Who should be Sheldon's new girlfriend?

Stephen Hawking

Besides, what woman would be around Sheldon for more than a day and say "I want a piece of that!"

Raises hand. Me!  Me!!  I like wickedly smart , socially awkward, tall geeky guys!  You should see my track record!  Lol!  The fact that he's gorgeous doesn't hurt...

Edited by nibbler747
  • Like 2

Amy wasn't interested in sex at first and if you go back and count thru the years how many times each has mentioned sex in some way around the other, it's actually Sheldon that brings it up more than Amy.  He just accuses her of it which is why everybody thinks it's her but it's really him.  I'm actually surprised that nobody really seemed to catch onto that.

I'm not about to go back and count and provide "evidence" but there was a long stretch where just about every episode contained a ritual "Sheldon won't have sex with me" whine. 

But just off the top of my head - dismantling a TARDIS and rebuilding it around your bedroom door is quite eager.  Faking illness to get Sheldon to touch her, Catholic school girl outfit, Star Trek nurse outfit, flashing her privates at him, scenting his possessions,  pressuring him to move in with her, etc. I'm sure others more  zealous than me could come up with many more. All betray a certain sense of "eagerness" that you say should  cause Sheldon to "lose all respect for her". 

• Like 3

Star Trek nurse outfit,

flashing her privates at him,

scenting his possessions

That one had nothing to do with sex directly

When did the second one happen.

He didn't know she did that though, so qualifying that one is a stretch.

Penny is the perfect girlfriend for him, they care for each other, they love each other, they complete each other.

Penny can help Sheldon on the social (and sexual) part of a relationship, Sheldon can help her succeed in the business she is working in now, like he did with her Penny Blossom Empire.

-there's a limit to how much they care about each other. Sheldon and penny IMO are like two different puzzle pieces that don't fit with each other the same way Leonard and Penny do.  At least when it comes to romance.

Sheldon and Penny would have next to no patience with each other in regards to doing anything sexual.  If Amy barely got him to budge, what makes you think Penny would have any better luck?  You do remember the Penny Blossom Empire busted right?

For now.

Even if they did get divorced Sheldon wouldn't see his best friends former wife like that KNOWING that it would most likely make Leonard mad at him.  Same thing with Penny.  There's just too many negative repercussions that would befall all three of these characters going this route at this point in the series.

• Like 1

flashing her privates at him

"Before I park, come in the backseat.
I want to show you something I had done today.
All right, color me intrigued.
What do you think? I think you're high on paint fumes.
And boy, that's a lot of Band-Aids." 
> S6/The Parking Spot Escalation <

:shy:

• Like 2

"Before I park, come in the backseat.
I want to show you something I had done today.
All right, color me intrigued.
What do you think? I think you're high on paint fumes.
And boy, that's a lot of Band-Aids." 
> S6/The Parking Spot Escalation <

:shy:

a bikini wax doesnt involve "your privates".

I think Sheldon is an anti-sexual. He has indicated that he would want someone with no sexual history (he is strangely moralistic, probably because of his mother) who is not interested in ever having sex. The only person who fits that persona is 4th season Amy.

Besides, what woman would be around Sheldon for more than a day and say "I want a piece of that!"

Given what I know now, I actually think Sheldon fits the category of demi-sexual.   The only reason he is interested in sex now with Amy is because of his growing emotional attachment and familiarity with her and because it is something he chooses to do rather than being ruled by his urges.  Also, I don't think morality is the issue as much as it is his phobias and the need for commitment to engage.  You can bet he's not going to give up something as precious as his v-card and then let the person he gave it to just walk away. 

This is the reason I think Amy is the only one for him.   It would take up another 5 years or more to build another relationship with anyone else, and I don't think anyone other than Amy is that patient.

As far as his mother not being interested in sex, that is incorrect.  Go back and watch The Mommy Observation.  Sheldon accuses her of fornicating like a demonic weasel, or something to that effect.

If Penny were not married to Leonard, I do see her as a potential suitor for Sheldon, given their bond of friendship and that Sheldon has known her a lot longer than Amy.  I don't condone it by any means, but I do see it, which is what makes all the on-screen Shenny business a little scary.

