Jump to content

911 'The Opening Night Excitation' (December 17)


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Did anyone else notice this picture of an old lady in Sheldon's room:

5673b27a13447_ScreenShot2015-12-18at03.4

Is the same as this one in Leonard's room:

5673b2a8c05f1_ScreenShot2015-12-18at07.1

?

Are they sharing a photo of an old lady? is she someone famous that I've just never heard of or is it a prop fail? :rofl: 

What an eye you have! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I loved this episode.   I died laughing at the SW opening at the last line about Sheldon not letting them hear the end of it if they did not obtain tickets and The Believed Him!!   LOL! S

I have a "love-hate relationship" with the AV Club, but they were spot on tonight... http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/sheldon-and-amy-go-all-way-charming-sweet-big-bang-230008 “The Opening Night

Very Good! Thought the entire cast really brought their A games and the episode was very well written. Loved Penny breaking the glass, and Bernie's That Wow Thing! Amy's reaction to the girls tel

This episode was perfect, I'm almost ready to declare it as my new favorite episode of the show! It was funny as hell, very clever and sweet, oh so sweet! They balanced the two storylines beautifully and the SW mirroring was brilliant. Shamy scenes were absolutely beautiful, the writers managed to do them in a touching and respectful way while keeping both Sheldon and Amy IC. Kudos for the writers and of course for Mayim and Jim. Bravo!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlackWhiteRose said:

OMG those two grandma pictures *LOL*
 How could this happen *LOL*

Leonard and Sheldon have the same Meemaw and don't know it! They're cousins!!!

Bazinga ;)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave it a good.

Played better than I thought.  I was not a fan of the break up and for me Shamy will never be the same.  I've said why enough and won't repeat that here. 

I enjoyed the parallels between the premier and the Shamy's big moment.

Enjoyed Bernie and Penny-for all the flack that they got for being HORRIBLE friends for not getting Shamy back together-it's clear that they are the best kind of friends (well, IMO).  They may not understand why something is going on but as friends they will support whatever is decided.  They supported Sheldon.  That played out really cute. 

I enjoyed Bob Newhart too.  Not sure why I got a kick out of the pant-less line but his moments were the ones where I lol'd.

I like Wil Whaeton and I enjoyed the guys storyline as well.  They are just so adorable.  Good but I am not sure I care enough to re-watch it. 

In moving forward, I would love a good solid episode that revolves around all the gang. 

 

Edited by Denise07
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the episode was good.  I liked how they made a big deal about the Shamy sex without making it a big deal if ya know what I mean. 

I liked how it started like the Star Wars movies do.  I think that started me off in a feel good mood.  Being one of those who grew up liking Star Wars and/or Star Trek when they first came out, I really enjoyed the back and forth between the Shamy and the watching of the new movie.

The addition of Wil Wheaton and Bob Newhart sent the episode over the top for me.  And yes Wil there are some of us that enjoy both Star Wars and Star Trek.  And he did impart some wise words to anyone who gets too emotional with a movie (or a TV show) and I think sometimes we all need to hear that.

Now that we got that out of the way, lets make the episodes more equal amongst the cast and couples please and thank you...

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved the episode so much!!! It was amazing! 

However, I feel so guilty it's unreal. I live in the UK and streamed the episode illegally :( I feel so ashamed! 

However, the episode was so monumental that I felt I just had to watch it and it very much met my expectations!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot has already been said here, I'd like to add:

The Hi-Hello-Moment reminded me of the Pilot when Leonard and Sheldon meet Penny.

I've never seen Sheldon like that, so it was almost OOC to me when he looks at Amy entering the room. But I take it as character growth and enjoyed it very much.

Steven Molaro, Eric Kaplan I love you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Did anyone else notice this picture of an old lady in Sheldon's room:

5673b27a13447_ScreenShot2015-12-18at03.4

Is the same as this one in Leonard's room:

5673b2a8c05f1_ScreenShot2015-12-18at07.1

?

Are they sharing a photo of an old lady? is she someone famous that I've just never heard of or is it a prop fail? :rofl: 

I swear I think they do it on purpose just to see just how much we pay attention.  LOL!

I'm waiting for the train in Amy's apartment to appear again in Sheldon's childhood bedroom. 

Do we really think inconsistency would only be present in the dialogue and story telling?   Why not throw in the props as well?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad the Shamy drama seems to be over.  Amy now knows she is a priority in Sheldon's life and they can have a balanced relationship.  I don't care if they have sex only once a year, as long as Amy is happy with that and feels Sheldon loves her as much as she loves him.  Although I doubt they will actually be able to abstain for an entire year!

Penny's glass breaking and facial expression in that moment was priceless.  IMO Kaley so often elevates whatever she has been given to do.

I have to say, I loved how we kept going back and forth between the Star Wars movie and Shamy.  It just worked and made me laugh.  The writers wisely balanced the seriousness of Shamy with the silliness happening at the theater.

My favorite bit was Wheaton messing with the guys.  For some reason I enjoy him more when he's a jerk.  I probably laughed the hardest when Raj said, "Leonard, I'm scared again."  You'd think they'd know by now that Wheaton has a mean streak.

I really hope the writers are ready to dedicate as much time to a Lenny story as the have this Shamy story.  I would love a ten episode story line about Lenny, as long as it's more fun than angsty.  I feel I've had enough angst to last until the end of the show.

