The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

Howardette & Rajily (Spoilers) Thread

This thread is for discussions about Howardette and Rajily. I felt it was needed.

Is Remily or Rajily most used by fans? LOL. I would always just use the first one out of habit but I like the second one better so that's the one I put in the title of this thread. Anyway...

My random thoughts at the moment:

*I think we're definitely going to see Stuarts old room turned into a nursery. I'm usually among the majority that doesn't want to see a baby on the show but I think about it now and it would be so adorable to see a pregnant Bernadette. It's not like the baby has to be seen all the time after it's born. Besides, I posted in the Shamy thread that I guessed the baby would come mid to end of season 10 anyway. Lots of fun story lines can be written before and/or after the baby arrives with all the characters involved.

*Raj and Emily. I hope this whole thing gets addressed soon. I love the uniqueness of "scary" Emily but I feel I barely know who she is! So much so that I actually got annoyed when I read the last taping report that she didn't want to forgive Sheldon after he apologized during his apology tour. I thought, "Really?? Who are you, anyway? You've been here for all of 1 and a half minutes and you're not allowed to not forgive him. (purposely exaggerated of course)" LOL! 

The thing with her and Penny hating each other was brushed under the rug as well as the even bigger issue of Raj considering breaking up with her at the end of last season. I hope we get more information on at least the second one because I'd like to know more about how Raj is feeling and why he felt that way when things seemed to be going well between them. Well....I guess it was kind of hinted that she scared him a little...well, maybe more than a little considering he didn't have the heart to break up with her. 

....and I'll leave it at this for now. Who ever wants to join in at any time....

Just watched this on YouTube...yeah, I really dig Emily more than I thought actually. LOL.

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 6

Great idea for a thread!  

My 2 cents.  I don't think they will introduce babies yet.  As Molaro said, babies tend to alter the DNA of a show (jump the shark, in a lot cases).  Even if Howardette is a B plot, it is still going to affect the way the A plot works.  This is an ensemble not a separate cast (although I am sure that with the Shamy plot it might have felt that way).  

As for Emily, IMO, they could get rid of her.  She adds nothing and if she wasn't willing to forgive Sheldon on his apology tour, then who the hell is she?  Personally, I think it would be more interesting if Raj were to go to India and find a bride.  There could be some comedy in that!

I used to not like Emily so much. The way the writers portrayed her in Season 8 was way to creepy for me and Season 8 finale left me the impression Raj wasn't in love with her at all. So, when I read Molaro's interviews at the beginning of the season in which he told essentially that Season 9 journey for Raj was to learn that is better to be alone than in a relationship with somebody that is not right for you, I was kind of happy because this would cause a sort of growth for Raj and it could be an interesting development for his character. Now I'm confused; up to now there was no mention to relationship's issues for Rajily, actually there was almost no mention to their relationship. The few times Emily was part of an episode, the two of them were on the air together for so little time and there was no way to focus on them. I got the impression, anyway, that the writers are turning down her creepiness and LS is now part of the regular cast; does it mean they changed their mind and are planning to keep her and Raj together? I'm looking forward to the next episode, since I'd like to see if and how Raj will take her parts against Sheldon, and in what insulting way Sheldon is going to apologize with her, LOL!!!! Anyway, I really hope to see a development whatsoever for them. It's been almost two years since they are together and we know so little about their relationship, Howard and Bernadette almost got married in two years...

As for Howard and Bernie, I like the idea of renovating their house. It's a big step for them, maybe the first step to start a family. I'm not sure it will happen soon, maybe towards the end of next season, but I agree that in order to change the show as little as possible and at the same time create new plots, if someone is going to have a baby, it should be Howardette. Regarding their renovated home, I was wondering...Up to now we haven't seen a single dinner for all the gang in 4A. Now that Sheldon and Amy are back together, every episode should be the right one, and really it's my keenest wish at the moment for a plot. But, what about if the writers are planning to move the dinners in Howardette's home? That could give them more freedom for the living arrangements in 4A/4B...Just a thought...

• Like 4

I guess I love Emily's creepiness. When I watched that YouTube video last night, it made me laugh when she joked about leavng the torso of her friend she "killed" in Palm Springs, California or whatever she said. Hahaha. The way Raj is kind of scared of her is funny too. I'm into the paranormal (ghosts) like she is so I guess I can relate to her on that.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

I guess I love Emily's creepiness. When I watched that YouTube video last night, it made me laugh when she joked about leavng the torso of her friend she "killed" in Palm Springs, California or whatever she said. Hahaha. The way Raj is kind of scared of her is funny too. I'm into the paranormal (ghosts) like she is so I guess I can relate to her on that.