Now, if the writer's continue to break Sheldon down the way they have been doing, turning him into something we don't recognize and don't give him relief by having Amy take him back, then who knows what desperate Sheldon will do.   He did tell Leonard in the S9.1 to remind him how stupid he is being if he were ever to consider dating someone again.   So, who knows?  Maybe he would jump back in the sea again, if he really doesn't want to be lonely anymore.  

I hate it, but I've learned with the writers, nothing can be ruled out any longer.

• Like 1

I'm not about to go back and count and provide "evidence" but there was a long stretch where just about every episode contained a ritual "Sheldon won't have sex with me" whine. 

But just off the top of my head - dismantling a TARDIS and rebuilding it around your bedroom door is quite eager.  Faking illness to get Sheldon to touch her, Catholic school girl outfit, Star Trek nurse outfit, flashing her privates at him, scenting his possessions,  pressuring him to move in with her, etc. I'm sure others more  zealous than me could come up with many more. All betray a certain sense of "eagerness" that you say should  cause Sheldon to "lose all respect for her". 

The tardis door was Bernie's idea that Amy stupidly fell for and SHELDON WASNT AROUND.

She didn't fake her illness.  She actually was sick in the beginning and wanted Sheldon to leave her alone so she could rest.  Now granted she DID lie about STILL being sick but that's one I'll give you (mama needs a bath).  But I won't give you vabo rub on the chest.  She really was sick at the time (and that stuff does really work) and it was SHELDON that suggested it (yeah, I know.  Not to be sexual but Amy didn't suggest it either).  

The Catholic school girl was again, suggested by Bernie but I'll give you that one too.  I'd bet anything Star Trek was Sheldon's idea since Amy was going out of her way to "make him happy."

Flashing her privates doesn't count.  As a girl I don't know how to explain it but it's kinda the same as asking your guy how he likes your new haircut but since the location is intimate, you can't just ask any guy friend you have.  Does that make sense?  Regardless, I don't think that scene was sexual in any way.  The girls took her to her first wax job and she wanted her boyfriends opinion on it.

He wasn't around when she was licking stuff in his office and THAT wasn't sexual either.  She did the same thing to Penny so they'd be best friends, remember?

Penny is the perfect girlfriend for him, they care for each other, they love each other, they complete each other.

Penny can help Sheldon on the social (and sexual) part of a relationship, Sheldon can help her succeed in the business she is working in now, like he did with her Penny Blossom Empire.

NEVER!
  • Like 1

Plus penny was, is and never will be interested in ANY sexual way. He's " so not the guy" Never, sorry. Sheldon does only develop any sexuality with love. I think he is the type who only gives his heart away once. And seriously...Amy was so desperately trying to get physical with Sheldon. She respected him not wanting it, but she was "always hoping".

• Like 1

Given what I know now, I actually think Sheldon fits the category of demi-sexual. 

As far as his mother not being interested in sex, that is incorrect.  Go back and watch The Mommy Observation.  Sheldon accuses her of fornicating like a demonic weasel, or something to that effect.

If Penny were not married to Leonard, I do see her as a potential suitor for Sheldon, given their bond of friendship and that Sheldon has known her a lot longer than Amy.  I don't condone it by any means, but I do see it, which is what makes all the on-screen Shenny business a little scary.

Now, if the writer's continue to break Sheldon down the way they have been doing, turning him into something we don't recognize and don't give him relief by having Amy take him back, then who knows what desperate Sheldon will do.   He did tell Leonard in the S9.1 to remind him how stupid he is being if he were ever to consider dating someone again.   So, who knows?  Maybe he would jump back in the sea again, if he really doesn't want to be lonely anymore.  

I hate it, but I've learned with the writers, nothing can be ruled out any longer.

The Mommy Observation reinforced that Sheldon is sex adversed. He did not want his widowed mother having sex with a man she is not married to thinking it hypocritical for a God fearing woman. That's pretty extreme.

And why would Penny as written want Sheldon for a partner? The show runner and the producers have hammered in the viewers head:

1. Penny is connected thru Leonard to Sheldon. Without Leonard there would have been no relationship at all. Imagine how long the first conversation would have been between the 21 year old Penny and the Dr. Wak-a-doodle if Leonard did not become Sheldon's roomate.

2. Penny has zero sexual interest in Sheldon. The writer's have literally been putting those words in her mouth since the start of the series. Just an example is her "I'll think of you" comment in season 2 as how she would suppress her libido. Sheldon is her weird "child" or little brother or has been suggested several times, her family pet.

