Cast in other tv shows and movies

3ku11

I always find it intriguing when I see one of the cast in a project, tv show or movie before Big Bang. Has anyone seen any of the cast before Big Bang? Watching I Know What You Did Last Summer right now. And good old Galecki has a cameo haha. Kinda weird to see him play another character. Kinda forget he is an actor who's been in several movies and tv shows before Big Bang, of course Roseanne. I remember seeing Helberg in Old School, was like Wolowitz you son of a bitch lol. Of course Kaley in 8 Simple Rules and Charmed. Anyone else?

He was also in "Roseanne" as David who played the youngest daughter's boyfriend.  The youngest daughter was played by Sara Gilbert who also played Leslie Winkle.  Her characters name on "Roseanne" was Darlene Conner.

Laurie Metcalf who plays Mary Cooper, Sheldon's mom, was also on "Roseanne" as Jackie, Roseanne's sister.

During Zazzy (when Sheldon got all those cats) and they're walking down the hall to Sheldon's room?  I thought it was neat because I did NOT see "David & Jackie."  I saw Leonard & Mary.  They both played completely different characters and it showed.

• Like 2

Jim had a recurring role during the last season of Judging Amy, as a law clerk in her office.  He also appeared once, I believe, in another show whose name I can't recall.  He did some commercials, of course, but not a lot of TV work before big bang.

However, he was in Zach Braff's first film, and of course did lots of theater work before heading out to LA.

Then there's Mayim in Beaches, Blossom, and various guest roles on other shows over the years before she decided to go to college and then start a family.  I haven't followed her career, but I believe she did some guest roles here and there before big bang.

I remember seeing Simon in a brief role in a film called The TV Set.  He was an actor who had been cast as the star of a pilot, but when the studio suits saw him, they felt he was "too ethnic" or something like that.  I think he also appeared in a Dr. Pepper commercial, dancing down the street.

I once saw Galecki in a Hyundai commercial and Cuoco was in a series of Priceline.com ads alongside long-time Priceline spokesman William Shatner.  Parsons has done some commercials for HP in addition to guest-hosting "Saturday Night Live".  Kunal Nayyar was once on the recent CW revival of the sketch comedy show "Whose Line is it Anyway?"

My mom used to watch Roseanne all the time back in the day. Johnny's character David was one of our favorites.

I remember Simon Helberg from Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog.

And Kaley! Does anyone remember the old Disney Channel movie Alley Cats Strike? Because I loved that movie. Around the same time she was in the tv movie Growing Up Brady, where she played Maureen McCormick. Looking back on it, that was a pretty good casting choice. (Not as good as the casting choices for The Brady Bunch Movie, but I quibble.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Who, or what, is "KChuh.gif 

I assume Kaley Cuoco.

Anyways I watched Christmas Vacation with the family on Thanksgiving, and I was SHOCKED to see that Johnny Galecki himself was playing Russ Griswold in that movie, he was in his teen years I think.  Every time he rolls his eyes at his dad's (Clark Griswold) ridiculous Christmas ideas, in the back of my mind I'm thinking "This was PRACTICE for Johnny to prepare him for a role in a sitcom where he would groan/rolls his eyes CONSTANTLY at a certain future roommate." :icon_cheesygrin: