Howardette & Rajily (Spoilers) Thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I was right and in other news, BERNIE IS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all: Thank you for making this thread! There's always a few side comments about those pairings here and there but never really a proper discussion because it's either not the right place or a

I agree. It ain't over. Although, I have to say, I was hoping they'd do a different approach for this couple rather than the "break them up so they realize they belong together" thing that they'v

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I can't help but think that this is Emily and Raj's 'break' and that they will get back together for some reason.

I agree. I think the chapter "Rajily" is not yet closed.

• Like 4

I agree. It ain't over.

Although, I have to say, I was hoping they'd do a different approach for this couple rather than the "break them up so they realize they belong together" thing that they've done with all the other couples on the show. Can we switch it up a little? Geez. LOL.

• Like 7

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad they broke up. I was never a big fan of Emily's or their relationship. I'm fine with Raj being single for a while. Now what I don't want to see is sad, desperate Raj ready to be with any girl that shows interest in him. Then again, considering that Laura was promoted to series regular, this might not be the end of it. Anyway, I really like Raj and I'm happy he's finally getting more storylines!

About Bernadette being pregnant, I was kinda in the "no babies on the show" camp :icon_cheesygrin: But let's see how it'll turn out!

• Like 3

Bernadette's and Howards kid well be 2 by s12 lol. Just saying, so shouldn't effect much. I like Emily. She's too good for Raj haha. But I agree don't think this is the end. 

• Like 1

I´m torn somehow, because on one hand, I don´t want Rajily to come together again, because at the end of season 8, I had the feeling that he doesn´t love Emily and only said "I love you" to her, because he wanted to rescue the situation, so he said that he loves her to calm and to wipe away her break up thoughts.

I mean if it takes one woman to distract him and to make him break up with Emily, it wasn´t really love that he was feeling for her and it increases my thoughts, that he was only with her, because he didn´t want to be the only one in the gang without a girlfriend. 

On the other hand, I don´t want to loose Emily, because she´s the first character, that is different compared to the other girls and I like how Laura Spencer plays her.

I must admit that I was a great Raj and Lucy fan, because I loved their chemistry, they were so cute together and they really seemed to like each other and wanted to try to challenge their issues for the other. So when Lucy broke up with Raj and left the show, I was really sad and had my issues to accept Emily first.

But the more I found out about her, the more I started to accept her, until I realized that I was starting to like her.

I like her creepy character, I loved her in the Prom Night episode, when Howard tried to suffocate Stuart with his bare hands, while she was like: "Oh, this getting interesting!" I was even planning to write a ff about her and Raj, where she invites the gang to visit her uncle in Scotland, but as soon as they arrive, they spent one hell of  a holiday there. 

There´s just one more thing I wanted to say about Howardette: I love the fact, that Bernie is pregnant! Can´t wait to see the guys babysitting, finding their own way, to change diapers and to get the baby sleep.

Can you imagine them making their own babymilk or that they invent a machine that shakes the baby slowly into sleep? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I can't help but think that this is Emily and Raj's 'break' and that they will get back together for some reason.

Maybe get some movement on Raj's end with regards to his feelings :) 

I saw a review of the episode on the Shamy thread and it sort agrees with what you are saying.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluebird said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad they broke up. I was never a big fan of Emily's or their relationship. I'm fine with Raj being single for a while. Now what I don't want to see is sad, desperate Raj ready to be with any girl that shows interest in him. Then again, considering that Laura was promoted to series regular, this might not be the end of it. Anyway, I really like Raj and I'm happy he's finally getting more storylines!

About Bernadette being pregnant, I was kinda in the "no babies on the show" camp :icon_cheesygrin: But let's see how it'll turn out!

You are not alone! But I really like Laura Spencer and she seems sweet. So maybe they can keep her around somehow?

