Episode 3.19 (April 12)

Tripper

There should be a thread about who has gone through the same situation like Leonard and Penny in real life jejeje I know I have.

I liked the episode because it involved everyone, sheldon was not a pain---- as much as in other episodes so I liked that, raj and howard were the typical friends teasing another friend its to be expected, no harm meant but that's what friends are for too jejeje. As for Penny, I see that she was really scared and sad about the point her relationship has reached and such fear and pressure can lead to a brief or permanent break up, I liked the close up at Penny's face in the end as it was mentioned, I think she wasn't angry, she was sad and worried yet there's still much to know in future episodes. Still she is my reason why I see the show :icon_lol:

I liked this ep but am sad about L&P I like them together

Me too and I also liked the signature you have, not only I love Kaley but you have there the other woman I'm crazy about, Claudia. Because of her I watched stargate-SG 1 but only untill Vala appeared, I liked the episode unending and because of Claudia is why I like Dragon age and uncharted 2, both great games in many way but Claudia being in them makes them even better.

I really loved this episode! Just kept laughing - Wil Wheaton and Sheldon are pure comic heaven, Howard and Raj were good and I didn't even mind the LP scenes cos they seemed to fit and did not distract from the geek world. Definitely one of my most favourite episodes this season! More of this please!!! :icon_mrgreen:

But all you guys here saying you feel with LP make me wonder - is this really happening out there in the "big world" ?? That people have been having sex for almost a year but don't actually have "strong feelings" for each other and now will break up because one admitted he loves the other??? Oh boy... :icon_rolleyes:

Well, reading back Hanna's story, it was just a week for her. So that's very different for Leonard and Penny, it's been nearly a year since they dated! Well, if one seaon is approximately a year, that is!

So I guess it was about time for the ''I love you'' to be said by someone... Sadly, it leaded to trouble here... Come on, Penny, Leonard's better for you than all your exes combined (Yeah, I know, it isn't hard to be better than all her exes, but still! :p )

So I guess it was about time for the ''I love you'' to be said by someone... Sadly, it leaded to trouble here... Come on, Penny, Leonard's better for you than all your exes combined (Yeah, I know, it isn't hard to be better than all her exes, but still! :p )

Well, we all knew a break-up would be coming at some time, but because of THIS??? She said she was scared of the word and its meaning, why didn't Leonard let it go and why the hell did she conclude if she didn't feel the loved him she would have to break up??? It just doesn't make sense. Well, but then again, it's a comedy.

It was a good episode, and Will Wheaton evolved into my favorite character of the whole show! It's always good to see Sheldon manhandled like that. Parsons and Wheaton are a natural Superman/Lex Luthor couple on screen...

I really loved this episode! Just kept laughing - Wil Wheaton and Sheldon are pure comic heaven, Howard and Raj were good and I didn't even mind the LP scenes cos they seemed to fit and did not distract from the geek world. Definitely one of my most favourite episodes this season! More of this please!!! :icon_mrgreen:

But all you guys here saying you feel with LP make me wonder - is this really happening out there in the "big world" ?? That people have been having sex for almost a year but don't actually have "strong feelings" for each other and now will break up because one admitted he loves the other??? Oh boy... :icon_rolleyes:

I believe that Penny has very strong feelings for Leonard. Unfortunately, she has not yet come to terms with how to deal with those feelings. She looked very upset when she ran out of the bowling alley.

why didn't Leonard let it go and why the hell did she conclude if she didn't feel the loved him she would have to break up??? It just doesn't make sense. Well, but then again, it's a comedy.

1- For Leonard: Don't you know nerds are überly romantics! Well, not all of them (Sheldon, for exemple), but Leonard would probably fall into that category! Romantism comes with its strenghts and weakness; one of those weakness, it's hard to let go when you say you love the girl! :p

2- For Penny, well there is two thing about her side of the story: One, she's known for being a little bit insecure. Two, well, Wil Wheaton went inside her head! Bringing those two together, I'd conclude she was afraid to hurt Leonard the same way Willy got supposedly hurt in that story of his. Which is why she'd rather pull the plug already.

That's what I'm concluding from my view of the character analysis, along with the situation. I might be way off, or maybe not. That's just my conclusion of it! :p

• Like 1

After what happened to epsoide 3.19, I don't want to see Penny break up with Leonard just because of the L word. If they break up like that, I will be very upset. Instead, I keep my fingers crossed that Leonard will propose to Penny at some point in time. When season 4 comes, I hope Leonard will have kids with Penny which just like he has said on season 1, "our children will be smart and beautiful" and then, Sheldon says "now, that is not an imaginary"....

