Jump to content

Newbie Tutorial


becauseimsunny
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

I'm a big BBT fan but I'm new here! This is also the first time in ever that I joined a fandom forum. I'm dumb as soup...so I kinda don't know how to navigate. I've been reading threads and they're fun.

Can somebody tell me how do I get a profile picture? How do I like a post? How do I look for specific topics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, sunnydiamante said:

Hi guys,

I'm a big BBT fan but I'm new here! This is also the first time in ever that I joined a fandom forum. I'm dumb as soup...so I kinda don't know how to navigate. I've been reading threads and they're fun.

Can somebody tell me how do I get a profile picture? How do I like a post? How do I look for specific topics?

Welcome! :)

After you've made a few posts you can go into your profile and change your picture and add a signature that will go on the bottom of the posts. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums, sunnydiamante. :) I hope you enjoy being a member of the community.

As other members have said, some of those profile features don't come available until you have made three posts which have been approved by a moderator.

Now you have four posts, you should be able to edit your profile - although the forum system is currently a little buggy, so that portion of the site is having some trouble. I'm working on fixing that so you can edit your profile. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tripper said:

Welcome to the forums, sunnydiamante. :) I hope you enjoy being a member of the community.

Thanks Tripper! And I have changed my avi! So, how do I look for specific topics, say Fan Fiction or those fan fiction challenges? Because I read on fanfiction.net and they sometimes say stories come from the forum's fanfic challenges.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9 December 2015 04:01:07, sunnydiamante said:

Thanks Tripper! And I have changed my avi! So, how do I look for specific topics, say Fan Fiction or those fan fiction challenges? Because I read on fanfiction.net and they sometimes say stories come from the forum's fanfic challenges.

There is a fanfic thread here: http://forum.the-big-bang-theory.com/forum/20-fan-fiction/

There is an option to view all the 'unread content' at the top and bottom of each page BUT be careful about doing this if you do not want to view spoilers 

You can subscribe to threads, at the top right of the page it says 'follow this' there are options to get notifications

After you have subscribed to a few threads you can go to 'activity' (at the top left of the page beside the 'browse' option) and chose the drop down which says 'My activity streams' and chose just to see all the unread content in the threads you follow so that you don't accidentally get yourself spoiled :) 

Good luck! :wub:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

I posted a comment about 9x11 yesterday and it hasn't been approved yet.  How long do I have to wait for a moderator to approve my post?

Sorry for the delay. Things run a bit slower over the weekend. Your post has now been approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2015 at 6:16 AM, Carm6773 said:

Where is the option to like posts?  I see others liking posts and feel a little deprived.

When I first joined, I didn't have that too. After you post a certain number of posts I think you'll be able to like posts. I don't remember when the like button appeared for me. Don't feel deprived. You're very welcome here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 3:31 PM, Carm6773 said:

I posted a comment about 9x11 yesterday and it hasn't been approved yet.  How long do I have to wait for a moderator to approve my post?

Are there a certain number of posts newbies need to make before they show up automatically, or does everyone's posts always need a moderator to approve first?  I'm so new at this, so any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Are there a certain number of posts newbies need to make before they show up automatically, or does everyone's posts always need a moderator to approve first?  I'm so new at this, so any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Yes, new members must make three posts which have been approved by a moderator before their posts will go live instantly. This is one our spam-prevention policies. After your next post is approved, your posts will no longer need to go through a moderator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:07 PM, Tripper said:

Yes, new members must make three posts which have been approved by a moderator before their posts will go live instantly. This is one our spam-prevention policies. After your next post is approved, your posts will no longer need to go through a moderator.

Makes sense.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...