The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tonstar17

Solve That Riddle

Someone that drives a truck. A truck driver to Americans Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

was he walking? 

NEMOPUK,

You're right !

OK, lets try one more from my OLD bag of tricks !

Which is heavier a pound of gold or a pound of feathers?

Neither. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sorry TONY but that's not the right answer !

I'll even tell you the right answer, it's feathers, but can you tell me why?

But to make you forget your wrong answer.....CONGRATULATIONS !!!! This thread made it to The Land Of GAMES !!!!

Tripper just changed it (but I guess you knew that).

• Like 3

But to make you forget your wrong answer.....CONGRATULATIONS !!!! This thread made it to The Land Of GAMES !!!!

This one is tricky.. They are both a pound but since you say feathers is heavier, is it because that the pound of feathers are still attached to the bodies? you only mentioned the pound of feathers. you didnt mention whether the feathers were still attached to the body. 

I didn't I was just going to login to my laptop to try and see if I could change it as I only post on this forum using Tapatalk on my phone. Yay. :) The common measurement for feathers would make them equal. Thus, a standard pound of feathers technically weighs more than a pound of gold! Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I didn't I was just going to login to my laptop to try and see if I could change it as I only post on this forum using Tapatalk on my phone. Yay.

:)

The common measurement for feathers would make them equal. Thus, a standard pound of feathers technically weighs more than a pound of gold! Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Gold is measured using a different measurment. Gold is measured in troy ounces which comes out to 5,760 grains to the pound.

However feathers are measured using aviordupois ounces which has 7,000 grains per ounce. 

I guess this was more a trivia question than a riddle,

So to make up for that one, here is The Riddle Of The Sphinx...

"What is the creature that walks on 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs at noon, and 3 in the evening?".  The correct answer is said to have killed the Sphinx. 

No fair looking up the answer, that would make it too easy (unless you have to) !

Sorry LUCKYBOY, I just now saw your last question, but no, the feathers are not still on the bird (but I like the answer better than mine LOL).

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 1

I agree, mike, its not fun when you look it up.

I'll to guess this one.. Sphinx is either the statue or the live thing itself. I'm going to answer TIME here....

Nope, it's not Time. I admit I had to look it up, but only to get the exact quote. I've known the riddle for years. I only mentioned the Sphinx because it was part of a story I read somewhen else. The riddle is the quote.

• Like 1

Gold is measured using a different measurment. Gold is measured in troy ounces which comes out to 5,760 grains to the pound.

However feathers are measured using aviordupois ounces which has 7,000 grains per ounce. 

I guess this was more a trivia question than a riddle,

So to make up for that one, here is The Riddle Of The Sphinx...

"What is the creature that walks on 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs at noon, and 3 in the evening?".  The correct answer is said to have killed the Sphinx. 

No fair looking up the answer, that would make it too easy (unless you have to) !

Sorry LUCKYBOY, I just now saw your last question, but no, the feathers are not still on the bird (but I like the answer better than mine LOL).

The answer is MAN.... Crawling so on fours when a baby, 2 legs when an adult, and walking with a cane when old makes 3 legs.

Yay :) 

Ok try this one..... The butcher's assistant is 6ft tall, and wears size 9 shoes, what does he weigh? 

Okay let's move this up a notch. A man his lion, goat and a sack of potatoes comes across a river they need to cross to the other side but there is a problem. The canoe that will take them across weighs 60 lbs. The man weighs 30 lbs so does the lion (30lbs) and the goat (30lbs). He can only take one at a time equaling 60 bls. So if he takes the lion with him first, the goat will eat the potatoes. If he takes the potatoes first the lion will eat the goat. How does he get them all across safely. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Okay let's move this up a notch. A man his lion, goat and a sack of potatoes comes across a river they need to cross to the other side but there is a problem. The canoe that will take them across weighs 60 lbs. The man weighs 30 lbs so does the lion (30lbs) and the goat (30lbs). He can only take one at a time equaling 60 bls. So if he takes the lion with him first, the goat will eat the potatoes. If he takes the potatoes first the lion will eat the goat. How does he get them all across safely. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

he takes the goat first, then returns and takes the potatoes. he takes the goat back before taking the lion across, then finally collects the goat. 

(If that makes sense?) 

• Like 1

he takes the goat first, then returns and takes the potatoes. he takes the goat back before taking the lion across, then finally collects the goat. 

(If that makes sense?) 

I hate you . lol That was quick. You are correct. :) Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I hate you . lol That was quick. You are correct. :) it does the lion will not eat the potatoes so it's safe to leave them together. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Yay :) 

Ok try this one..... The butcher's assistant is 6ft tall, and wears size 9 shoes, what does he weigh? 

he weighs MEAT!!

This one is the same genre as TONSTARS latest one..

This is the situation.

3 carnivores and 3 men are running away from an erupting volcano. their only path is crossing a river. the only canoe available can carry 2 people at a time to the other side of the river. the problem is there cannot be more carnivores than men on any side of the river because the carnivores will team up against the man. its ok for men to outnumber the carnivores because the men will not eat the carnivore an even number is ok because the men can defend themselves from the carnivore (1 per person). How do they all cross the river alive