To fulfill the season 1 prophecy, I hope the writers will make Leonard/Penny have kids together on season 4 or even as late as season 10. No matter how the story end between them, it would perfect to see Leonard/Penny have kids and create their own family together.

I suppose in the next few episodes, Penny still struggle whether she should let Leonard knows after she went to pregnancy test and got positive. It will be very interesting to see how Leonard reacts once Penny tells him she got impregnated by him and then, the rest of the crews(Sheldon/Howard/Raj) create a lot of comedies out of this couple while being supportive to them.

Hot/sexy blond girls dump nerds are so typical in real life and, I don't want to see the end result between Leonard & Penny are that typical. I want to see them get married and have family together. It would be interesting to see how they live together for the rest of their lives while friends like Sheldon and others continue to involve with their circles.... :icon_mrgreen:

For those who think Penny and Sheldon even have a remote chance as a couple, be sure to watch this video:

Penny talks about Sheldon

Just fast forward the video to 1:40, Penny talks about the friendship with Sheldon and listen carefully to what she said. I'm not surprise why she has said that.

I didn't saw that video before, that was a very good interview lol and what Kaley said to her: "you are crazy person" lol. My God I love her.

Also those ideas are quite good but in the very future I suppose, and what sheldon replied to leonard I believe it was: "not to mention imaginary"

Thanks for the Video and the channel, I subscribe at it.

Also those ideas are quite good but in the very future I suppose, and what sheldon replied to leonard I believe it was: "not to mention imaginary"

yw whiteknight, lol.....the reason i chg the sheldon's line to "now, that is not an imaginary" becuz it will make sense if after leonard finally have kids with penny:icon_mrgreen:

why didn't Leonard let it go and why the hell did she conclude if she didn't feel the loved him she would have to break up??? It just doesn't make sense. Well, but then again, it's a comedy.

1- For Leonard: Don't you know nerds are überly romantics! Well, not all of them (Sheldon, for exemple), but Leonard would probably fall into that category! Romantism comes with its strenghts and weakness; one of those weakness, it's hard to let go when you say you love the girl! :p

2- For Penny, well there is two thing about her side of the story: One, she's known for being a little bit insecure. Two, well, Wil Wheaton went inside her head! Bringing those two together, I'd conclude she was afraid to hurt Leonard the same way Willy got supposedly hurt in that story of his. Which is why she'd rather pull the plug already.

That's what I'm concluding from my view of the character analysis, along with the situation. I might be way off, or maybe not. That's just my conclusion of it! :p

Yeah, I think your character analysis is quite right. I just still think they should have talked it out and not "broke up". Funny - I didn't even interpret the episode as a break up, I thought she just stormed off and we'd have a reunion the next episode. It was only after I read all the comments online that I realised I had been supposed to see a break-up.

Talk guys, nerd or not, talk with each other :) !

I did not find this episode enjoyable at all. I'm disappointed with what Leonard's character has become, he use to be sweet, friendly, and only a bit insecure/cling. Now he has become a jerk, how dare he pressure Penny like that? Then he hassles her because she "loves" a specific type of food?

It seemed to me the reason she didn't say "I love you" is because she's been hurt in her past relationships because of saying that too soon, and wanting to be more mature about this relationship since she does care about Leonard and their relationship. Personally, Leonard really jumped the gun, if 1 season = 1 year then they have only been going out for a year, way too early do decide you love someone anyway.

Can't we have some more science related episodes? I'm tired of this relationship garbage.

Yeah, I think your character analysis is quite right. I just still think they should have talked it out and not "broke up". Funny - I didn't even interpret the episode as a break up, I thought she just stormed off and we'd have a reunion the next episode. It was only after I read all the comments online that I realised I had been supposed to see a break-up.

Talk guys, nerd or not, talk with each other :) !

Thanks!

Honestly, I personally don't know what we're supposed to conclude out of this! Leonard did said something like ''I think it was already over'' (I don't remember the exact quote, but it's something like that).

But as you said, they didn't talk! And they have some episodes left to talk about it, so who knows? Let's not jump to conclusion too quickly! Maybe they broke up, maybe they didn't!

Hey, let's make a concession: They are just ''taking a break'' :p

"I'm tired of this relationship garbage " what show have you been watching the whole thing is about relationships I can see that and we are only up to episode 11 over here

Previous seasons were never this saturated with romantic relationships there was some yes but there was overall greater emphasis on scientific and geeky humor. My problem is with the fact that most of the 3rd season centers around romantic relationships, which I don't find entertaining.