LOL! Maybe Raj should split up with her, get back together with Lucy, and Emily could get together with Stuart. He was really creepy in the last episode. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

This has nothing to do with her refusing to forgive Sheldon (I'd completely forgotten that part of the TR)  but I just don't like Emily. Maybe because she's such a cipher but the creepy factor figures in. Primarily, I've just never seen any evidence that she actually loves Raj. And I've never seen evidence that Raj really loves her. He's just incapable of rejecting a woman who says she wants him.

This isn't a shipper zone, right? I can talk about not wanting them together?

• Like 1

I actually really liked Emily's creepy side! Laura plays that role well in a somehow cute, mysterious way, and it gave Emily actual character! I didn't find her fitting for Raj that way, but even now she's just kind of.... there. Sadly you could take out all 4 mins (I'm exaggerating but I'm prob not far off!) of her screen time this season and it would make no difference! I don't really ship Rajily (that's what I've been calling them anyway lol) but Raj deserves a fairy tale! :) 

And as far as Howardette/Shamy/Lenny babies, I can't decide who I can imagine getting pregnant first but I think a pregnancy might pop up at the very end of the show when it's been declared the last season and there's less worry about jumping the shark. As a Shamy shipper I would love to see Sheldon ecstatic about being a father (and after Lenny moves out, surprising Amy by turning Leonard's old room into a nursery!) while Amy is freaking out! 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Gbb said:

This has nothing to do with her refusing to forgive Sheldon (I'd completely forgotten that part of the TR)  but I just don't like Emily. Maybe because she's such a cipher but the creepy factor figures in. Primarily, I've just never seen any evidence that she actually loves Raj. And I've never seen evidence that Raj really loves her. He's just incapable of rejecting a woman who says she wants him.

This isn't a shipper zone, right? I can talk about not wanting them together?

Oh, yeah, I say anything goes here, shipper or not. You are right that we don't know that they even love each other....well, to be expected since they haven't been together long.

But Raj dropped an I love you on her when he was afraid to break up with her. What a mess this is. LOL.

Thinking about Sheldon slight fear of red heads and creepy Emily makes me laugh. LOL.

In other news, I'd be down if they brought back Yvette for Raj if Emily doesn't work out. I never liked how Penny said, "it looks like there's something going on with those two." or whatever and Yvette even gives Raj her number and then nothing came out that. Too bad. 

• Like 6

I know she's messed up, but to me Lucy's is the only girl I've seen Raj have real chemistry with. And more to the point, she's the only one I've ever cared whether or not it worked out with. I'd love to see them reconnect, maybe discover she's been in therapy and worked through some of her social anxiety. But I'd still like to see her quirky. I can see her fitting right into the group.  I don't know if the actress is available or not, but I'd love to see them bring her back.

• Like 5

First of all: Thank you for making this thread! There's always a few side comments about those pairings here and there but never really a proper discussion because it's either not the right place or a different discussion is steamrolling any attempt to start one.

Anyway...

Rajly - I quite like Emily, actually. I think the both of them are cute enough as a couple and I don't mind her being into creepy stuff. I actually thought/hoped that they would both work through their differences and find a compromise that fits the both of them. And for a while it looked like the show was going there... but then they kinda dropped the ball. Raj wanting to break up with her because she was crossing a line with the cemetery was fair enough, but the writers didn't go through with it. And then they kinda forgot about Emily... ugh. At this point in S9 Raj might have as well been single cause we barely saw her and if she was in any episode she didn't really get any thing to do so... uhm yeah. I kinda hope that now that they've secured Laura Spencer as a series regular they'll try to rectify that issue and have some storylines for Raj and Emily. (Idk if there might have been issues with Laura's availability prior to that??) I hope it's not too late for that... oh well.

Howardette - Idek why but I really like them as a couple and I'm happy to see them renovating the house and start planning a family. I mean, I'm not a fan of this Bernie playing Howard's ersatz-mom dynamic that they like to play for laughs all the time. But still I find myself rooting for them to find a healthy balance with that. Maybe if Bernie does get pregnant at some point Howard can grow up a bit more and be the partner that Bernie needs for this family to work. Howard can be a really great guy if he wants to so it's not impossible.

