The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

909 'The Platonic Permutation' (November 19)

The Platonic Permutation - Season 9, Episode 9

Airs Thursday, November 19 at 8/7c on CBS

Sheldon and Amy try hanging out as friends when they spend Thanksgiving together at the Aquarium.   Also, Wolowitz reluctantly agrees to volunteer at the soup kitchen with Bernadette, Raj, and Emily, and Penny discovers that Leonard knows more about her than she thought.

Elon Musk appears as himself. 

Rate the Episode

• Like 3

I have only been able to get the thumnail size of photos from CBS on this episode thus far, but hope to have larger ones up soon. The thumbnail size are up however, for those who really want to see them before the big version are out.  See them in the Production Journal for this episode.  I will update to larger size as soon as the links work and I can get to them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Thank you but all of the videos on your site always come up "This video is not available" for me.

Hmmm...they are always from CBS...are you out of country?  Maybe they have a restriction that I have no control over sadly. :cry:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stardustmelody said:

Hmmm...they are always from CBS...are you out of country?  Maybe they have a restriction that I have no control over sadly. :cry:

Yup I'm in Scotland but thanks for letting me know that it was up, was able to find it copied onto another site that I could view :)

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎8‎:‎41‎:‎13‎, Kasey said:

Took a picture from my TV...

WP_20151112_001.jpg

Hi Lover love that line:icon_razz:

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to this episode.  A while back, Mayim posted on facebook about an episode with a lot of Shamy goodness and I have a feeling it was this one.  Anyway, we will see.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BazingaFan said:

I'm looking forward to this episode.  A while back, Mayim posted on facebook about an episode with a lot of Shamy goodness and I have a feeling it was this one.  Anyway, we will see.

You are correct this is the episode that was filmed the week she posted that status :) 

Good episode love the Lenny cuteness and the high five they gave each other in the opening scene

• Like 4

Loved the Lenny and the Howardette, Ramily.  Leonard really has some moves. 

Having three storylines means things are way too choppy and too much left in the air or undone.

• Like 4

I enjoyed the all 3 story lines, enjoyed seeing Sheldon not so sad and Leonard was cute as a slutty carrot

• Like 3

Very good episode.

Thought the Lenny goodness was over the top tonight. Love scenes with them alone together. They were sweet and funny.  Leonard stole the show. You slutty dancing carrot you!

Soup kitchen part was ok. Thought Howard was funny. Don't understand why Emily is on the show with just a couple lines. Hope they show more of Raj and her together soon. They need to resolve Raj's fears about their relationship, one way or the other.

Thought Sheldon and Amy were cute together for the most part. You could tell they miss each other. Ending was sad. The former robotic like Sheldon really was emotionally hurt by Amy breaking up with him and it showed in that scene.

• Like 5

This was my favorite episode of this season so far! Howard gets a gold star - he had some hilarious lines! Talking to Siri in Raj's voice, fanboying over Elon Musk, and "6 hours?! I don't want to complain that long!" 

Lenny was cuteness perfection! (omfg Johnny!!!)

And oh, my shamy <3 Seriously, Mayim had me in tears! 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Kasey said:

Having three storylines means things are way too choppy and too much left in the air or undone.

Agreed. The Howdette/Rajily storyline was way too choppy and the lingerie scene at the end was cut short. On a side note they had two episodes now this season with Emily not acting psycho.