Previous seasons were never this saturated with romantic relationships there was some yes but there was overall greater emphasis on scientific and geeky humor. My problem is with the fact that most of the 3rd season centers around romantic relationships, which I don't find entertaining.

So you're basically saying that the show's characters kinda lost their geekiness in favor of romance? Interesting...

Let's check the fact, shall we?

- Leonard offers Penny a snowflake conserved in some chemical product;

- Howard and Sheldon bets some comic book over the species of a cricket they hear;

- Sheldon uses positive reinforcement to modify Penny's behavior (to quote him, a ''scientifically valid protocol'');

- Leonard, Sheldon and Penny are watching an anime;

- Raj loses his job as an astronomer and get to work with Sheldon in theoretical physics. They also fight over which factors to use in that same episode;

- Sheldon and Raj goes on a card game ''à la Magic: The Gathering'' against a ''Star Trek'' cast member;

- Leonard tries to understand football throught intellectual process. He'd also rather go kite-fighting than watch football! :p ;

- Leonard, Raj and Howard go out to watch some astronomical events (aka the Meteor Shower);

- Sheldon gets to be on the radio to talk about his work;

- Sheldon teaches Penny physics. Bernadette grows some interest in Leonard's work as an experimental physicist;

- Raj can only convince Sheldon to go on double-dates by offering him a ''Green Lantern'' lantern or giant Hulk gloves;

- Sheldon visits Flatlands;

- When robbed, they mention a pretty huge quantity of video games (sadly, Sheldon states they only lost Final Fantasy 1 to 9. What about 10 and 12? (Final Fantasy fan here, sorry! lol));

- The episode ''The Einstein Approximation'' is completely focused on Sheldon going nuts about not being able to find the solution to a physics problem;

- Leonard is invited to see the Large Hadron Collider;

- The gang meets Stan Lee;

- The gang fights over a ''Lord of the Rings'' ring;

- Sheldon wins an award at the University;

- When suffiring of stage fright, the rest of the gang is referred to the X-Men (or C-Men), as a team of individuals who have powers to help him with that issue;

- SimCity referrence (Sheldonopolis);

And those are only the ones I can remember, just by checking a list of episode titles.

So it's still kinda nerdy! ^_^

Well, Irvine is right - there still has been plenty of geeky humour, though I also was disappointed with some of the episodes that focused entirely on relationship drama (like the Psychic Vortex or the Cornhusker Vortex).

But I really enjoyed the last couple of episodes, they had enough friendship-scenes and geek scenes. I've come to ignore the couple problems.

I did not find this episode enjoyable at all. I'm disappointed with what Leonard's character has become, he use to be sweet, friendly, and only a bit insecure/cling. Now he has become a jerk, how dare he pressure Penny like that? Then he hassles her because she "loves" a specific type of food?

Gosh, I think that's a bit harsh. Leonard is really insecure. How'd you react if you told someone you loved them and they responded with "I'm not sure". Penny could have kuddled him, told him how much she cared about him or what ever right then in bed, still avoiding the L-word, if she was scared of it. But not just run away. And I really disagree with the "one year is far too short". C'mon, you can't be sleeping with someone for ONE YEAR and NOT have any feelings :icon_eek:

As I said, the end of the episode for me was totally open. Penny ran away, they could have talked it out, she explain that she needs more time with the word but still has deep feelings, Leonard feel a bit more secure.

But everybody oneline talks about the break up, even Wil Wheaton in his blog about the taping of the episode.

So I guess Irvine is right, they are "having a break" :)

So you're basically saying that the show's characters kinda lost their geekiness in favor of romance? Interesting...

Let's check the fact, shall we?

- Leonard offers Penny a snowflake conserved in some chemical product;

- Howard and Sheldon bets some comic book over the species of a cricket they hear;

- Sheldon uses positive reinforcement to modify Penny's behavior (to quote him, a ''scientifically valid protocol'');

- Leonard, Sheldon and Penny are watching an anime;

- Raj loses his job as an astronomer and get to work with Sheldon in theoretical physics. They also fight over which factors to use in that same episode;

- Sheldon and Raj goes on a card game ''à la Magic: The Gathering'' against a ''Star Trek'' cast member;

- Leonard tries to understand football throught intellectual process. He'd also rather go kite-fighting than watch football! :p ;

- Leonard, Raj and Howard go out to watch some astronomical events (aka the Meteor Shower);

- Sheldon gets to be on the radio to talk about his work;

- Sheldon teaches Penny physics. Bernadette grows some interest in Leonard's work as an experimental physicist;

