• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To quote Penny again:- HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER!   Looks like my latest one-shot, has just become AU.  

I think they will get engaged in Ep 9.11, mainly because of the guest cast of WW and PP, but also because I don't think Sheldon is going to wait to propose.   He already knows he wants Amy as his wife

A kitty sticker that says: me-wow?

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I haven't read the latest one. :blush: 

So, to quote Penny:-

All right, try thinking about this. Sheldon and Amy had sex.

Wow...you missed that one? 

• 2 weeks later...

8x24 was just on TV and I realised that when Sheldon Skypes Amy at the end of the episode it looks like he was going to propose, don't think that I spotted that last time, was too distracted by the break up I guess.

The ring was in his desk instead of the wall safe and he starts the discussion by saying:

Sheldon: Hello. Listen, I’ve been thinking a lot about relationships and how difficult they can be, and I think…

So he was going to ask her to marry him over Skype? *head desk* 

I wonder if he has learned from the breakup that perhaps next time he asks that he should maybe put in a little effort? :superstition:

7 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

8x24 was just on TV and I realised that when Sheldon Skypes Amy at the end of the episode it looks like he was going to propose, don't think that I spotted that last time, was too distracted by the break up I guess.

The ring was in his desk instead of the wall safe and he starts the discussion by saying:

So he was going to ask her to marry him over Skype? *head desk* 

I wonder if he has learned from the breakup that perhaps next time he asks that he should maybe put in a little effort? :superstition:

I personally never thought he was going to propose over Skype....I think he was just trying to get her to talk to him after the anniversary date ended so badly.  To have another chance...to make it right.

I do think he was going to propose that evening, that's why it was nearby in the desk drawer.

Also remember, we didn't know about the wall safe then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

judging by the route they went down in episode 12, it seems like the writers are intent on making a couple of light-hearted episodes for awhile to balance out the drama from the previous episodes. i wouldn't be surprised for the proposal to appear in ep 17 now

17 hours ago, katzinhatz1 said:

judging by the route they went down in episode 12, it seems like the writers are intent on making a couple of light-hearted episodes for awhile to balance out the drama from the previous episodes. i wouldn't be surprised for the proposal to appear in ep 17 now

I'm gonna revise my guess to 16, just to be different :icon_cheesygrin:

29 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I'm still expecting the proposal in episode 17, the 200th.

That gives them 8 episodes, to prepare for the wedding.

You are presuming that they are gonna have the wedding when Amy predicted though, that may have been a throw away joke. It would be really cute if they did go that route though!

I was thinking that the proposal would come on the heels of the reconciliation, doesn't look like they're going that way though :icon_neutral: 

I'd rather they didn't have the 200th be about Shamy, would like to see equal time given to all 7 main characters :( 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

You are presuming that they are gonna have the wedding when Amy predicted though, that may have been a throw away joke. It would be really cute if they did go that route though!

I was thinking that the proposal would come on the heels of the reconciliation, doesn't look like they're going that way though :icon_neutral: 

I'd rather they didn't have the 200th be about Shamy, would like to see equal time given to all 7 main characters :( 

Well it might be a throw away joke back then but after what happened in this season, I think the writers have plans to get them married at the beginning of season 10. Otherwise they would've let the break up happen later or drag it till the end of this season. Or it's just my wishful thinking because if engagement, marriage and moving in together all happen in the 14 episodes left till 10.02, it'll be a little too fast regarding how painfully slow Shamy used to be. Sigh...

Finger crossed engagement will happen sooner than later and please writers, don't do that Ross&Rachel thing to Shamy. I don't want to be told "Then they live happily ever after", I want to see it myself!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Well it might be a throw away joke back then but after what happened in this season, I think the writers have plans to get them married at the beginning of season 10. Otherwise they would've let the break up happen later or drag it till the end of this season. Or it's just my wishful thinking because if engagement, marriage and moving in together all happen in the 14 episodes left till 10.02, it'll be a little too fast regarding how painfully slow Shamy used to be. Sigh...

