The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stardustmelody

2016 People's Choice Awards (PCAs)

Maybe it is a stupid question, but...since the show in general and some of the actors in particular are nominated isn't that obvious that all the cast will attend the ceremony? So, even if three seats are empty for now, shouldn't they be the ones for Jim, Kaley and Simon?  Or can they be the seats for the dates of the members of the cast already announced as attenders? It is PCA one of those awards where you know in advance if you win? Anyway, from the picture it looks like TBBT is in the first row of seats...it should be a "strategic" position for winners, finger crossed for all of them!!!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Mayim has been announced as one of the presenters :) 

my mind is wondering what award she will be presenting...hmmm.....but regardless she'll have to be there earlier than last year

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

I just want them to officially confirm Jim will be there - surely he will, right ?? 

I would say so yes.

here is my take on my pretty strong knowledge of the award show scene....and odds are pointly very favorable with several of the categories.

1. PCAs only "seat" winners aka those who are nominated and don't win rarely attend (or are invited due to them seating heavily with fans and not celebrities)

2. PCAs air on CBS (have for a very long time) and are very pro-CBS programming for obvious reasons.

3. announcing attendees who probably have won based off #1 is kinda giving it away

4. Usually presenters have a show/movie they are plugging or a connection to the winner.

JMO....as somebody who religiously follows award shows and loves researching past shows & such

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 5

I would say Kaley is attending.  According to her IG she was at a spa for skin care yesterday, because it's award season and back to work.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

I hope it's best comedy actor for Jim!

Nah Johnny deserves it.

10 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Nah Johnny deserves it.

Yeah, Johnny has been carrying Jim's ass in the show for years now, it is time he got some awards.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Nah Johnny deserves it.

12 hours ago, SRAM said:

Yeah, Johnny has been carrying Jim's ass in the show for years now, it is time he got some awards.

both of you are kidding right.....

No kidding. Without Johnny and to an extend the others being the fall guys. Sheldon wouldn't be funny. The other don't need Sheldon to be funny. They just are.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SRAM said:

Are you kidding with this?  No one on this show is carrying anyone.  Blessed with a talented cast.  Jim's character might attract more attention, but there should be no competition among the staff and everyone more than pulls their own weight.  I would like to see Johnny win because he personally deserves it, because he is above the rest of the cast.

8 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

No kidding. Without Johnny and to an extend the others being the fall guys. Sheldon wouldn't be funny. The other don't need Sheldon to be funny. They just are.

You guys might not like the Sheldon character, but that should have nothing to do with Jim or his acting abilities.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SRAM said: Yeah, Johnny has been carrying Jim's ass in the show for years now, it is time he got some awards.

Are you kidding with this?  No one on this show is carrying anyone.  Blessed with a talented cast.  Jim's character might attract more attention, but there should be no competition among the staff and everyone more than pulls their own weight.  I would like to see Johnny win because he personally deserves it, because he is above the rest of the cast.

8 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said: No kidding. Without Johnny and to an extend the others being the fall guys. Sheldon wouldn't be funny. The other don't need Sheldon to be funny. They just are.

You guys might not like the Sheldon character, but that should have nothing to do with Jim or his acting abilities.  

This is nothing to do with not liking Sheldon. It's the character he plays, he need others to be funny and put down or him not getting it. One of the reasons why he is popular. Not taking away his talent as an actor but it's the team effort that makes his character. Now he wouldn't be that funny or popular if he had no one to belittle or if he was a saint.

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said:

This is nothing to do with not liking Sheldon. It's the character he plays, he need others to be funny and put down or him not getting it. One of the reasons why he is popular. Not taking away his talent as an actor but it's the team effort that makes his character. Now he wouldn't be that funny or popular if he had no one to belittle or if he was a saint.

It's a team effort to make any of the characters funny.  They all need the others to play off of.  And someone saying that Johnny carries his ass is taking away from his talent as an actor.

47 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

really... I guess that is the reason for the continous reduction in screen time and importance for leonard as a character....haha....

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said: This is nothing to do with not liking Sheldon. It's the character he plays, he need others to be funny and put down or him not getting it. One of the reasons why he is popular. Not taking away his talent as an actor but it's the team effort that makes his character. Now he wouldn't be that funny or popular if he had no one to belittle or if he was a saint.

It's a team effort to make any of the characters funny.  They all need the others to play off of.  And someone saying that Johnny carries his ass is taking away from his talent as an actor.

I see where you both are coming from. But you are right about Jim. Johnny is not carrying him he is a talent. Johnny is also a talented actor who is over looked because no one likes the good guy or isn't given much to do apart from being Sheldon's bitch. But as I said it's a team effort and they should win as a team because like I said a team effort but the other characters will never win an award individually because they are not given the platform to shine and even when they are it's overlooked because they only see one star that the writers want them to see. This is not a dig at you but not everyone is a Sheldon fan and for the last 2 seasons and still now we have been forcefully feed him whether we like it or not.

47 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said: No kidding. Without Johnny and to an extend the others being the fall guys. Sheldon wouldn't be funny. The other don't need Sheldon to be funny. They just are.

really... I guess that is the reason for the continous reduction in screen time and importance for leonard as a character....haha....

Shit happens deal with it I don't like it but hoping. It's not like you are a Leonard fan so why do you care.

10 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I see where you both are coming from. But you are right about Jim. Johnny is not carrying him he is a talent. Johnny is also a talented actor who is over looked because no one likes the good guy or isn't given much to do apart from being Sheldon's bitch. But as I said it's a team effort and they should win as a team because like I said a team effort but the other characters will never win an award individually because they are not given the platform to shine and even when they are it's overlooked because they only see one star that the writers want them to see. This is not a dig at you but not everyone is a Sheldon fan and for the last 2 seasons and still now we have been forcefully feed him whether we like it or not.

Shit happens deal with it I don't like it but hoping. It's not like you are a Leonard fan so why do you care.

Trust me, I have been a fan of Johnny since the early 90s when he was on Roseanne.  I think he deserves recognition and if he wins I will be just as happy for him as I would Jim.  I am just saying that even though it would be nice for Johnny to win, it doesn't mean that Jim didn't deserve or earn it when he has won in the past or if he wins tonight.