908 'The Mystery Date Observation' (November 12)

Tensor

very good+, funny.

like stephen (dave) he stole the show, when amy talk about

sheldon being her former bf, and when leonard came to see 

the car was hit.

love the call back to season #3 with L/P in the kitchen with the

french toast, and oatmeal.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I wonder how Sheldon would react to the unending adulation that Dave would give him if they were to meet?  Would he get creeped out eventually??

I would say no.  But maybe if it was years...then possibly...

• Like 2

After The Bachelor Party Corrosion, which is the best episode for me in this season I didn't expect we get such a cheerful, light, oldschool episode so fast, in this kingdom of melodrama. No doubt - 9x09 is even better than 9x03, ha! I didn't remember when I was laughing almost whole episode of TBBT. Almost everything was pure gold in this one!:)

After this one I fell from my chair: "it's why i left England, remind me too much of her: cold, gloomy and easily access by a Frenchman through a tunnel"xD

After this I fell from my chair and started to roll over the floor: "you certainly seem like a special lady, but as you know u missed the deadline, so thanks for playing" and close the door.:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

So many great jokes, phrases, good, old group interactions, zero of melodrama, Sheldon is seemed like Sheldon in this one. Dear writers - I want to see more episodes like this one, and I think I am not only with this wish!:icon_wink:

What I must add - I didn't expect nothing special from Dave - Steve Merchant, but now, ha! He fits so well in this tv show! I think he felt good in it and I really want to see him in more episodes interacting with our beloved four guys (more great jokes ahead I feel^^).

As for me season 9 till now is poor and hard to watch, because of unnecessary Shamy drama which covers all good jokes from earlier episodes, but after this one my old enthusiasm about this tv show came back :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tomasina said:

Raj should have chased after her. 

I agree.  I don't hate Emily but she still has not bonded to the girls and they have made her too creepy, so much so that I don't think they can change her back to less creepy.  I think Vanessa should show up as a grad student at Cal Tech.  They could ever have her tell the guys she tried to be Americans top model but didn't make it because she is really a big nerd and so she decided to get her PH.D.  She could end up with Raj and they could make her a big nerd, as bad as the guys. 

Sheldon doesnt want Amy or any girlfriend.  What he wants is a fangirl.  Until he learns to give as well as take he  should remain off the market.

Also "short , dully and needy" describes  Leonard.  So yeah opposites attract.

42 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I agree.  I don't hate Emily but she still has not bonded to the girls and they have made her too creepy, so much so that I don't think they can change her back to less creepy.  

Honestly I like Emily.  She's the kind of girl I would date.

BUT she's not really compatible with Raj. I expect Raj would have broken up if he wasnt so scared,  both of her and off being alone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jester said:

Sheldon doesnt want Amy or any girlfriend.  What he wants is a fangirl.  Until he learns to give as well as take he  should remain off the market.

Also "short , dully and needy" describes  Leonard.  So yeah opposites attract.

Honestly I like Emily.  She's the kind of girl I would date.

BUT she's not really compatible with Raj. I expect Raj would have broken up if he wasnt so scared,  both of her and off being alone.

You obviousley need to re watch the show, if you think short, dully, and needy describes Leonard. More brave, appealing, and loyal. Never understood this thing that Leonard is needy, that never came across to me at all. Besides if it is ever perceived Leonard is needy. Would have to do with the fact, he never received love or comfort from his mother. So some times he over compensates. But that is understandable considering how cold and distant his mother was, but that is just me. TBH I always Sheldon more needy. Besides this episode dispelled your description. When Penny and Bernadette were like wheres Leonard? He was no where to be seen. Now if Leonard was as needy as you say, he would of stayed, and be like don't leave me! lol. But he didn't he was fine on his own. While he may have showed characteristics in the past, he has clearly out grown them. As the years have gone by, Penny has filled that void. Hence why he is no longer coming across needy.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

I have to be honest, as far as Sheldon and Amy's motivations go as far as the breakup goes, I think TPTB have done a sufficient enough job in getting across WHY they have done what they have done, and what they are thinking.

With that praise out of the way.  I AM SICK OF THIS STORYLINE being relevant in episode after episode after episode after episode.  It's getting to the point where it's just a notch below The Simpsons Poochie (Homer: when Poochie's not on screen, all the other characters should stop and ask, "Where's Poochie?") in terms of Sheldon and Amy not being able to go one storyline without having the breakup being related to one of these two characters predicament.