• Like 3

Lenny stole the episode for me. While I felt really bad for Amy, you dick Sheldon lol. I don't think it was necessary. Should of cut some of the Shamy storyline out. And kept Howards Where are you going sexy. It was a very funny episode, kinda halted a bit because of the ending. But one thing Give Simon his Emmy!!! He had me cracking up the entire episode. But this is the Mr and Mrs Hofstadter I have always invisioned since day one. They have always been IMO the best part of the show. And what TBBT is all about. The combination of Penny's street smart, and Leonard's book smart. When played off is just hilarious. Watching the scene, you can so see the real chemistry between Johnny and Kaley. Johnnys actually lost a lot of weight, and looks pretty toned. I really liked Emily in this one. They are toning down her wicked streak, and enjoyed her interaction with Bernadette. But wish they would explore her character a bit more. Kaley/Penny is looking sexy as hell. She is looking far better then last season. The way they are dressing her, shows off her curves nicely. And her hair style this season flatters her a lot better. I don't know just the whole feel of the show atm from my end, feels very refreshing. Season 8 felt like a show getting stale. Season 9 has seemed to breath new life into the show, with fresh, creative new storylines. I also loved the high five at the beginning. The way they are writing  Lenny atm as a team is just awesome, it reminded me of S2ish when Leonard would be like to Penny "I'll tell you later". That last scene was nearly as sad as S4 Justice League, when Penny looked at Leonard when Zac kissed her. Mayim is brilliant though, she deserves an Emmy for that scene alone. Overall I have not laughed so much at this show since Season 7. After Season 8, it is relieving to see BBT return to its former glory. I think this episode is only the second episode in the shows history. Where the episode ended with a dramatic pause, and no joke at the end. Season 2 finalie Penny by her door. And now Amy at the end of this episode.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 6

This episode was laugh out loud hilarious!

Leonard took the stage and stole the show tonight.   I loved the high-five with Lenny.   I enjoyed Leonard taunting Penny about not remembering his birthday and telling her that there is zero chance he will ever let her live it down.     I loved Leonard proudly dancing in the orange nighty, willingness to be embarrassed on FB, and their friends walking in on him.   Lenny are so much the married couple, and I love their bickering back and forth.    It is so adorable.

I loved the way Emily grabbed Raj's hand to pull him into the soup kitchen.   I'm glad they are playing down her creepiness.

Howard was funny with the Siri and his Raj come backs.   I felt nothing for Bernie.   Sorry.

It was good to see Shamy smiling and having fun together, but I could sense that Amy was uncomfortable and the scene at the end would have killed me if I didn't know what is coming in the next episodes.    Having Lenny overhear Sheldon tell her that he wasn't good at getting over her and seeing Amy on the verge of tears did break me for a bit.

Johnny's acting tonight was on top of it.

• Like 9

^ Yeah am I the only one who is kinda wearing thin of Bernadette's snarkiness towards Howard? I mean its funny and all, but wheres the love lol? I mean she was like to Emily "Yeah him being an ass, he already did that for you". Your his wife man lol.

3 minutes ago, jenafan said:

This episode was laugh out loud hilarious!

Leonard took the stage and stole the show tonight.   I loved the high-five with Lenny.   I enjoyed Leonard taunting Penny about not remembering his birthday and telling her that there is zero chance he will ever let her live it down.     I loved Leonard proudly dancing in the orange nighty, willingness to be embarrassed on FB, and their friends walking in on him.   Lenny are so much the married couple, and I love their bickering back and forth.    It is so adorable.

I loved the way Emily grabbed Raj's hand to pull him into the soup kitchen.   I'm glad they are playing down her creepiness.

Howard was funny with the Siri and his Raj come backs.   I felt nothing for Bernie.   Sorry.

It was good to see Shamy smiling and having fun together, but I could sense that Amy was uncomfortable and the scene at the end would have killed me if I didn't know what is coming in the next episodes.    Having Lenny overhear Sheldon tell her that he wasn't good at getting over her and seeing Amy on the verge of tears did break me for a bit.

Johnny's acting tonight was on top of it.

Please say they are going to submit Johnny for an Emmy for this episode! haha.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Please say they are going to submit Johnny for an Emmy for this episode! haha.

I'd have to be honest and say that if I didn't know Shamy were reconciling, I'd could jump over to the Lenny ship very easily after tonight's performance.  Penny definitely married the right man.

• Like 5