Sign in to follow this  
No Regrets

[Spoilers] Lenny & Shamy - The Neutral Zone

20 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Until Amy bites Penny. :icon_biggrin: 

I think you mean 4A.

Which episode is this one from?

5.24 The Countdown Reflextion

Oh yeah! This is my thread! I love both Lenny and Shamy. (I've already postet something similar in the Shamythread)

I'm so grateful for these unique romantic moments (lime kiss, valentine's kiss on the vintage train etc), not the boring common cheesy stereotypes of other sitcoms or movies and I'm very forgiving how they mess around with the characters. After every Lenny "milestone" there was some kind of severe setback. Partly for the sake of comedy, but notably for the sake of personal developement. Otherwise how the characters evolved wouldn't have been plausible. Now the same with Shamy. It sometimes feels like the writers are somewhat sadistic, but in fact they manage to take us on this wonderful emotional journey - if everything's going well it wouldn't be half as touching.

Lenny's marriage after all these years wasn't a big step anymore, a super romantic big wedding wouldn't fit into the show imho. Leonard wouldn't seriously cheat on Penny but sometimes he makes some poor decisions.

Now the Shamy... I'm so excited! What happened in former episodes this season was required to make Sheldon aware of his feelings in full depth. It starts with a rather unidimensional feeling deeper than papercuts. By the way - as sad as it was - I find it an excellent personal developement of Amy that she drew the line and ended the relationship. She wasn't happy and she couldn't solve the relationship issues neither with being pushy nor with waiting until Sheldon would be ready to make a move. Without the break up it would have taken too long. She takes care of herself - indispensable for a healthy relationship.

Like previously, Lenny pointed out important things to Sheldon. He wasn't aware a break up means Amy will date other guys making the odds of being her bf again less likely - until Kripke and Leonard tries to prepare him for it. Penny blabs that he was a bad boyfriend clarifying he wasn't meeting Amy's needs. He concludes, that Amy eventually marries a man better than him, so he believes there's somebody out there meeting Amys needs better than him. Wow what a big step for Sheldon to take into account someone could be better than him.

He doesn't want another sexual mate - he didn't even try to check out that girl that accomplished the tasks, and that she was too late seemed like a pretext to me. The major reason is he can't open up to another woman and before that experiment he might not have been aware of that.

Look into his eyes when she says she didn't sleep with the other guys how he looks at her (this is killing me) and when she asks him if he was ok. Lionne has written some good lines about the scene if I remember correctly. After she says she wants him to be happy I found it very clever, that he said "I believe you" instead of "I am". He wants to believe it himself because he doesn't accept anything else to be true, this is what he allows himself to feel about it but subtly we see that it isn't the truth. Also confessions that getting over Amy was hard for him or the tin man and pinocchio comparision are so intense to me.

Uh, Amy moving in feels a little rushed. It's the next step, but hey they just DID IT. I lived in a distant relationship for some years and living together is a big change. Give Sheldon some time to cope with his awoken sexuality first please.

11 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Until Amy bites Penny. :icon_biggrin: 

I think you mean 4A.

Which episode is this one from?

Or do I? :icon_cheesygrin:

On 29/11/2015, 01:41:05, bluebird said:

Who else is overly excited that Shamy will be reunited soon and we could finally have some great PALS scenes in the future episodes? 

ME!! The_Big_Bang_Theory_Teachers_Pet.gif.619 :derisive:

IDK, but I found almost every episode these four had some scenes together in hilarious and well done ... E.g., 8x17 is one of my favs of all time for the interactions of both the Pals and the couples taken individually! 

tumblr_nrrporKCZp1sp0cpeo2_250.gif.84e4c     tumblr_nkszhxBwQq1sp0cpeo10_250.gif.e69d           106158_WB_0404b.jpg.8f348e1a09aaf783caae

Oh, and I really really want (what I've just written reminds me of 'talking cupcake' Bernadette from 8x14 so much ... I seriously need help LOL) to see group dinners again! I miss them terribly :umbrage: I'm not the only one, am I?

Edited by ShLe94
  • Like 8

You definitely aren't alone. We need to see that again.

Anyway, I think someone already said this but I look forward to how both apartments will change in decor when each couple is finally moved in together. Ahhhhhh! I'm so excited, isn't this exciting???? Haha.

• Like 4

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎46‎:‎56‎, Stephen Hawking said:

That started right from the word go, didn't it?

From the Zazzy Substitution:-

Leonard: So, this is nice. First time we’ve all gotten together to eat.

Amy: You’re right, he’s a festival of humdrum chitchat.

:laugh:

Not forgetting, frequent and intense. :icon_biggrin: 

I'll be very surprised if she doesn't.

Please disregard this post since the above quote is not the one I wanted and cannot erase it.

6 hours ago, ShLe94 said:

Oh, and I really really want (what I've just written reminds me of 'talking cupcake' Bernadette from 8x14 so much ... I seriously need help LOL) to see group dinners again! I miss them terribly :umbrage: I'm not the only one, am I?

Oh I've been waiting for the group to hang out in 4a eating take out the whole season. I would love a proper group episode where the relationship stuff is in the background for a change. 

2 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Anyway, I think someone already said this but I look forward to how both apartments will change in decor when each couple is finally moved in together. Ahhhhhh! I'm so excited, isn't this exciting???? Haha.

Me too! I've been thinking this a lot. If we're assuming that Shamy would live in 4a and Lenny in 4b, will Amy want to change the decor in 4a and will Sheldon let her? I know Sheldon hates change, but will he give in to his girlfriend? And will they both sleep in Sheldon's room and if so, what'll they do with Leonard's room? 

Also how they'll fit all the Leonard's stuff in 4b? Will he bring his whiteboard there or will they still work at 4a? How willing is Penny to change her apartment? 

All in all the changes in living arrangements can bring so much comedy. Amy certainly won't be just Sheldon's roommate, but will he want to have some kind of version of the roommate agreement? I can totally see the couple wars also haha. 

• Like 4

On 30/11/2015, 05:50:40, MJistheBOMB said:

You definitely aren't alone. We need to see that again.

To quote Bernadette:

exciting 2.gif  LOL

And yes, it definitely is!!!

I have no doubt the living arrangements are going to change soon. Can't wait to see how the whole thing will be handled!

On 30/11/2015, 08:02:06, bluebird said:

All in all the changes in living arrangements can bring so much comedy.

YES! I hope the writers will understand this and do their job well... We need comedy and laughs, no more drama, please!

new_0014.thumb.gif.bfc54689c1ba8bc8eb962    xD 

Edited by ShLe94
  • Like 3

My question for the day is whether Sheldon will every let Amy sit in his spot once they're coupling...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bluebird said:

Oh I've been waiting for the group to hang out in 4a eating take out the whole season. I would love a proper group episode where the relationship stuff is in the background for a change. 

Me too! I've been thinking this a lot. If we're assuming that Shamy would live in 4a and Lenny in 4b, will Amy want to change the decor in 4a and will Sheldon let her? I know Sheldon hates change, but will he give in to his girlfriend? And will they both sleep in Sheldon's room and if so, what'll they do with Leonard's room? 

Also how they'll fit all the Leonard's stuff in 4b? Will he bring his whiteboard there or will they still work at 4a? How willing is Penny to change her apartment? 

All in all the changes in living arrangements can bring so much comedy. Amy certainly won't be just Sheldon's roommate, but will he want to have some kind of version of the roommate agreement? I can totally see the couple wars also haha. 

It's all stuff I think about a lot. The extra room could be made into a game room for the guys or an office space....possibilities are endless. LOL.

1 hour ago, Kasey said:

My question for the day is whether Sheldon will every let Amy sit in his spot once they're coupling...

Hmm, I wonder....I would guess yes but with Sheldon, who knows....haha.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, bluebird said:

And will they both sleep in Sheldon's room 

I hope so.

13 hours ago, bluebird said:

and if so, what'll they do with Leonard's room? 

A nursery?

3 hours ago, Kasey said:

Maybe they'll do it in his spot.

And, maybe Penny and/or Leonard, will catch them in the act.

• Like 4

I think when Amy moves in she well most likely take Leonard's room. I think having coitus once is one thing, but Sheldon won't be open to huge change just like that. It well be a gradual thing, they may have a Ricky and Lucy set up for a bit I Don't know. As for Amy sitting in Sheldon's spot, it has already been established Lenny have taken care of that :icon_biggrin:.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

they may have a Ricky and Lucy set up for a bit I Don't know.

I don't know who Ricky and Lucy are huh.gif 

20 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

As for Amy sitting in Sheldon's spot, it has already been established Lenny have taken care of that :icon_biggrin:.

Amy has already sat in Sheldon's spot.

• Like 1

When TV first started in the US, married couples were not allowed to sleep in the same bed.  Lucy and Ricky of I Love Lucy or Mary Tyler Moore and Dick Van Dyke of the Dick Van Dyke show.  They were shown sleeping in twin beds adequately spaced apart...

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't know who Ricky and Lucy are huh.gif 

Amy has already sat in Sheldon's spot.

Yeah I know, someone just referenced their coupling. And I was just being snark. Just saying Lenny have done a lot more on that couch. Ricky and Lucy were characters from I Love Lucy, I am sorry really? lol.

11 hours ago, Kasey said:

When TV first started in the US, married couples were not allowed to sleep in the same bed.  Lucy and Ricky of I Love Lucy or Mary Tyler Moore and Dick Van Dyke of the Dick Van Dyke show.  They were shown sleeping in twin beds adequately spaced apart...

Considering that we have seen every member of the main cast 'in bed' now (or will have by 9x11) I don't think they're gonna go the 'one foot on the floor' route :rofl:

Anyone else hoping we get a Super!Pals moving house plot line in the next few episodes? :blind:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Anyone else hoping we get a Super!Pals moving house plot line in the next few episodes? :blind:

I was guessing the living arrangements will be dealt with in the 200th... What do you guys think?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ShLe94 said:

I was guessing the living arrangements will be dealt with in the 200th... What do you guys think?

I thought that moving day could be a great 200th with lots of flash backs to crazy stuff that happened there over the years (stuff we've never seen before) but the way the writers have been throwing curve balls lately for all I know the 200th will be them all moving to Mars! :rofl:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShLe94 said:

Yeah that's my guess as well. Nevertheless I'd expect there to be preparation or something that indicates the new living arrangements before the 200th  episode. I think it would be just perfect plot for that episode. :girlsigh: I'm just wondering if the writers will deal with the ring or the living arrangements first..

49 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I thought that moving day could be a great 200th with lots of flash backs to crazy stuff that happened there over the years (stuff we've never seen before) but the way the writers have been throwing curve balls lately for all I know the 200th will be them all moving to Mars! :rofl:

lol exactly! I'll be really surprised if we get this one right since we haven't gotten pretty much anything right this season :laugh: In that THR interview Molaro said that they wanted to pull the trigger (Shamy coitus) when no one was expecting it. They might just do the same with the 200th episode. 

• Like 3

I REALLY need the 200th to be about living arrangements. 

After 9.11, I'm sure even Sheldon will need it. Haha.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShLe94 said:

I think it'll happen before that.

I'm anticipating a Shamy engagement in the 200th.

We haven't met Leonard's father nor Penny's mother either in almost 200 episodes...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kasey said:

We haven't met Leonard's father nor Penny's mother either in almost 200 episodes...

Yes, but I think Meemaw has had more mentions and more influence on Sheldon than either Leonard's father or Penny's mother.  Her mother has barely been mentioned and doesn't seem to be as strong a force as the parents we have met.

Same thing with Leonard's father.  We've only heard of him in passing and as a sort of non-influential person when it comes to Leonard's upbringing.

I don't know if we'll see Meemaw, but with as much as Sheldon has mentioned her, and the fact that he might be getting married soon, it's not inconceivable.

I do wonder if they have any plans to have her on the show--or who they might ultimately cast, if so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantagrae said:

Yes, but I think Meemaw has had more mentions and more influence on Sheldon than either Leonard's father or Penny's mother.  Her mother has barely been mentioned and doesn't seem to be as strong a force as the parents we have met.

Same thing with Leonard's father.  We've only heard of him in passing and as a sort of non-influential person when it comes to Leonard's upbringing.

I don't know if we'll see Meemaw, but with as much as Sheldon has mentioned her, and the fact that he might be getting married soon, it's not inconceivable.

I do wonder if they have any plans to have her on the show--or who they might ultimately cast, if so.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree with this.  I don't think that the number of times a character is mentioned is indicative of whether or not that should be seen next on the show....

• Like 6