Finger crossed engagement will happen sooner than later and please writers, don't do that Ross&Rachel thing to Shamy. I don't want to be told "Then they live happily ever after", I want to see it myself!

It would seem a little fast to me, I see it more as the end of s10 BUT that doesn't necessarily meant that it won't hit Amy's prediction, after all the start of this season skipped the time jump and had six months spread over 9 episodes. How I met your Mother had an entire season last just one weekend, so they could have the wedding at any point and have Amy declare that she was spot on :) 

12 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Episode 17 is fairly near the end.

Yes, it is, but at this point it's too predictable if it happens on the 200th episode. The writers tend to take the audience by surprise, in the interview about 9.11, Molaro underlined they decided to make intimacy happen soon after the reconciliation just because the audience wouldn't expect that (apart the fact he spilled the beans by himself, but that's another story...) So, my guess is the ring will appear again not in a "huge" episode, like the 200th or the season finale, either of them are really predictable...It will be a "normal" sweep episode in February or, more likely, in the last part of the season, for me.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

I still don't think we'll have to wait for the proposal much longer. I guessed ep 11-12, but I'm gonna change that to 14-15. Sheldon really has no reason to wait, he has the ring, they are now back together and happy, I think he's just waiting for the right time. Also I'm skeptical about the proposal on 200th episode, I still think that'll be about something completely different. Of course i might be proven wrong once again, but it's fun to speculate! 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bluebird said:

I still don't think we'll have to wait for the proposal much longer. I guessed ep 11-12, but I'm gonna change that to 14-15. Sheldon really has no reason to wait, he has the ring, they are now back together and happy, I think he's just waiting for the right time. Also I'm skeptical about the proposal on 200th episode, I still think that'll be about something completely different. Of course i might be proven wrong once again, but it's fun to speculate! 

The only reason I can think that he would want to wait is to see how he does as the 'new and improved' Sheldon, maybe he wants to wait and make sure that the old issues aren't still there before he proceeds?

I can also see a humorous fail (or two) before he manages to give her the ring :)

... Still predicting before the 200th and Amy beating him to the punch just for the record :wink: 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2015 at 10:16 AM, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

It would seem a little fast to me, I see it more as the end of s10 BUT that doesn't necessarily meant that it won't hit Amy's prediction, after all the start of this season skipped the time jump and had six months spread over 9 episodes. How I met your Mother had an entire season last just one weekend, so they could have the wedding at any point and have Amy declare that she was spot on :) 

i don't see it fast at all. I got engaged after 2 weeks and married 6 months later.  and my real unconventional proposal was used in one of my stories. If you know what you want, why beat around the bush???? btw- that was 19 years ago! 

Edited by kelliluvtbbt
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

i don't see it fast at all. I got engaged after 2 weeks and married 6 months later.  and my real unconventional proposal was used in one of my stories. If you know what you want, why beat around the bush???? btw- that was 19 years ago! 

That's really sweet :)

BUT this is a TV show and they have to sort of drag it out a bit... well at least I thought they did but then they went and married Lenny in 9x01 when there were (likely) 3 seasons left so wtf do I know? :rofl: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

That's really sweet :)

BUT this is a TV show and they have to sort of drag it out a bit... well at least I thought they did but then they went and married Lenny in 9x01 when there were (likely) 3 seasons left so wtf do I know? :rofl: 

I guess, it all depends on how many seasons they will actually do and what other stories the writers are thinking of tackling. 

thank you :) 

27 minutes ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

I guess, it all depends on how many seasons they will actually do and what other stories the writers are thinking of tackling. 

thank you :) 

Well after the 'pull the trigger' interview from Molaro recently I'm starting to think that they have no intention of making any of the long running story lines 'last' (for lack of a better description) they're fine to wrap up certain things when it seems right and move on creatively, I think (if my assessment is right) that shows they have tremendous confidence in the show and their writing team :) 

• Like 1