The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nibbler747

Coitus.....Did us fanfic authors get it right?

This is just a silly question I was thinking about while driving to work this morning.  So a lot of us fan fic authors have written a scene with Shamy's "first time".  Now that their first time happened on screen (which I thought was very tender, sweet and very them), I was wondering did you see any coincidences between what you wrote, and Shamy's actual first time on screen?

In my completed fics, I only had them have sex in one of them  - the Fight Aftermath.  But I had a few snippets which I thought were a bit similar to the show.

From Fight Aftermath (just before coitus):

<snip>

Sheldon returned to the bedroom in a plain white t-shirt and his pyjama bottoms.  He turned off the lights to his room and turned on his bedside lamp.  He quickly got into bed and looked over at Amy.  Her face was flushed red, her arms were full of goose bumps.  Her hands were slightly shaking.  “Amy what wrong?” he asked concerned.

<snip>

Got the white t-shirt, and Amy with goosebumps because she was nervous!  Check!

<snip>

“To get back to our conversation, I guess even though I visualize stuff, I’m still scared that I am going to screw up, and I hate being anything less than perfect. "

<snip>

Well Sheldon told his fears to Amy, while in the show, he was telling Professor Proton.  But he was worried about screwing up also. (half check?)

<snip>

Amy looked at Sheldon and brushed a stray hair off his forehead.  “Sheldon, I’m really scared too, I mean really scared.  I practically had a full blown panic attack after our strip counterfactuals game the other night.”

Sheldon looked surprised.  “Really? You’ve been the one pushing us to be more intimate.  I thought that you were ok with everything.”

“I do want to be more intimate, but you have to remember, that this is so new for me too.  I’ve never done any of this before either.  "

<snip>

Amy telling Sheldon her fears of the "unknown".  Check!

Well, then my fic diverges, as they start talking a bit of Star Trek and then it's off to the races.

<snip>

“When I asked you to stay over tonight, I wanted to do exactly this.  I wanted to hold you in my arms all night.  To kiss you.  To see you smile.  That is what I wanted.” Sheldon said as he caressed Amy’s neck.

“That’s what I want too.  I want to fall asleep in your arms, wake up in your arms and stare into those beautiful blue eyes of yours.  Let’s make it so.” Amy said.

“Captain Picard!…Good Lord woman,  you drive me wild.  Don’t get me thinking about Star Trek….I’m having enough trouble with fantasies…”

“Are you going to boldly go where no man has gone before?” Amy laughed.

“Stop it!” Sheldon grabbed her pillow and whacked her with it.  They both burst out laughing.  “Come here”  He pulled Amy towards him and wrapped his arms around her.  He looked at her intently, and then reached over and turned off the lamp.

“Resistance is futile, Amy, resistance is futile.”  He softly placed his lips and hers, which melted into a passionate kiss.

“Yes it is, Dr. Cooper, yes is it….”

<snip>

I bet a lot of us have accidently touched on scenes that were very similar to the real deal.  I would love to read about yours!

• Like 6

The only similarity I can think of, compared to my fics, is that, in one of my fics, they break up, Amy dates and makes out with another man, before they get back together and have coitus.

1 hour ago, nibbler747 said:

“Are you going to boldly go where no man has gone before?” Amy laughed.

That's a brilliant line. :icon_biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

I'd have to go back and read the 3 ( or 4???)  stories that contain their interaction...

All I know is that I had a bouquet  (in which Sheldon described each flower... 1/4 check :) hehehehehehe ) 

• Like 1

Just now, kelliluvtbbt said:

I only got the location right in 1 or 2 of my stories 

I got the location right, in a few of mine.

In one, it wasn't even in the right country, let alone the right apartment. :) 

• Like 1