• Like 7

I love Emily! Shes hot. And I love that she is creepy thats part of her appeal to me. Why does it matter if Emily does not love Raj, or Raj does not love Emily? They are just dating and having fun, theirs nothing wrong with that. Not all relationships on this show need to be for love. Casual dating is okay. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure why people want Lucy  back. Her purpose was over when Raj started talking.  There seems to be an effort to try to make Emily more normal. I think there are some more storylines with Rajily because the tank is starting run low on Shamy and Lenny stories.

Howdette storylines are also starting to run dry. I could see a trying to get pregnant storyline with them but I can't picture actual kids ever on the show.

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I love Emily! Shes hot.

I thought it was just Penny. LOL.  What's funny to me about them when they're romantic they actually look better together than the other three couples. When Emily explained about where her three tattoos were at that was totally hot. Unfortunately after that and in season 8 the creepy Emily was back. They need to keep creepy Emily to a minimum.

• Like 1

After the last episode and the TR of the next one I'm very confused about Rajily. In the last episode, Emily finally got more than a couple of lines, so it was more  evident that there some sort of character development for her. It was made clear that now she is part of girls night, maybe not all of them (since she was not in the girls night we saw on screen) but she is somehow part of the group,  she and Penny have overcome their dislike, she seemed comfortable in spending the whole week-end with the gang. This, together with the fact that Laura Spencer is now part of the regular cast, could make me think that she will stick around as Raj girlfriend and, to be honest, as long as Emily creepiness is turned down, I would be ok with that. Anyway, I was a little uncomfortable with Raj's behavior towards her during the episode. When Sheldon came to apologize with them the first time, basically he offended again Emily to his face, and he didn't take her part and, on the contrary,  he asked her to stop the fight. It's strange, it's not what a boyfriend should do, IMO. And now, in the upcoming episode, there is Claire...Raj has doubts about his relationship, or he would not keep dreaming about a lovely family with this girl, I guess...I'm starting to think he has with Emily the same problem Amy had with Sheldon: being alone for so long, he has built in his head the idea of the  perfect girlfriend and now he can't deal properly with the one he has and he keeps dreaming about new people, who may or may not be the perfect girlfriend . Where will he go from that? Will Claire appear again on the show? and, if this is the case,  will she fulfill Raj's expectation about the perfect girlfriend? As I've said that before, at the beginning of the season I liked very much Molaro's interview about Raj; the idea of him learning to be alone and to prefer being actually alone rather than being with the wrong girl sounded an interesting journey for the character. But I'm not sure I would like this journey to change into him being unfaithful to Emily or, worse, him leaving Emily only if he can be with somebody else.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

Since they're making her a "regular", perhaps they'll do something where she and Raj split up for a while and eventually get back together. Or if they don't want to go that route, Rajily will work out their issues so that they can be happy together.

As for toning down her creepiness, I guess I'm one of those who doesn't mind how she is. I love that these show creators create such beautifully diverse characters with different quirks and personalities. I love that in each character, I can pick things about them that are just like me. 

Anyhoo, I hope in the end. Rajily work out because I do like her.

• Like 6

On January 12, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Chrismo said:

I'm not sure why people want Lucy  back. Her purpose was over when Raj started talking.  There seems to be an effort to try to make Emily more normal. I think there are some more storylines with Rajily because the tank is starting run low on Shamy and Lenny stories.

Howdette storylines are also starting to run dry. I could see a trying to get pregnant storyline with them but I can't picture actual kids ever on the show.

I thought it was just Penny. LOL.  What's funny to me about them when they're romantic they actually look better together than the other three couples. When Emily explained about where her three tattoos were at that was totally hot. Unfortunately after that and in season 8 the creepy Emily was back. They need to keep creepy Emily to a minimum.

I thought I was the only one that felt this way about Lucy. I really don't see her coming back and I also really don't get why people wanna see her with Stuart -- wouldn't that be so awkward for Raj? lol

And I think maybe the writers either decided to completely throw out Emily's creepy side or they're gonna bring it back big time in a future episode. Other than Sheldon's comment about Emily burying Raj in The 2003 Approximation there haven't been any creepy Emily references since last season (I don't think). 

