905 - The Perspiration Implementation (October 19)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John Ross Bowie ‏@JohnRossBowie  2h2 hours agoThanks and praises to Dan Wolfe, the man who trained me in fencing that week. Patience of a saint, this guy, and a great teacher and swordsman. #tbbt #bit

Loved this episode.  Proof you can still do funny classic comedy in the same episode of of heart & "drama". the guys fencing stuff was hysterical.  Again, classic BBT fun.  The creepy Stuart stuff

The dueling scenes were absolutely wonderful. *This* is what I complain about being missing from the later seasons: times when it's just the four guys completely geeking it up. The physical comedy whe

Posted Images

I loved this week's episode! I had several LOL moments:

Loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, over that Penny called Leonard 'sweetheart'! Awwww!

Love the visual of Leonard 'busting a move' with his Scrabble Dance! In my mind, it's the same dance he does in the shower when Penny flushes the toilet!

I LOL at Stuart's non-blinking stare!

I ROTFLOL when the guys went all Star Wars and Game of Thrones behind Kripke's back!

Love that Amy commiserated with Stuart's poor rabbit!

And for some reason, really like that Kripke is still in the habit of e-mailing photos of his junk! For some very sad reason, that still makes me laugh! 

The second Sheldon mentioned 'glove slapping', I just knew Leonard was going to get smacked. INCONCEIVABLE! But at least it was for a very good reason, telling Sheldon that Amy deserves to be happy. And despite being slapped, really like that Leonard spoke in Sheldon's defense in telling Kripke that asking Amy out might not be such a good idea. And then, of course his follow-up, 'here's the crazy version of what I said'. 

Overall, a very good episode that I very much enjoyed! 

• Like 9

I personally liked last weeks episode more but this one was good.

Anyway back to the episode from last night and my personal highlights:

- the beginning was pretty amusing with Howards "machine" lol.gif

- Leonard telling Penny he did a scrabble dance *LOL*
- the fencing class with Kripke was the most fun of the episode IMO I was positivly surprised that Kripke has such a nice hobby
- Leonard running up the stairs and and Bernies "Walk!" to leave Amy and Sheldon alone talking

Stuart was a little creepy. That guy needs a girl.

Sheldon trying to ask girls out was pretty amusing. I understand him thats it is not easy to talk to strangers. But his Pokemon reference was kinda funny.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose

Hers a sad bit of trivia from the start if the cold open to the beginning of the end credits was 18:20 the show just keeps getting shorter as more commercials and aired I know it is a money making proposition but this is pretty ridiculous

I'm hoping to God that's not going to be the new running time. That's a whole scene missing !.

• Like 1

Loved it!

Not to split hairs; but I use my non-dominant leg to flush public toilets because I balance better on my dominant leg.  

To me, balance is key in a public bathroom stall.  :biggrin:

I'd never even heard of flushing a public toilet with ones foot. Is this a common practice?
(I generally try to avoid public toilets at all costs... even at work!)

Gosh..I've finally! seen this episode after the player didn't work yesterday :wacko: Maan Sheldon should have said something different when Amy asked if he's interested in dating. But probably that will make her feel, she wants him back. I really hope so! :wub: 3

Just a fun episode all around minus the Shamy scene.  Laughed a lot.

I just keep thinking if Amy was that unhappy and ready to find someone who treated her better than what Sheldon was equipped to give:  Wouldn't they be better off as friends?  Yes, Amy looked pained in the tag.  Was it because she was genuinely sad that Sheldon "appears" to be moving on by asking girls out or is it that she was taken aback that he might even consider dating (thinking she was the only person Sheldon would ever date) or some combo of the two?  Need to see more before I can properly judge that.  My kneejerk was she didn't believe Sheldon wouldn't consider dating along with hurt from the realization that he might.

Edited by Denise07
Corrected

Just a fun episode all around minus the tag scene.  Laughed a lot.

I just keep thinking if Amy was that unhappy and ready to find someone who treated her better than what Sheldon was equipped to give:  Wouldn't they be better off as friends?  Yes, Amy looked pained in the tag.  Was it because she was genuinely sad that Sheldon "appears" to be moving on by asking girls out or is it that she was taken aback that he might even consider dating (thinking she was the only person Sheldon would ever date) or some combo of the two?  Need to see more before I can properly judge that.  My kneejerk was she didn't believe Sheldon wouldn't consider dating along with hurt from the realization that he might.

One little nitpick--the staircase scene wasn't the tag.  The tag was Bernie asking Howard how he had managed to run something like 100 miles that day.

• Like 2

I haven't replied to this episode yet... but better late than never.

It was hilarious! Quoting the Princess Bride and the just going at it fighting like 5 year olds while Barry was on the phone were my two favorite parts. I was laughing so much.

I have to mention Shamy- they just break my heart. It was so well done and I emotional for the brief amount of time they were on screen, but it was great. Also, Sheldon has been saying a lot of sexual jokes lately?! He's really the only one doing so, and by the "send me to human resources" statement he seems to know what he's saying and the double meaning behind it. Just thought I would point that out.

• Like 2

Excellent writing and excellent physical comedy. There were more good jokes in the scene in Howard's lab before the titles than in the whole of some relationship-heavy episodes. If only they'd left out that miserable meeting of S&A on the landing this would have been an entirely enjoyable episode. Leonard and Bernadette running away was funny, tho. It's a bit sad that Stuart, whom Penny was once happy to go out with, is now so creepy, but they got some good laughs out of it.

One could imagine that Kripke's motive in asking Amy out was to score off his rival Sheldon. Go on Amy - give Bawwy a chance to say "I've got your girfwend, Coopah".

I hope they don't just drop the fencing forever - it's still got laugh potential.

Here's an odd point - after all the generic drinking we've seen, this was the first time I've ever been able to identify just what anyone was drinking. Leonard and Howard had Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in the bar after fencing. Good call, chaps.

• 2 months later...

I love the direction in this episode when the pan the camera to the guys with the fencing equipment/

Leonard - shaking the sword

Sheldon - poking the sword

Howard - trying to pick something out his helmet (engineer-ry)

Raj - spirited cross action ( fully committed to the activity)