Edited by Rajamon
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wil Wheaton was teasing but he wasn't mean anymore. I could only agree with what he said, hopefully they keep him like that, neither crossing the line nor just a dull nice guy.

Additional to the Shamy bed scene I realised what confused me: their roles are reversed (but still IC): I would have expected Amy to be the one waiting in bed looking at Sheldon with an "I want you" face, while Sheldon would approach hesitantly the bed asking a self explanatory question and crawl into bed avoiding eye and physical contact. It balances the past inequality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how great was the star wars opening? had chills.

like how penny and bernadette help both sheldon

and amy for the big night.

love the evil wil came dress as spock.

sweet time for shamy they did it.:icon_redface:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent episode, from the Star Wars opening credits, to professor Proton, to the guys trying to get tickets, to Sheldon deciding to spend the evening with Amy, and coming up with the coitus gift option himself, and then the way they paralleled Sheldon and Amy's expectation/satisfaction with the guys at the movie.

I also loved the way Sheldon offered his ticket to Leonard to choose someone to go in his place, then snatched it away when Leonard suggested Penny, moving on to Howard.  And then the guys choosing Wil over Stuart.

 And there's all the Shamy scenes...so perfect in showing the way they were both a little unsure and yet completely sure, nervousness, but trust.  Virginal, but ready.

Ive said before that I had hoped that Sheldon and Amy would be the first in the group to actually get married before they had sex, especially with Sheldon having the ring and the intention to get engaged, but I'm okay with the way this played out.  It wasn't an issue of overwhelming lust, but of love and a reasoned approach to what turned out to be a good experience for both of them, despite any nervousness either of them may have felt beforehand.  Sheldon knew he was ready, even if he had some misgivings or questions for the Professor Proton part of his subconscious.

Great episode!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phantagrae said:

Excellent episode, from the Star Wars opening credits, to professor Proton, to the guys trying to get tickets, to Sheldon deciding to spend the evening with Amy, and coming up with the coitus gift option himself, and then the way they paralleled Sheldon and Amy's expectation/satisfaction with the guys at the movie.

I also loved the way Sheldon offered his ticket to Leonard to choose someone to go in his place, then snatched it away when Leonard suggested Penny, moving on to Howard.  And then the guys choosing Wil over Stuart.

 And there's all the Shamy scenes...so perfect in showing the way they were both a little unsure and yet completely sure, nervousness, but trust.  Virginal, but ready.

Ive said before that I had hoped that Sheldon and Amy would be the first in the group to actually get married before they had sex, especially with Sheldon having the ring and the intention to get engaged, but I'm okay with the way this played out.  It wasn't an issue of overwhelming lust, but of love and a reasoned approach to what turned out to be a good experience for both of them, despite any nervousness either of them may have felt beforehand.  Sheldon knew he was ready, even if he had some misgivings or questions for the Professor Proton part of his subconscious.

Great episode!

Just hope Mary Cooper doesn't find out he did it before marriage

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Earnie said:

Just hope Mary Cooper doesn't find out he did it before marriage

But .. didn't Mary Cooper once say to Leonard's mother something like, 'When a couple lay together they are married in the sight of The Lord.' ?

I too imagined they were the best candidates of the gang to become the focus of wedding-night comedy but I thought it worked well as it happened. It might be funny to see them as the first ones to be parents who 'have' to get married, as we called it a generation ago.  I can picture a scenario  with everybody trying to keep the fact of the timing from Mary.

I recall an episode in which Sheldon cried, 'Shotgun! Shotgun !'Could that be prophetic in another sense of the word ?

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In reference to those who don't like Sheldon's calmness... Sheldon told Professor Proton he was scared he would be overwhelmed and ruin the evening.  I believe he is staying calm in order to give Amy the best birthday present ever.

Also, I can't WAIT to see the guys reactions when they figure it out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cerry said:

Wil Wheaton was teasing but he wasn't mean anymore. I could only agree with what he said, hopefully they keep him like that, neither crossing the line nor just a dull nice guy.

Additional to the Shamy bed scene I realised what confused me: their roles are reversed (but still IC): I would have expected Amy to be the one waiting in bed looking at Sheldon with an "I want you" face, while Sheldon would approach hesitantly the bed asking a self explanatory question and crawl into bed avoiding eye and physical contact. It balances the past inequality.

It reminded me a lot of The Prom Equivalency where Amy is nervously rambling before she can tell Sheldon she loves him and he ends up saying "I love you too" before she gets it out and she has a panic attack as a result lol :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, gwhh said:

I liked how the show said that sex between them would not happen often.  But than again watching Sheldon become a "real" man would have been fun! 

Yes only on special occasions her birthday valentines day and so forth

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, joyceraye said:

But .. didn't Mary Cooper once say to Leonard's mother something like, 'When a couple lay together they are married in the sight of The Lord.' ?

I too imagined they were the best candidates of the gang to become the focus of wedding-night comedy but I thought it worked well as it happened. It might be funny to see them as the first ones to be parents who 'have' to get married, as we called it a generation ago.  I can picture a scenario  with everybody trying to keep the fact of the timing from Mary.

I recall an episode in which Sheldon cried, 'Shotgun! Shotgun !'Could that be prophetic in another sense of the word ?

 

 

 

Mary's comment wasn't meant to be an endorsement of couples sleeping together outside of marriage.  It was more along the lines of that old saying about buying the milk when you already have the cow.  Like, why worry about a wedding date when they're already sleeping together.

I am curious as to whether or not they're going to deal with the topic with Mary at some point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.