The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tonstar17

Solve That Riddle

Using Occam's Razor "The Simplest Explanation Is Usually The Correct One", I would think at step (1) taking a carnivore and a man would work, but step (2) having the man come back, leaving the carnivore alone, knowing a volcano was erupting, knowing what I do about carnivores, I'd probably take off and leave my carnivore buddies behind or at least NOT go back to the volcano side again (step (4)). And once step (5) is underway there are 2 men and only one carnivore on the volcano side, and knowing what most men would do if a volcano was erupting, I'd kill the lone carnivore. Thus reducing the whole trip down to I believe (7) steps !

LOL 

Ok, I think I've worked this out...

1. man takes carnivore and returns alone
  2. man takes second carnivore and returns alone
  3. man takes another man, but returns with carnivore
  4. man takes man and returns alone
  5. man takes carnivore and returns alone
  6. man takes final carnivore,. 

good idea, but no..

when (2) the man takes the second carnivore, there would have been 2 carnivores and 1 man on the other side during drop off.

Hint: they all know how to use the canoe.

he weighs MEAT!!

This one is the same genre as TONSTARS latest one..

This is the situation.

3 carnivores and 3 men are running away from an erupting volcano. their only path is crossing a river. the only canoe available can carry 2 people at a time to the other side of the river. the problem is there cannot be more carnivores than men on any side of the river because the carnivores will team up against the man. its ok for men to outnumber the carnivores because the men will not eat the carnivore an even number is ok because the men can defend themselves from the carnivore (1 per person). How do they all cross the river alive

Carnivore takes carnivore over. Drops carnivore Carnivorous takes the other carnivore drops him. Comes back. Man & man go next. Man & carnivore come back. Man & man go over Carnivore on the other side goes back for his mates became the three men are now across. Done. Phew that was hard. It being bugging me all day. Hope I'm right. :) Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

TONY!!! GREAT JOB!! Thats CORRECT!! you deserve an award for this.. How about a sticker with a cat saying ME-WOW

TONY!!! GREAT JOB!! Thats CORRECT!! you deserve an award for this.. How about a sticker with a cat saying ME-WOW

I'll take it. That was a very good one. It did my head in all day. :) Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I'll take it. That was a very good one. It did my head in all day.

:)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Tony's reward

mewow.jpg

• Like 1

At a party a man drank some punch then left 20 minutes later. Everyone at the party who drank the punch died of poisoning. Why did the man not die? Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

OK, let try an easier one:

Forward, I am heavy, backward I am not.

What am I?

A sack Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

At a party a man drank some punch then left 20 minutes later. Everyone at the party who drank the punch died of poisoning. Why did the man not die? Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

because the man killed everyone at the party

The man poisoned the punch?

OBTW sack is NOT the correct answer (it's a good answer, but not the best answer).

Edited by walnutcowboy

The man poisoned the punch?

OBTW sack is NOT the correct answer (it's a good answer, but not the best answer).

Nope. Sorry Mike. Clue. The man drank the punch earlier if he had stayed and drank more he would have died too. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

My Wife just gave me the answer ! She loves all her drinks ICE cold, while I like mine room temp.

Was the poison in the ice cubes ?

Nailed it. Congrats to your wife. :) But why didn't the man die? Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The man put the ice cubes into the punch and it took 20mins for the ice to melt and get mixed into the punch. so the man poisoned everyone else.

• Like 1

The man put the ice cubes into the punch and it took 20mins for the ice to melt and get mixed into the punch. so the man poisoned everyone else.

Lol. Correct. The man didn't die because he drank the punch before the ice melted to release the poison. :) Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

lol.. lucky guess... so in essence the man killed every one.... LOL... its not the proper answer to the riddle but still.....

lol.. lucky guess... so in essence the man killed every one.... LOL... its not the proper answer to the riddle but still.....

Not really. No one knows who poisoned the punch. The man was just there to to make the riddle work. He didn't know it was poisoned thats why he drank some. He had to leave early because he probably had to be somewhere else. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

OK, let try an easier one:

Forward, I am heavy, backward I am not.

What am I?

I can only think you are a ton if not a sack. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk