The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Einstein Von Brainstorm

The poor man's Sheldon Cooper

Does this sound like someone we know? :rofl:

Nikola Tesla Was a Virgin with OCD who Fell in Love with a Pigeon

Tesla-photo-e1445543871755-640x300.jpeg.

Widely known as a certifiable genius and one of the visionaries behind modern electricity, here are a few things you just might not know about famed Serbian scientist Nikola Tesla.

1. He probably died a virgin

It’s widely speculated, though not technically confirmed, that Tesla died a virgin. Some historians believe he was asexual and had no pressing desire to do the deed, while others think it may purely have been due to his own incredible shyness around the opposite sex. 

2. He was super OCD

Tesla began to show signs of serious OCD by the end of his life. He counted his steps everywhere he went and would only shake people’s hands and wash his own in sets of three. He insisted on having 18 napkins on the table when he ate, and claimed he had a “a violent aversion against the earrings of women,” and that “the sight of a pearl would almost give me a fit.”

4. He straight up dissed Thomas Edison

Tesla and Edison had an infamous falling out early in their careers, and even though Tesla moved on to have much success in his own right, he never forgot it. Upon Edison’s death, Tesla went to the trouble of writing a scathing public critique of the dead man. Among other things, he wrote:

“He had no hobby, cared for no sort of amusement of any kind and lived in utter disregard of the most elementary rules of hygiene… His method was inefficient in the extreme, for an immense ground had to be covered to get anything at all unless blind chance intervened and, at first, I was almost a sorry witness of his doings, knowing that just a little theory and calculation would have saved him 90% of the labor.”

Read the full article (including the bit about him loving a pigeon (wot?)
here: http://historybuff.com/4-strange-facts-about-nikola-tesla-to-share-at-your-next-nerd-gathering/?utm_content=inf_10_3107_2&utm_source=se_fb&utm_medium=social_fb_cpc&utm_campaign=social_e_fb&ts_pid=71&tse_id=INF_9d12b577cf974d279a6328289834f7bd

• Like 3

Oh I hated this last epidose (9.), I hated it with all my heart !!!
It´s so discouraging, I think I wil NEVER more see this TV show.
My family, my friends and I, we are so disappointed with Sheldon and Amy interaction.
I hated the way he humiliate her, after she give him a new chance!
I feel so anger! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
She gives him a new chance and what he did ?? :icon_rolleyes:
Grrrr, Grrrr and more Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Does this sound like someone we know? :rofl:

Nikola Tesla Was a Virgin with OCD who Fell in Love with a Pigeon

Tesla-photo-e1445543871755-640x300.jpeg.

Widely known as a certifiable genius and one of the visionaries behind modern electricity, here are a few things you just might not know about famed Serbian scientist Nikola Tesla.

Will Sheldon make fun of how Serbians say "moustache"?

Edited by Squonk

Tesla is the most fantastic scientist ever known (by me). Edison too gone crazy maybe a second effect of the current use of electricity. Ask some to Marie Curie (Marie Curry for the bad jokes)...

13 hours ago, Cassi Jones said:

Oh I hated this last epidose (9.), I hated it with all my heart !!!
It´s so discouraging, I think I wil NEVER more see this TV show.
My family, my friends and I, we are so disappointed with Sheldon and Amy interaction.
I hated the way he humiliate her, after she give him a new chance!
I feel so anger! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
She gives him a new chance and what he did ?? :icon_rolleyes:
Grrrr, Grrrr and more Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's always ALB humiliating for a girl to run with a boy, nature comes this way.

Edited by Cécile Dull
  • Like 1

I think it´s time to Amy show her beauty, dressing better, maybe to be laureate with a NOBEL !!!!! :shy::icon_cheesygrin:
Should be nice if Kripke show some interest on her.
It will be nice if she show her beauty as soon as possible, because this "Ugly Betty style", no longer works.
We know that Amy is pseudo-engaged to a Saudi prince named Faisal, who funds her laboratory. Should be amazing if he appear fall in love for her, and he should be amazing beatufil! LOL
Sheldon should go green with envy!! :sarcastichand:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

I think it´s time to Amy show her beauty, dressing better, maybe to be laureate with a NOBEL !!!!! :shy::icon_cheesygrin:
It will be nice if she show her beauty as soon as possible, because this "Ugly Betty style", no longer works.
We know that Amy is pseudo-engaged to a Saudi prince named Faisal, who funds her laboratory. Should be amazing if he appear fall in love for her, and he should be amazing beatufil! LOL

I thought the same about the Amy's prince. She could take a greed about, he upgrades his work, and she is fond of. Maybe she thinks at this. Everybody want to see the prince in the show I think, just to make Sheldon jealous, I see him a straight tanned man, very elegant, sober, fun in a side.

Edited by Cécile Dull
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cassi Jones said:

Cassi I'm thinking there might be a language barrier between us here so I'm going to try and be as nice as possible.

Neither of your comments above have anything to do with the topic of this thread, there are threads for your opinions on individual episodes and characters if you look around the forum you will find them :) 

Also posting the same thing on multiple threads is not good etiquette, just so you know.

Edited by Einstein Von Brainstorm
  • Like 6

Hi Eisntein!

I appreciate your tip. 

I´m new and still learing how to do the things here. My english is not very good too, I´m still learning. Sometimes I don´t understand the texts very well and need help from google translator.

I´ll try to pay more attention and do the things better. :icon_redface:

3 hours ago, Cassi Jones said:

Hi Eisntein!

I appreciate your tip. 

I´m new and still learing how to do the things here. My english is not very good too, I´m still learning. Sometimes I don´t understand the texts very well and need help from google translator.

I´ll try to pay more attention and do the things better. :icon_redface:

No problem.

Watch out for the tags at the top of threads which say 'spoilers' because you seem to be slightly unspoiled :) 

• Like 1