Kunal's wedding - who went

Did any cast members of BBT attend Kunal's wedding?

I just read his book and he said tons of people attended, including a plane of 20+ people from America.  I have not seen the People article about it.

Kunal says almost nothing about the BBT cast in his book.  But it's funny as he talks about the difficult jobs he had.

Depends on whether he invited them in the first place. Seems to me that Kunal isn't the best of friends with the other members of the cast, at least when it comes to working. Johnny and Kaley both have alluded to that.

Johnny said plainly that he doesn't like working with Kunal because of the latters tendency to crack up or laugh at his own jokes. Kaley said Kunal was a diva (but she said the same about Simon)

8 hours ago, son-goku5 said:

Depends on whether he invited them in the first place. Seems to me that Kunal isn't the best of friends with the other members of the cast, at least when it comes to working. Johnny and Kaley both have alluded to that.

Johnny said plainly that he doesn't like working with Kunal because of the latters tendency to crack up or laugh at his own jokes. Kaley said Kunal was a diva (but she said the same about Simon)

I never heard this before about Johnny and Kaley's opinions about Kunal and Simon. Could you possibly link me to the source article about this? Thanks.

I'd like to know also.  Did John and Kaley say these things playfully or were they really bitter?

He thanked the entire cast at the end of the book but didn't say a word about filming the show.

At 1:29 Penny says the diva thing and right after we see Leonard saying he doesn't like to work with him.

And the thing about Kunal always laughing at his own jokes was in the actor on actor interview between Kaley and Johnny

29 minutes ago, son-goku5 said:

At 1:29 Penny says the diva thing and right after we see Leonard saying he doesn't like to work with him.

And the thing about Kunal always laughing at his own jokes was in the actor on actor interview between Kaley and Johnny

I'm pretty sure that was 

imagesSarcasm.jpg

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 5

Don't think so, Johnny looked way too serious.

Then again, you can be friends with someone but not like to work with him.

Eric Bischoff said the same thing about Bill Goldberg: "I like Bill. I don't like working with Bill. I'd rather chew off my right leg than work with Bill."

I think they were obviously joking.  All the cast members joke around like that and many actors in other shows or movie casts joke like that because they're always being asked what it's like to work with someone, or if they're friends in real life, etc..

Besides, if it was true that someone didn't like their co-stars, they would never say so in an interview.  You don't burn bridges like that in show business.

it's been pretty well-documented that they all get along well.  Yes, Kunal flubs his lines on occasion, but they all do, so it's nothing extraordinary.

If they didn't attend his wedding, it could have been because it was in India over the summer when they usually have other projects they're committed to.

• Like 3

IIRC from reading his book, his wedding was in December, very close to Christmas, Hanukah, etc., which may have played a role in his castmates not attending. 

Well I don't know if he invited anyone to the wedding, but Kunal himself talked in an interview a long time ago (first season) that he was told to shrink his head size and he realized he was acting arrogant and stuff.  But he has changed oodles since then and he is probably one of the most humble on the show now and seems genuinely well liked by all the cast.   Jim and Mayim adore him and he adores them.   So I think everything is fine on the set.  As I said, early in the first season when he first was cast and got the role, he himself knew he had a lack of humility and evidently Chuck called him in and told him to humble himself.   He did and thanked Chuck for giving him the best advice as a new actor that anyone could get.  So I think the interview in the clip above could have been honest for that time (assuming that was a first season video), but things have changed on set a lot since.   I really do think they get along great now with each other.

But he married early in the show lifetime, so my guess is he had a lot of friends he already established well before the show that could have made up that number that went to the wedding.   It could be that none of the cast were there since most were still getting to know each other.

On January 6, 2016 at 1:49 PM, son-goku5 said:

Jumping on the train of folks who think this was totally joking.  There is no way they would say that outright if they thought it in any case, not in an interview, not knowing it would be publicized, can you even imagine?  I think the fact that Johnny and Kaley were both so deadpan in their delivery just shows how they were totally kidding about it.

• Like 2