Sign in to follow this  
No Regrets

Euro 2016

The elusive Mezut Ozil, his performances has been woeful lately. Maybe he want a salary increase before he start playing again or he wants to be sold.. As always missing in action in the big games. But I just don’t blame him, Wenger has a lot to answer for, when facing a team like Bayern Munich, you field your very best team. You don't leave 2 of your best goal scorers (Walcott and Giroud) on the bench, as well as Welbeck  you don't go with your 2nd choice GK, when it a big game like this. Bayern are the dominant force in German football. Yes the result was disappointing as I was looking forward to a different outcome. Wenger needs to find a way to play all 3, Sanchez, Walcott and Giroud up-front, 4-3-3. The current formula is not working especially against very good sides. The selection was poor, the players were poor, the performance wasn’t up to scratch and were an embarrassment to watch at times. Total humiliation. On a brighter note, at least we got an away goal. 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

The elusive Mezut Ozil, his performances has been woeful lately. Maybe he want a salary increase before he start playing again or he wants to be sold.. As always missing in action in the big games. But I just don’t blame him, Wenger has a lot to answer for, when facing a team like Bayern Munich, you field your very best team. You don't leave 2 of your best goal scorers (Walcott and Giroud) on the bench, as well as Welbeck  you don't go with your 2nd choice GK, when it a big game like this. Bayern are the dominant force in German football. Yes the result was disappointing as I was looking forward to a different outcome. Wenger needs to find a way to play all 3, Sanchez, Walcott and Giroud up-front, 4-3-3. The current formula is not working especially against very good sides. The selection was poor, the players were poor, the performance wasn’t up to scratch and were an embarrassment to watch at times. Total humiliation. On a brighter note, at least we got an away goal. emoji5.png

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You could tell that after about 70 minutes in the Bayern game, Ozil had just given up. He's always touted as this amazing playmaker but as you say, he never turns up for Arsenal when it really matters. I think it's a mystery why none of Walcott, Giroud and Welbeck got a run out. Maybe Wenger was saving them for the FA Cup game at Sutton United :icon_wink:

I don't think Sanchez and Giroud work well together. Giroud is much better as an impact sub who, when deployed effectively, is a real Plan B option for Arsenal in games where their system isn't working. Giroud should be their go-to player when they can't break down teams. Welbeck is a better choice for a starting striker if Arsenal want to play Sanchez out on the wing.

The trouble with Arsenal is that although they have very good players, they have no strategy in games. They start with virtually the same formation, players and strategy against Hull as they do against Bayern Munich. And when the team you are facing has better players (as Bayern do), they are going to punish you. Bayern weren't at their very best on Wednesday night but still won very convincingly because they had a better strategy and Arsenal were so poor. And I think that will annoy Arsenal fans because they know that an Arsenal side which was better organised and more tactically astute could have done a job over Bayern Munich.

Sad that only one Arsenal player even went over to talk to the away fans and thank them for making the journey to Germany after the final whistle... But at least Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain shows he's a decent bloke with a genuine respect for the supporters.

Özil is too sensitive IMO. When he's confident he's incredible, but when he isn't it really shows. He managed to deliver a bad performance against Brazil in 2014 and that was practically impossible. 

What about Mertesacker btw? Still injured?