3. Penny gets more from Leonard than just sex. Leonard worships her. He has her as the center of universe and tries hard not to enflame her insecurities. All the things Sheldon can't do. Notice that when they add a Shenny scene it does not effect canon in any way. 9.02's shenny kiss was a fantasy as was the laundry room seduction in Amy's tale. Malero admitts he puts in harmless Shenny visuals just to shock the regular fans and exite the Shenny fans. But he is careful to make sure they can leave no footprint on the story line.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 4

The Mommy Observation reinforced that Sheldon is sex adversed. He did not want his widowed mother having sex with a man she is not married to thinking it hypocritical for a God fearing woman. That's pretty extreme.

And why would Penny as written want Sheldon for a partner? The show runner and the producers have hammered in the viewers head:

1. Penny is connected thru Leonard to Sheldon. Without Leonard there would have been no relationship at all. Imagine how long the first conversation would have been between the 21 year old Penny and the Dr. Wak-a-doodle if Leonard did not become Sheldon's roomate.

2. Penny has zero sexual interest in Sheldon. The writer's have been literally been putting those words in her mouth since the start of the series

Again, my words were taken out of context but I blame myself because I'm not always so clear about what I'm trying to express.

I only see Penny as a suitor for Sheldon because of their long relationship together, not only because of Leonard's influence in making Sheldon like her, but because of the bond the two of them have built as friends.  If she and Leonard had not worked out, and Amy had never been introduced to the show, I can see how they could have develop into a couple.  You know, sometimes opposites do attract.    I never said I wanted it to happen, only that it could be possible.   The Shenny shippers see it, and I can understand why they do.   That's all I'm saying.   I wholeheartedly believe it is a dead end and hope it remains that way.  

I only want Sheldon with Amy.  

The Mommy Observation showed that Sheldon hates hypocrisy (being told all his life that fornication is wrong and then having his mother give into it).  I don't think it means he is against sex. 

He's had zero interest in it until Amy, but he had no problem condoning others participating.   He handed Leonard a sex safety kit to encourage him to prostitute himself to obtain a school grant.   He wanted to assist Amy with satisfying her urges through Zack.  He congratulated Raj when he finally slept with Emily.

Edited by jenafan

I sincerely believe Amy is the one and only person for Sheldon and that they're meant to be together, but I'll jump into the discussion just because I find it interesting.

I always thought of Sheldon as someone who never really thought of which way he swings, sexually that is. Up until Amy he (as he himself told her) "didn't have any interest". I think with her leaving him and his decision to propose he's been forced to really think through who he is and what he wants - emotionally as well as sexually - for the first time in his life.

In the past he seems to have preferred the company of men, for whatever reason (shared interests, prejudice, female disinterest in him) and thus I can't rule out that he might find himself interested in men - after all, we don't really know what floats his boat. We're not even sure *Sheldon* knows. If that were ever to happen I would love for him to meet a guy at Comic-Con or something along those lines who shares his interests - maybe someone who he can have light-saber battles with over who has to unload the dishwasher. I don't know. 

As for girls, I really can't see him with Penny, for obvious reasons which I'm not to rehash here. But the writers have shown that there are plenty of young women at and around he University who admire his intellect (for better or for worse) and as someone (nibbler?) said there are plenty of girls who like tall, geeky guys with a raging intellect. Would someone other than Amy put up with his idiosyncrases? Probably not, but then again we have no idea who Sheldon is now that he's experienced his first heat-ache. Perhaps he'll realize he can't replace her and the best thing is to go out and look not for her replica but something (or someone) completely different?

I think if they ever went down that road they would have to come up with an entirely new character, one that's nothing like Amy. It's hard to imagine what she'd be like though since Amy's such a perfect counterpart to him. I used to work as a train conductor and believe me, a lot of people who work on the railway are *really* into trains - like, really really into trains. I could see Sheldon dating a female train conductor. Yeah, I think that's my answer. A train conductor.

• Like 1

I only see Penny as a suitor for Sheldon because of their long relationship together, not only because of Leonard's influence in making Sheldon like her, but because of the bond the two of them have built as friends.  If she and Leonard had not worked out, and Amy had never been introduced to the show, I can see how they could have develop into a couple.  You know, sometimes opposites do attract.    I never said I wanted it to happen, only that it could be possible.   The Shenny shippers see it, and I can understand why they do.   That's all I'm saying.   I wholeheartedly believe it is a dead end and hope it remains that way.  

