The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
No Regrets

[Spoilers] Lenny & Shamy - The Neutral Zone

Ah, it's so comfortable here in the harmony thread for a sensitive plant like me.
*imagine Sheldon sitting on the couch for the first time and findig his 0-0-0-0*

I think the writers could really go that huge step to change the central Leonard-Penny-Sheldon story arc to a two couple setting. It would also reduce the number of story plots needed to be integrated in the episodes because Amy would be in the sack in 4A/4B scenes.
They recently seem to get bolder and bolder with developments and I think they are capable of keeping it funny. On the other hand, I doubt that they are planning to make Amy a main character like "the big three".

• Like 4

I'd like to see different combinations of alliances over negotiating the new living arrangements.  Several times the show has set up situations where it seemed like Amy and Leonard would be natural allies and then switched that up at the last minute.  I'd like to see them play with that dynamic a little more.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Boonaroma said:

I'd like to see different combinations of alliances over negotiating the new living arrangements.  Several times the show has set up situations where it seemed like Amy and Leonard would be natural allies and then switched that up at the last minute.  I'd like to see them play with that dynamic a little more.

I also love that Amy doesn't seem to like Leonard that much for no apparent reason!

The conversation in the wine bar was golden! 

Leonard: You and I never hang out like this. Why is that?
Amy: I know, it's weird, right?
Leonard: Yeah, we should do it more often.
Amy: Oh, no. I mean this is weird right now.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I also love that Amy doesn't seem to like Leonard that much for no apparent reason!

The conversation in the wine bar was golden! 

Leonard: You and I never hang out like this. Why is that?
Amy: I know, it's weird, right?
Leonard: Yeah, we should do it more often.
Amy: Oh, no. I mean this is weird right now.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

lol I find the awkwardness in their interactions hilarious. Please more of that!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, April said:

lol I find the awkwardness in their interactions hilarious. Please more of that!

Haha, yes for more.....

misc_068.gif.decdbeaa2c8d835a7121f59c338

:shy:

• Like 7

YEY for this thread!!!

For so long I've wanted to discuss about the main couples in a good spirit, but every time I go to Discussion thread there's a some sort of war going on. I get that people are upset, but what I don't get is that why one feels the need to take it on other people. I just can't understand the hostility nor want to a part of it. I might be a hc Shamy shipper, but I like Lenny a lot too. So this thread is just great, thank you for creating it No Regrets!

On 19.11.2015 at 4:26 PM, No Regrets said:

I'm excited about these upcoming episodes because it's bound to change the dynamic so much! Now that Sheldon has taken the next step with Amy (yay!), I hope they're gonna move in together. One, because why the hell not? He wants to marry her. Seems like a logical step. And two, because Lenny could live alone together AND there'd be more Penny & Amy scenes (love them together since Amy's girl crush on Penny is one of my favorite things to watch - it's hysterical when Amy semi-flirts with Penny).

I'm hoping there would be a change in the living arrangements next. I can't see any reason why not.  I can see a lot of comedy that could come out off this whole situation.

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 5

What do you think are the plots for the 200th episode? Because the writers surprised me over and over with the recent developments I think they will do nothing people expect. Especially no Shamy proposal or moving together. After so much Shamy in the last episodes I don't think the special plot will be a Shamy plot. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Lionne said:

I think that the 200th will focus on both Lenny and Shamy by dealing, at least, with the living arrangement issue and having Leonard finally move out. We saw that they almost did it earlier this season, and that Leonard was emotional about it, and had a hard time letting go. The 200th would be a good place to say that, after 199 episodes of Sheldon and Leonard as roommates, the two best buddies are finally going their separate ways with the women in their lives.

I'd like this very much. It could be a very sweet and emotional episode. Now that Shamy is together again, there would still be enough time before taking this next step. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lionne said:

I think that the 200th will focus on both Lenny and Shamy by dealing, at least, with the living arrangement issue and having Leonard finally move out. We saw that they almost did it earlier this season, and that Leonard was emotional about it, and had a hard time letting go. The 200th would be a good place to say that, after 199 episodes of Sheldon and Leonard as roommates, the two best buddies are finally going their separate ways with the women in their lives.

No matter all else, the show started with Leonard and Sheldon, and their friendship and the shared 4A apartment has been the heart of the show the entire time. The romantic relationships have complicated that, and it's far past time for both to move on, but what's kept them together, underneath all of the bitching, fighting, begging and arm-twisting, is genuine love and respect for each other. If the 200th serves as a reminder and even flashback of all of that over the years, and the two of them mutually acknowledging that they are moving on and growing up, that would be very significant.

Absolutely love this and I agree it would be very fitting. 

14 minutes ago, bluebird said:

YEY for this thread!!!

For so long I've wanted to discuss about the main couples in a good spirit, but every time I go to Discussion thread there's a some sort of war going on. I get that people are upset, but what I don't get is that why one feels the need to take it on other people. I just can't understand the hostility nor want to a part of it. I might be a hc Shamy shipper, but I like Lenny a lot too. So this thread is just great, thank you for creating it No Regrets!

