The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
katzinhatz1

Shamy proposal

Um, so I've never started a thread before (lol awkward), but now that Shamy is back together (insert cheering), I was wondering when all of you think they will get engaged? My bet is episode 11 (although if history tells us anything, it's that I stink at making predictions) b/c Sheldon was planning to propose to Amy in episode 7 anyways, despite being broke up. He knew she was endgame even after they were over (IMO). Plus it would show Amy immediately that Sheldon does put her first, and would put any question she had about his commitment level to rest. I also think that the promo that was posted earlier about the star wars bbt episode described itself in a way that could have sheldon proposing to Amy. Other possibilities are episode 200 or the season 9 finale, but I'm sticking to my answer. Let me know what you all think. Thanks.

Also I think at some point, Amy will either find out about the ring from either sheldon or one of her friends. Penny and bernadette (especially penny) are huge gossips. I hope sheldon is the one to tell her about the ring, but either way, I feel she will find out about it very soon

Edited by katzinhatz1
christmas reasoning + ep 11 promo
  • Like 1

Since I believe they'll get married in 1002, my guess is somewhere between 910 and 917. If the engagement is in 917, that'll be too easy to predict. Also I want the whole group to do something special in 917, not just Shamy. And if it's in the season finale, there won't be enough time to prepare for the wedding.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the 200th episode which I believe falls in February. Could make for a very sweet Valentine's Day surprise.

42 minutes ago, Flaky said:

I'm guessing the 200th episode which I believe falls in February. Could make for a very sweet Valentine's Day surprise.

That is a good point. Episode 17 of this season is the 200th episode I think, which is around (but may or may not be Valentine's day) so something could happen then. I don't think we will have too long a wait til the proposal but we will see

9 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Since I believe they'll get married in 1002, my guess is somewhere between 910 and 917. If the engagement is in 917, that'll be too easy to predict. Also I want the whole group to do something special in 917, not just Shamy. And if it's in the season finale, there won't be enough time to prepare for the wedding.

Yeah I see your point. The show is only guaranteed til season 10 I think (correct me if I'm wrong btw) so they can't sit on the proposal too long (unless they wait til the series finale to marry shamy). I hope they handle shamy's wedding better than lenny's. I was very disappointed with lenny's wedding, so I hope they take the time to at least do shamy's right. 

• Like 2

I'm gonna guess ep11-12. If not, then maybe the 200th ep. Right now I have a feeling that we don't have to wait much longer, it's coming! 

8 hours ago, katzinhatz1 said:

Yeah I see your point. The show is only guaranteed til season 10 I think (correct me if I'm wrong btw) so they can't sit on the proposal too long (unless they wait til the series finale to marry shamy). I hope they handle shamy's wedding better than lenny's. I was very disappointed with lenny's wedding, so I hope they take the time to at least do shamy's right. 

Yeah it would be nice to have a proper wedding this time. And Amy as a bride planning her wedding could be hilarious!

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 4

They are both old-fashioned persons, I guess they now feel both like half-married, despite of the break. They are as friends really bound in life, I can't imagine they could forget it so easily, they are sensible and have friends to remind them, Sheldon will sell himself for the ring, he is a proud one, he won't let it fall.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Agreed. It's the perfect place.

I always thought that would have been a great place for the reconciliation. That they both were moping there at the same time and met

22 hours ago, Sshrews said:

dunno when, but where?

I say the coffee shop where they met

This. On the 200th episode 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Amy Fowler said:

This. On the 200th episode 

You know what? That's pretty interesting. It would be a little obvious getting them engaged in the 200th episode, but it could still be the route the writers go. If you remember in the 100th episode, they reunited lenny in the same place they met, and wore the same clothes as when they first met too. I wouldn't be surprised if episode 200 goes down that same route (sheldon proposes in the same place as where he meets Amy and they both wear the same clothes). Personally I'm still going with my guess, but this would be interesting. That's a good call

• Like 1

I think they will get engaged in Ep 9.11, mainly because of the guest cast of WW and PP, but also because I don't think Sheldon is going to wait to propose.   He already knows he wants Amy as his wife.  So, there is really no reason to stall.   Their reconciliation is not some trial run they need to go through again.    I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes his Xmas present to Amy this year, a way to tie the Holidays he has always hated to the miracle that he got his woman back.   It would also be a means for him to finally do away with all the scars the Holidays have ever caused him in the past by attaching a fond memory to focus on instead.

Regarding the wedding, I see it being more traditional with Amy wearing her tiara.    I always thought it would be nice if they had the wedding in Texas, in Mary's home with Sheldon's Meemaw in attendance.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, katzinhatz1 said:

You know what? That's pretty interesting. It would be a little obvious getting them engaged in the 200th episode, but it could still be the route the writers go. If you remember in the 100th episode, they reunited lenny in the same place they met, and wore the same clothes as when they first met too. I wouldn't be surprised if episode 200 goes down that same route (sheldon proposes in the same place as where he meets Amy and they both wear the same clothes). Personally I'm still going with my guess, but this would be interesting. That's a good call

Well the writers do love parallels!

• Like 2

I really hope it's not the plot of the 200th episode tbh :/

I would prefer a group episode for that one, something a little out of the ordinary like they did with the 'sliding doors' thing in the 100th episode :)

Edited to add: I can see it being the Christmas present too!

Edited by Einstein Von Brainstorm
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, jenafan said:

Regarding he wedding, I see it being more traditional with Amy wearing her tiara.    I always thought it would be nice if they had the wedding in Texas, in Mary's home with Sheldon's Meemaw in attendance.

Oh she has to wear the tiara. Also the wedding would be a perfect opportunity to meet Sheldon's meemaw! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Cécile Dull said:

They could marry in Disneyland.

1.560.jpg

The person 2nd to the left looks a lot like Bernadette. But yeah Disneyland would be interesting (of course as long as sheldon doesn't go on space mountain first; let's see how many of you get that reference)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, katzinhatz1 said:

let's see how many of you get that reference

Well, we wouldn't want Amy getting married, with churro puke on her shoes, would we? :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Well, we wouldn't want Amy getting married, with churro puke on her shoes, would we? :icon_biggrin: 

Disneyland is a very clean place, painted quite every day, no germs in Disneyland... and so many people are payed to be well dressed, who wouldn't like to join here???

Edited by Cécile Dull

6 minutes ago, Cécile Dull said:

Disneyland is a very clean place, painted quite every day

That does prevent Sheldon from vomiting on your shoes, after he's eaten Churros, and ridden on Space Mountain. :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

That does prevent Sheldon from vomiting on your shoes, after he's eaten Churros, and ridden on Space Mountain. :icon_biggrin: 

I guess that Sheldon won't marry me... lol

My guess is 9.11. I think the episode will air when the new Star Wars movie comes out, so here's my guess: Sheldon is planning to go and watch the movie. The night before Arthur appears as Obi Wan in his dream and helps him to realize that instead of "spending his limited time on earth" watching Star Wars there are more important things to take care of. Of course Sheldon won't need much persuasion and knows what to do. He picks Amy up (yes, she agreed to come along), but they don't go to the cinema. He takes her out to a romantic dinner (not sure where) and when they are back home he will propose. :-)

Okay, I know WW is missing in this scenario, but since it is only my dream version that's okay . ;-D

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

What do we get as a prize if one of us is right?! :icon_cheesygrin:

A kitty sticker that says: me-wow?

• Like 7