56 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

After the last episode and the TR of the next one I'm very confused about Rajily. In the last episode, Emily finally got more than a couple of lines, so it was more  evident that there some sort of character development for her. It was made clear that now she is part of girls night, maybe not all of them (since she was not in the girls night we saw on screen) but she is somehow part of the group,  she and Penny have overcome their dislike, she seemed comfortable in spending the whole week-end with the gang. This, together with the fact that Laura Spencer is now part of the regular cast, could make me think that she will stick around as Raj girlfriend and, to be honest, as long as Emily creepiness is turned down, I would be ok with that. Anyway, I was a little uncomfortable with Raj's behavior towards her during the episode. When Sheldon came to apologize with them the first time, basically he offended again Emily to his face, and he didn't take her part and, on the contrary,  he asked her to stop the fight. It's strange, it's not what a boyfriend should do, IMO. And now, in the upcoming episode, there is Claire...Raj has doubts about his relationship, or he would not keep dreaming about a lovely family with this girl, I guess...I'm starting to think he has with Emily the same problem Amy had with Sheldon: being alone for so long, he has built in his head the idea of the  perfect girlfriend and now he can deal properly with the one he has and he keeps dreaming about new people, who may or may not be the perfect girlfriend . Where will he go from that? Will Claire appear again on the show? and, if this is the case,  will she fulfill Raj's expectation about the perfect girlfriend? As I've said that before, at the beginning of the season I liked very much Molaro's interview about Raj; the idea of him learning to be alone and to prefer being actually alone rather than being with the wrong girl sounded an interesting journey for the character. But I'm not sure I would like this journey to change into him being unfaithful to Emily or, worse, him leaving Emily only if he can be with somebody else.

I am so curious about what they're doing with this whole Raj/Emily/Claire story next episode -- I honestly have NO idea where they are going with this, or if it's just a random one-episode storyline of Raj's feelings for Emily being tested. I can't wait to see how it plays out! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Since they're making her a "regular", perhaps they'll do something where she and Raj split up for a while and eventually get back together. Or if they don't want to go that route, Rajily will work out their issues so that they can be happy together.

As for toning down her creepiness, I guess I'm one of those who doesn't mind how she is. I love that these show creators create such beautifully diverse characters with different quirks and personalities. I love that in each character, I can pick things about them that are just like me. 

*nods*

When they introduced Amy and Bernadette I was pleased that they were both scientists but disappointed that at least one of them wasn't a little bit geeky, with Emily we have a have a character with alternative interests!

I wasn't pleased with Raj treating her interest in horror the way most girls typically treat the guys (in the show) interests in comics/sci fi but I guess it goes both ways :) 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Isn't it the way the couples on this show cement their relationship by breaking up at some point so they can come back together?

Emily's creepiness made her different from the other girls and I think that had good and bad points.  Maybe they could tone her down enough to be with the girls but still creepy enough to make Raj nervous.

Howardette having a child would be a natural progression of the couple I think.  And there could be a lot of comedy in having Bernie be pregnant.  Oh maybe she will become the creepy one because of the pregnancy hormones.

• Like 2

So with Raj daydreamin and clicking with other women, is this just a one off or Raj story arc for a change of woman?

• Like 1

I'm thinking definitely some kind of drama for the pair where they are separated at this point. When Sheldon asks Emily on the party bus, "Are you relieved that you and Raj were able to patch things up?" and she replies, "At the moment? No, not really."

I think Emily's line was pretty telling.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Well, I was right and in other news, BERNIE IS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool! So we will have some pregnancy plots for Howardette for the rest of the season and probably a birth at the beginning of season 10.

• Like 6

Bernie's pregnany should result in many funny storylines. I wonder what went with the "no kids on the show"-comment by TPTB (?), also considering a possible 11th season.

Edited by luminous
  • Like 3

Very interesting about Bernadette being pregnant. While they had been thinking about it it still came as a shock especially considering it likely there will be a 11th season. 2 whole seasons and at one time Steve once said Babies change the DNA of a show indicating there would not be kids on this show. But that was a few years ago before Leonard and Penny became engaged. 

I think Melissa is Pregnant and so they changed their minds (not wanting to go through all the hassle of having to hide it, etc, especially as Melissa is very short) and  decided to write it in. It also gives some storylines for season 10 and 11 and rest of this season. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 5