Seeing Penny as a suitor for Sheldon means somehow getting over that huge firewall that the writers have built between the characters; Penny does not see Sheldon as a desirable adult male. To her he's an unformed, pre-sexual child, a dependent creature who can not function on his own, an irritating voice anxious to tell her of her short comings. She cares deeply for him because she feels he can't help being that way and is vulnerable to the world he does not wish to understand. And he's Leonard's friend. None of those Sheldon characteristics make him attractive to any normal women.

I think the original conception of Sheldon was brilliant and unique. He was conceived (mainly by Bill Prady, I believe) to be the opposing force to Penny in the tug of war for Leonard. He was the extraordinary male character on a TV sitcom who had no interest in cultivating a romantic relationship with any human. While the other males drooled over Penny, he went out of his way to insult her. He even touched her breast and saw her bottom and showed not that slightest arousal. Why? Because he was Sheldon, dammit, he didn't care in the least.

Trying to make Sheldon into a romantic male means completely redoing the character and he becomes just like every other guy in sitcom land.

But that's another story.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 7

Seeing Penny as a suitor for Sheldon means somehow getting over that huge firewall that the writers have built between the characters; Penny does not see Sheldon as a desirable adult male. To her he's a unformed, pre-sexual child, a non-independent creature who can not function on his own, an irritating voice anxious to tell her of her short comings. She cares deeply for him because she feels he can't help being that way and is vulnerable to the world he does not wish to understand. And he's Leonard's friend. None of those Sheldon characteristics make him attractive to any normal women.

I think the original conception of Sheldon was brilliant and unique. He was conceived (mainly by Bill Prady, I believe) to be the opposing force to Penny in the tug of war for Leonard. He was the extraordinary male character on a TV sitcom who had no interest in cultivating a romantic relationship with any human. While the other males drooled over Penny, he went out of his way to insult her. He even touched her breast and saw her bottom and showed not that slightest arousal. Why? Because he was Sheldon, dammit, he didn't care in the least.

Trying to make Sheldon into a romantic male means completely redoing the character and he becomes just like every other guy in sitcom land.

But that's another story.

You've made your point very well, and I agree 100%.

If she and Leonard had not worked out, and Amy had never been introduced to the show, I can see how they could have develop into a couple.

You mean like this? :icon_biggrin: 

I only want Sheldon with Amy..

Me too.

They're the perfect couple.

He wanted to assist Amy with satisfying her urges through Zack.

That still creeps me out.

Delivering your innocent, virgin friend, to have sex with Zack. speechless-smiley-040.gif 

He even touched her breast and saw her bottom and showed not that slightest arousal.

When did he see her bottom?

• Like 1

You mean like this? :icon_biggrin: 

Me too.

They're the perfect couple.

That still creeps me out.

Delivering your innocent, virgin friend, to have sex with Zack. speechless-smiley-040.gif 

When did he see her bottom?

At the same time he held her breast. That's when he saw the Chinese soup character tattoo (that Penny thought said courage) on her right buttock. S3 episode 8 The Adhesive Duck Deficiency

I must've been distracted, because sheldon was feeling a right tit. :icon_biggrin: 

Thank you for that comment.   I just banged my head on my desk when I fell over laughing.    I needed that.   Been having a rough day here at the office.

At this point, I'll take the Shamy drama over the personnel drama going on here.  Everyone's problem becomes mine, unfortunately.   I hate HR, but it's part of my job, so I have to deal with it.   The forum gives me a bit of a break from it all, and I am an excellent multi-tasker.   I would love to be over in England or Germany right now.  I always thought I'd make a great European.  I love the culture and feel welcome whenever I visit.

Anyway back to topic, I don't think Sheldon is without suitors.   There are other Amy's out there, but I don't think he is interested in trying again.  One betrayal/failure was enough.   On the other hand, I think there will be a line of men interested in Amy, and Sheldon is right, that she could eventually find someone else.

The only people that don't envision him with anyone else are the die-hard Shamy fans, but if for some reason they don't reconcile, do we really want him to be alone?

Let's hope they reconcile.

• Like 1