- Raj can only convince Sheldon to go on double-dates by offering him a ''Green Lantern'' lantern or giant Hulk gloves;

- Sheldon visits Flatlands;

- When robbed, they mention a pretty huge quantity of video games (sadly, Sheldon states they only lost Final Fantasy 1 to 9. What about 10 and 12? (Final Fantasy fan here, sorry! lol));

- The episode ''The Einstein Approximation'' is completely focused on Sheldon going nuts about not being able to find the solution to a physics problem;

- Leonard is invited to see the Large Hadron Collider;

- The gang meets Stan Lee;

- The gang fights over a ''Lord of the Rings'' ring;

- Sheldon wins an award at the University;

- When suffiring of stage fright, the rest of the gang is referred to the X-Men (or C-Men), as a team of individuals who have powers to help him with that issue;

- SimCity referrence (Sheldonopolis);

And those are only the ones I can remember, just by checking a list of episode titles.

So it's still kinda nerdy! ^_^

I agree that there are some episodes that really hit the nail on the head, as you brought up some from the few episodes I thoroughly enjoyed; The Einstein Approximation, The Excelsior Acquisition, The Precious Fragmentation.

The joke about the C-Men was funny, but the whole premise that Sheldon would have stage fright was just too out of character for me. Also I found the Jiminy Conjecture to be pretty disappointing since the entomologist at the end made several errors, such as stating he could classify every insect when of course not every insect has been discovered, or the fact that the insect in the terrarium he was claiming to be some sort of dung beetle was a Madagascar hissing cockroach. From a science-oriented show like BBT I thought that was pretty bad, at least have a species of beetle in the terrarium! I guess no one else is bothered by this but I’ve been a huge entomology enthusiast since I was 5 so this really bothered me that once they introduced an entomologist it was going to be such a let down. :(

Most of the other references are really just a quick reference or joke and then the rest of the episode goes on without any other good zingers. More and more of the jokes are falling flat, I just think its a shock since even in the less science oriented episodes of previous seasons they had my family and I belly laughing every other line.

Well, Irvine is right - there still has been plenty of geeky humour, though I also was disappointed with some of the episodes that focused entirely on relationship drama (like the Psychic Vortex or the Cornhusker Vortex).

But I really enjoyed the last couple of episodes, they had enough friendship-scenes and geek scenes. I've come to ignore the couple problems.

Gosh, I think that's a bit harsh. Leonard is really insecure. How'd you react if you told someone you loved them and they responded with "I'm not sure". Penny could have kuddled him, told him how much she cared about him or what ever right then in bed, still avoiding the L-word, if she was scared of it. But not just run away. And I really disagree with the "one year is far too short". C'mon, you can't be sleeping with someone for ONE YEAR and NOT have any feelings :icon_eek:

As I said, the end of the episode for me was totally open. Penny ran away, they could have talked it out, she explain that she needs more time with the word but still has deep feelings, Leonard feel a bit more secure.

But everybody oneline talks about the break up, even Wil Wheaton in his blog about the taping of the episode.

So I guess Irvine is right, they are "having a break" :)

Maybe your right and I’m a bit harsh on Leonard, this “I love you†scenario. Him seeming to get more insecure, as well as clingy, and making fun of Penny’s beliefs like in The Psychic Vortex, gets to me more because I just dealt with a guy who antagonized me about not being emotional enough when he wanted more than friendship, it ended badly. So it’s a sore subject at the moment.

If they do keep the relationship I would hope they would talk it out reasonably, I hate when they fight.

• 1 year later...

@sahhar I couldn't agree with you anymore, I'm tired of people comparing them to Ross/Rachel

For one according to the time line they've only gone out about 6 months who says I love you that earlier, Leonard is such a baby he says he loves her and when she doesn't say it back acts like a child, gosh he's such a insecure jerk now, instead of letting it go and waiting until she's ready and keeps pushing until she breaks up with him. I don't where people say L/P have chemistry they are dull, for the ones that say they don't see how slepping with someone for that long can't love them back well when that's all they do that happens, if they writers ever decide to get them back together they need to write better stories for them and make them belivelable couple and actual do couple things, and not just hump like rabbits all the time.

@TBBT what made you think that penny and Leonard will have kids in season 4 I could see down the road, especially when the just broke up

@TBBT what made you think that penny and Leonard will have kids in season 4 I could see down the road, especially when the just broke up you want them to stay together because you want her to have an unplanned pregnancy and the only reason she's still with him is because if the baby, now you're just making stuff up

Whats up with Leonard he tells her he loves her then pushes and she breaks up with him and he just let's her walk away like that

Now the show can get back to it's premise