This is now the NINTH EPISODE in a row where we are again REMINDED that Sheldon and Amy in their specific stories are broken up, and it's OLD.  It would not kill this show to go ONE EPISODE without bringing up the damn breakup as it relates to those 2 characters.  Lenny, Howardette, and Racy (is that Raj-Lucy's ship name?) have all gone an episode or 2 without having their breakups being brought up as it related to those characters, I see absolutely NO REASON Shamy shouldn't be able to do this.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Oh..yes, he does!!! LOL

I don't see it personally. The show are always painting him as a clueless idiot when it comes to romance haha. Not a stud at all. Pretty skinny too. But hey he's not my type! :D.

53 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

I have to be honest, as far as Sheldon and Amy's motivations go as far as the breakup goes, I think TPTB have done a sufficient enough job in getting across WHY they have done what they have done, and what they are thinking.

With that praise out of the way.  I AM SICK OF THIS STORYLINE being relevant in episode after episode after episode after episode.  It's getting to the point where it's just a notch below The Simpsons Poochie (Homer: when Poochie's not on screen, all the other characters should stop and ask, "Where's Poochie?") in terms of Sheldon and Amy not being able to go one storyline without having the breakup being related to one of these two characters predicament.

This is now the NINTH EPISODE in a row where we are again REMINDED that Sheldon and Amy in their specific stories are broken up, and it's OLD.  It would not kill this show to go ONE EPISODE without bringing up the damn breakup as it relates to those 2 characters.  Lenny, Howardette, and Racy (is that Raj-Lucy's ship name?) have all gone an episode or 2 without having their breakups being brought up as it related to those characters, I see absolutely NO REASON Shamy shouldn't be able to do this.

Nailed it :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meka3000 said:

I agree with your first paragraph.

With regard to the story line I think we have had some really good episodes so I don't find the break up storyline bothersome at all. I have actually enjoyed it. It lasted longer than I expected but it has been a lot of fun.  The only downer is that so many people on here seem to live or die based on the status of shamy and lenny. That kind of sucks.

edit

Don't really watch the Simpsons. No idea what Poochie is.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I agree with your first paragraph.

With regard to the story line I think we have had some really good episodes so I don't find the break up storyline bothersome at all. I have actually enjoyed it. It lasted longer than I expected but it has been a lot of fun.  The only downer is that so many people on here seem to live or die based on the status of shamy and lenny. That kind of sucks.

edit

Don't really watch the Simpsons. No idea what Poochie is.

Poochie was a character that was added to the show The Itchy and Scratchy show. To combat stagnitism. General thing you do when ratings go dow, jumping the shark e.t.c.

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

You obviousley need to re watch the show, if you think short, dully, and needy describes Leonard. More brave, appealing, and loyal. Never understood this thing that Leonard is needy, that never came across to me at all. Besides if it is ever perceived Leonard is needy. Would have to do with the fact, he never received love or comfort from his mother. So some times he over compensates. But that is understandable considering how cold and distant his mother was, but that is just me. TBH I always Sheldon more needy. Besides this episode dispelled your description. When Penny and Bernadette were like wheres Leonard? He was no where to be seen. Now if Leonard was as needy as you say, he would of stayed, and be like don't leave me! lol. But he didn't he was fine on his own. While he may have showed characteristics in the past, he has clearly out grown them. As the years have gone by, Penny has filled that void. Hence why he is no longer coming across needy.

Ok so he's short and dull.  :-)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

well, I for one applaud you for going spoiler free. I would never be able to do it. And, yes, this episode does give us more insight as to why Amy wanted to end things. She got tired but unfortunately for her... Dave turned out to love Sheldon. Poor girl, just can't escape the Sheldon factor :)  ( not that I want her too) 

Thank you. :shy: It's difficult for me (luckily, I have 3 other girls who are going spoiler-free with me, I couldn't do it alone, haha), but I think it will pay off. I loved witnessing the S8 finale live. The moment the show opens, BAM, Shamy are kissing. And then to find out Sheldon has an engagement ring. Holy balls, I'll never forget that moment. I want to experience that feeling again, of just pure shock and euphoria. I'm quite the emotional person, so this break up has been hard on me. But it will be worth it! I keep envisioning the moment they're back together, and it's beautiful. I just hope I don't have to wait much longer. After both Sheldon and Amy ended this episode single, and the fact the footage of Sheldon's meltdown is somewhere out there, and HE TOLD HER to watch it, I feel like we're about to see the climax of this story. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. :P

• Like 2

8 hours ago, meka3000 said:

The amount and length and references have felt just right to me.  Too short a story line would have felt short-changed, too little mention would have made it seem less important to not only Sheldon and Amy, but to their friends as well.  As for referencing it in every episode, why wouldn't they?  It's not something to be swept under the rug.  It's a major upheaval for both of them and it affects the group dynamic, so it affects what they do and how or with whom things are done.

I don't think there's too much of it.

• Like 4