents 

i hope you're right about the lenny part (for anything serious at least). Lenny has come so far, to destroy them now would be a giant middle finger to the fans. I dont like the messing with shamy more than the next person, but if any couple of the main 3 had to endure it, it makes sense that it is them, bc they are the least stable couple of the three and have the most issues to work out.

• Like 1

Lenny file for divorce, while someone finds a positive pregnancy test.

This ofcourse assuming s10 will be the final season.

This from a person that was going to stop watching because of the shamy breakup and lack of screen time for them then you decided to ship shenny so now your like most shenny shippers were lenny has to breakup for your new ship to work Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Here's the reason you won't see Lenny filing for divorce at the end of this season, money.   There are cries about Amy being tied to Sheldon and not having much to do without him.  Well, what would they do with Penny?  Drop Kaley to near nothing for screen time, while paying her a million an episode?  Ain't gonna happen.  Prior to this, they could get away with slices of her  job, as they had her interact with the guys.  But, if they are divorcing, that won't happen (maybe with Howardette or Remily), but then, do they leave Leonard out, or possibly just put him into all the Shamy scenes?    Or how about this, where does she go?  They kept her around after the breakup, by keeping her friends with Leonard.  That wouldn't be feasible, if they are getting divorced, one of them would have to move, marginalizing that character.   So, maybe they get rid of Leonard?  Either way, they are not going to drop their time while continuing to pay them a million an episode, there are contracts they have to consider.    

• Like 1

season 11 is a lock, the show is extremely profitable and the option will be used

Are they in talks about this now, do you think?  WHen do you think a public statement might be made?  I just think that for these actors, a lock on season eleven would have to occur sooner rather than later because of all the alternative commitments that are possible....

Not sure why one would want Lenny to get a divorce, just because Shamy your chosen ship is not going too well, too me that is Petty. Their is no signs Lenny well get divorced in the s9 finalie. More signs they well stay married, then won't. Like Tensor said money is the reason why it is unlikely. Johnny and Kaley get paid a million an episode, based on the stipulations in their contracts. It does not make any logistical sense for Lenny to get divorced, they are the two main characters, and being marginalized does not make much profitable sense. I also don't get why Amy is getting crap for dating, and we are susposed to feel sorry for Sheldon lol, please. For what treating Amy like crap for years? Oh yeah poor guy. I am not sure Shamy well reconcile in the finalie, I am not sure I want them too, but well see.

• Like 2

Are they in talks about this now, do you think?  WHen do you think a public statement might be made?  I just think that for these actors, a lock on season eleven would have to occur sooner rather than later because of all the alternative commitments that are possible....

The main 5 are already signed on to season 10 AND season 11 if the studios think it will be worth the money to go that far.

Now for Mayim & Melissa, I think they would have to sign new contracts for season 11.  And then beyond that, all of them would need to sign new contracts

• Like 1

I guess they could announce it at the upfronts next May.  But, I really don't see them announcing anything until next winter (Jan-Mar, 2017).  That would still be plenty of time for everyone to accept or find things to do, if it decided season ten is the end.  Previous announcements of renewals were done in February of 2008(for it's second season), March of 2009(for it's third and fourth seasons),  January 2011( for it's 5th, 6th, and 7th seasons) and March 20114( for it's 8th, 9th, and 10th seasons).

The main 5 are already signed on to season 10 AND season 11 if the studios think it will be worth the money to go that far.

Now for Mayim & Melissa, I think they would have to sign new contracts for season 11.  And then beyond that, all of them would need to sign new contracts

It was reported (just like the report on the rest of the cast's new contracts last year) that Melissa and Mayim's contracts had been extended by a year, when they renegotiated their contracts in 2013.  Standard contracts run for seven years, which would have taken Mayim and Melissa through the 10th season (seasons four through ten).  If, they did add a year as reported, their contracts would go through season 11, just like the rest of the cast.  

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 2

Not sure why one would want Lenny to get a divorce, just because Shamy your chosen ship is not going too well, too me that is Petty. Their is no signs Lenny well get divorced in the s9 finalie. More signs they well stay married, then won't. Like Tensor said money is the reason why it is unlikely. Johnny and Kaley get paid a million an episode, based on the stipulations in their contracts. It does not make any logistical sense for Lenny to get divorced, they are the two main characters, and being marginalized does not make much profitable sense. I also don't get why Amy is getting crap for dating, and we are susposed to feel sorry for Sheldon lol, please. For what treating Amy like crap for years? Oh yeah poor guy. I am not sure Shamy well reconcile in the finalie, I am not sure I want them too, but well see.

what i dont understand is why a lot of shippers feel like you cant like multiple couples. My favorite couple on the show is leonard and penny, but that doesnt mean i hate on ppl who ship shamy (although i do hate the ones that are pretencious and rude; same goes for lenny). In fact i like sheldon and amy as well and dont like this breakup either. What's wrong with liking multiple couples? Some of these ppl on this form are so biased its impossible to even have an intelligent argument or conversation with them. Im not referring to really anyone ive debated with bc for the most part we saw both sides of the issue, but had a difference in opinion (like lionne). Im reffering to others ive observed on here

• Like 4

What's wrong with liking multiple couples?

Exactly! I'm a Shamy and I'm extremely upset with the break up, but that doesn't make me hope bad things to other couples. I like Lenny and I don't see them getting a divorce. It's still too early to tell what the season finale will be. And as many have said, it depends on will season 10 be the last. It could be Shamy getting back together (ocf I hope it'll happen sooner), them getting engage or have coitus (but I kind of think they won't have coitus before the wedding..). It could be Bernadette getting pregnant, them deciding to start trying or them finding out they have problems having a child. It could also be Penny getting pregnant, but I wish this would happen a little later. Or maybe they go Friends and have someone finding a pregnancy test, but we won't know whose it is.

• Like 1

I prefer Lenny, as I can relate to the nerdy guy and the hot girl. But I like Shamy to a certain degree lol. I think the season finalie could be well Penny being pregnant. At first looks like Bernadette is pregnant. But then in the final moment they cut to Penny's face lol. Yeah that would be copying Friends a bit. But what ensemble comedy series has not matralized from Friends at some point, they started it all!

I prefer Lenny, as I can relate to the nerdy guy and the hot girl. But I like Shamy to a certain degree lol. I think the season finalie could be well Penny being pregnant. At first looks like Bernadette is pregnant. But then in the final moment they cut to Penny's face lol. Yeah that would be copying Friends a bit. But what ensemble comedy series has not matralized from Friends at some point, they started it all!

That woudn't copy Friends only just a bit, it would copy it completely, except the setting of the scene ^^ It all depends if there will be a 11th season.