You're welcome! Please call me Nora. :shy:

25 minutes ago, April said:

Yes! More Leonard and Amy. Amy just needs to be careful and not make Leonard fall in love with her again. <g>

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bluebird said:

YEY for this thread!!!

Yes, thanks from a Lenny shipper for creating this thread.  :drinks: Today's hostility in the discussion thread was downright appalling.  There are enough troubles in the real world, I don't need more of these in here.

@ topic: So...Finally Amy can enjoy a whimsically inventive time too. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Lionne said:

No matter all else, the show started with Leonard and Sheldon, and their friendship and the shared 4A apartment has been the heart of the show the entire time. The romantic relationships have complicated that, and it's far past time for both to move on, but what's kept them together, underneath all of the bitching, fighting, begging and arm-twisting, is genuine love and respect for each other. If the 200th serves as a reminder and even flashback of all of that over the years, and the two of them mutually acknowledging that they are moving on and growing up, that would be very significant.

Otherwise, it might be when Sheldon proposes to Amy. I think that Sheldon and Amy getting engaged and the living arrangement situation for Leonard and Sheldon are the two major milestones that the show is hinting at for their storylines this year that have not played out yet.

Makes me think that they have Shamy engagement for Valentine's Day (Sheldon always hated it so him pulling off this horribly romantic gesture could be another stepping stone for his character development and of course a milestone for Shamy) and new living arrangements for the 200th episode.

I wrote this in the Shipping Lanes thread but since it fits with the topic I'll lazily copy & paste:

[In reply to: Assuming that Sheldon is willing to let Lenny go] Absolutely. Sheldon was already willing to let them go. I thought they made it pretty clear that if it weren't for Penny's good hearted nature (bless her) he'd already live alone. So from a story point of view I don't see any problems and it could be really funny to see the two couples adjust to the new living arrangements, but at the same time with Lenny in 4B they would have their own privacy when needed. 4A will still be the main set for group meetings of any kind and Lenny will probably have enough opportunities to casually show up whenever the plot demands it. They're all friends after all and being such a close-knit group they'll still hang out all the time.

Funnily enough I think of the four Amy might be the one having a bit of hard time adjusting. If we're honest here, Sheldon and Lenny had this "living communally across a hallway" situation since S1 while Amy always had her own place. Could be interesting to see how that plays out. (Just like how she was always the one wanting physical intimacy but when the big moment came she was really really nervous.)

The more interesting part for me is really how they'll rearrange the sets. After all, Leonard's stuff needs to be moved into 4B and Amy's into 4A. I don't know if they'll do it but I think there's a nice story line in there about making compromises when you want to combine two lives into one. Some things will have to be chucked out or stored away to make room for your partner. Like for example, I'd love to see Penny's apartment gaining a bit of a geeky touch or something so that you can see right away that this is Penny AND Leonard's apartment - not just hers alone anymore.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, luminous said:

Yes, thanks from a Lenny shipper for creating this thread.  :drinks: Today's hostility in the discussion thread was downright appalling.  There are enough troubles in the real world, I don't need more of these in here.

@ topic: So...Finally Amy can enjoy a whimsically inventive time too. :icon_cheesygrin:

Agree! Of course the focus is very much on Shamy right now, but that doesn't mean the rest of the gang is not important. On the contrary, it's the dynamic between all of the characters that makes this show so special. I'm sure we'll see more of the whole group together again now, I really missed that during the break-up. :-)

• Like 3

Completely agree. I think that a few action figures need to start making their way stealthfully into Penny's apartment. Perhaps Green Latern can watch over their little dinner table.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, April said:

Like for example, I'd love to see Penny's apartment gaining a bit of a geeky touch or something so that you can see right away that this is Penny AND Leonard's apartment - not just hers alone anymore.

They could just add a Thor poster. Leonard can appreciate it for the nerdy-ness and Penny can appreciate it for, well, Chris Hemsworth. Everybody wins. :icon_biggrin:

Oh! I was just thinking: when Amy and Sheldon get married, do we think she'd pick Penny as maid of honour? Leonard would be the best man, obviously.

• Like 4

Since Penny is married she'd officially be the Matron of Honor, but yes, I think that would obviously be Amy's pick.

2 minutes ago, Lionne said:

Since Penny is married she'd officially be the Matron of Honor, but yes, I think that would obviously be Amy's pick.

Argh, yes of course. Sorry, English isn't my first language. :icon_redface:

4 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

Argh, yes of course. Sorry, English isn't my first language. :icon_redface:

LMAO - No problem. Believe me, plenty of English speakers would make the same mistake. It's not a big deal!

I think Penny will be beside herself with joy, when she learns from Amy's and Sheldon's "special encounter". And I can see Leonard trying to give Sheldon a high five, only to get a typical rational Sheldon response. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I'm so proud that this thread hasn't turned into:

A: A fight

B: A strange Lenny / Shamy foursome discussion

... at least not yet :rofl:

Nah, Leonard & Penny & Sheldon & Amy doesn't flow off the tongue like Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice.

Ouch that really dated me. :icon_redface:

• Like 4

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! For starting this thread.

I love this show and have from the very beginning, and I really enjoy this forum, but truth be told, the nastiness that breaks out over and over is what's kept me from posting here very often.

Maybe I can hang out here more now :)

• Like 3