908 'The Mystery Date Observation' (November 12)

Tensor

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

Just watched it again. No idea why not caring about Shamy should have anything to do with enjoying this episode or why it would be boring.

Also when I recall 9x05    The Perspiration Implementation I'm thinking about exercise, fencing lessons and comic book store stuff and Sheldon attempting to pick up someone. There was references to Princess Bride and Star Wars. I watched it again. Really the only serious bit was at the end. I'd say a small part. Maybe it is just a different perspective. I don't really care about that relationship bit so I focus more an what I enjoy.

e18fa5a6888dbc7f19f99eab903b3b9b.jpg

The storyline of the break up. Not this episode.

4 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

I don't ship them AT ALL.....but "Shanessa" sounds and rolls off the tongue better.

Sheldon, amy, and Vanessa?   Hmmmmmm......Stephen, here's a fan fic just waiting to happen.  

• Like 3

ok episode.... utterly predictable thought...... would have been better if sheldon and amy rejected their dates inspite of their dates being perfect them.....

any way it was good to see sheldon and leonard being appreciated for their geniuses...... 

all we see is their "girlfriends and wifes" rag on them continuously...never showing any kind of appreciation.....

see how easily was penny going to ditch leonard ......and how many times she was downgrading him.....

4 hours ago, vasu said:

-all we see is their "girlfriends and wifes" rag on them continuously...never showing any kind of appreciation.....

-see how easily was penny going to ditch leonard ......and how many times she was downgrading him.....

-except for when they do, but then you WILLFULLY acknowledging that would defeat the purpose of your never ending strawman arguments that almost never have any nuance.

-she was caught between a rock and a hard place not mention she wasn't driving., and she constantly asked what about Leonard, easily would be her not mentioning him at all. But again you WILLFULLY ignore that.

-Again playful teasing. Something significant others have been doing in sitcoms for DECADES.

Edited by meka3000

Oh I hated this last epidose (9.), I hated it with all my heart !!!
It´s so discouraging, I think I wil NEVER more see this TV show.
My family, my friends and I, we are so disappointed with Sheldon and Amy interaction.
I hated the way he humiliate her, after she give him a new chance!
I feel so anger! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Grrrr, Grrrr and more Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

22 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Seriously?  I just said "NOBODY IS BETTER THAN SHAMY!!  That means Shamy is the best in my heart.

Stephen, how many drinks have you had today?:sarcastichand:

I meant, who is "Shanessa" better than?

You said " but "Shanessa" sounds and rolls off the tongue better."

Better than what/who?

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I meant, who is "Shanessa" better than?

You said " but "Shanessa" sounds and rolls off the tongue better."

Better than what/who?

Ooohhhh....SRAM started off by saying he kinda ships "Shelnessa" and I said "Shanessa" rolls off the tongue and sounds better.

• Tripper unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent jokes throughout, both verbal and visual - like when Bernadette handed Leonard the urine bottle!

But I wasn't so happy about some storylines. Leonard and Penny are supposed to be happy together, but they've nothing better to do with their evening than spy on Amy's date and see a boring documentary? It looks as though Leonard may think he doesn't need to try any longer - I do hope that doesn't mean the writers are planning to break them up AGAIN.

It was pretty obvious why Dave's wife left him, but I didn't find his male Ramona attitude believable. Scientists don't get crushes like that - leave that to the humanities. Attending a seminar is the consummation of scientific fandom. When Sheldon begged Howard to get him to meet Hawking, S had a paper he wanted Hawking to look at. Dave isn't in that position. Incidentally, remember no-one at CalTech would come to Sheldon's lectures - a prophet without honour in his own land.

Amy's looking better - why wasn't poor old Sheldon worth the purple dress?

I thought the Vanessa joke was too rushed. It's a traditional shaggy dog story type of joke that needs to take its time. If Sheldon had asked Vanessa in and sat her down at table and taken her through his ridiculously difficult tests with V getting a bit more excited as she passed each test, and only after she had triumphantly passed telling her she was rejected for being a minute  late, it would have had more impact (as well as giving H & R a chance to leer at her - they're good at that). As it was, the fact that S didn't ask her in pretty much revealed that he was going to turn her down.

I'd like Raj to meet Vanessa coincidentally, they could talk and laugh about Sheldon first and meet again another time...develop a friendship ans discover there is more between them.

She would be the perfect girlfriend for him.

And she fits in the gang perfectly.

Rajessa!

On 13/11/2015, 02:12:58, jenafan said:

Bernadette who was so uncomfortable with spying in a prior season is now an expert at it.   Scratching head here.

Quite. Also why was Penny behaving so childishly about it? In the episodes you refer to Amy wanted them all to spy on and bully Priya, and Penny formed a grown-up relationship with Priya and disdained Amy's childishness. Here she, as well as Bernadette, seemed to have regressed in that respect.

• Like 1