• Like 3

I don't think Emily is gone for good.... I don't really see much chemistry between her and raj but the fact that Laura Spencer was brought on as a regular and then barely on screen since then indicates that there's gotta be more... and I can't see why they would have Sheldon give her such a heartfelt apology just to get rid of her 2 episodes later! I'm starting to think the writers just don't know what to do with raj :( 

• Like 4

Do you think, now that Howard is becoming a father, that the writers decide that he meets his father?

I wonder how it would be for Howard? There´s no doubt, that it would be emotional, but the more interesting question should be, how this encounter would affect him, regarding his own fathership? What if he found out, that his father is more like him than he thought and he starts questioning himself, if he could be a better father for his baby than his father was?

It would be interesting how he would handle it. And I want to know, which of the stories the gang had told Howard about his father were true.

It´s a pitty, that we never get to see Howardette´s child at the age of 5. Imagine a boy, with a Beetles´ haircut, a polo neck and colourful, close-fitting pants? Or a girl with a Beetles´ haircut, a floral dress and a detachable polo neck who speaks like her mother? 44.gif

And regarding Raj and Emily: Maybe they decide to stay friends until Raj finds out what he wants and realizes that he does love Emily?

Or the writers decide to find another man for Emily and Raj?

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2016 at 9:34 AM, lpm said:

if she wasn't willing to forgive Sheldon on his apology tour, then who the hell is she?  

Lol how dare she!

tumblr_mg69lb49sE1rzxujso1_500.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Desdemona said:

Do you think, now that Howard is becoming a father, that the writers decide that he meets his father?

I wonder how it would be for Howard? There´s no doubt, that it would be emotional, but the more interesting question should be, how this encounter would affect him, regarding his own fathership? What if he found out, that his father is more like him than he thought and he starts questioning himself, if he could be a better father for his baby than his father was?

It would be interesting how he would handle it. And I want to know, which of the stories the gang had told Howard about his father was true.

It´s a pitty, that he never get to see Howardette´s child at the age of 5. Imagine a boy, with a Beetles´ haircut, a polo neck and colourful, close-fitting pants? Or a girl with a Beetles´ haircut, a floral dress and a detachable polo neck who speaks like her mother? 44.gif

And regarding Raj and Emily: Maybe they decide to stay friends until Raj finds out what he wants and realizes that he does love Emily?

Or the writers decide to find another man for Emily and Raj?

I hope that they do go down this route!

Simon's father in real life is an actor, wonder if they would cast him? :) 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I hope that they do go down this route!

Simon's father in real life is an actor, wonder if they would cast him? :) 

OMG he is? :)

Oh, this has to be more than just a coincidence. It would be awesome if chose Simon´s father!

The writers can´t let this oportunity slip through their fingers.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

He´s handsome! And a theatrical actor! He so has to play his father. I wonder if he still has a German accent. Would be cute!

3 hours ago, JE7 said:

Lol how dare she!

tumblr_mg69lb49sE1rzxujso1_500.gif

LOL, I´m glad that she didn´t buy his apology spiced with insults regarding her profession.

The second apology was way better, he can be nice if he wants to.

• Like 1

I don´t understand why Raj insisted to get together with this Claire, if she clearly said that she has no interest in a relationship with him?

My guess is, that there´s some kind of Bollywood film going on in his mind, where she says no, but deep inside her heart she wants to be together with him, but has some issues, so she is holding back her feelings. The only way to express her real feelings is to dance around each other and sing out their feelings for each other. 46.gif

Remember when Bernadette and Raj did that once? It was great, I couldn´t stop laughing!

I'm very happy that Howardette is having a baby. I honestly think they will make wonderful parents.

I hope Rajily get back together. I like Emily and I just wish we could have seen more of her and Raj as a couple interacting. If that doesn't work out...I could ship a Saj or Ruart (Raj and Stuart) bromance.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I don´t understand why Raj insisted to get together with this Claire, if she clearly said that she has no interest in a relationship with him?

My guess is, that there´s some kind of Bollywood film going on in his mind, where she says no, but deep inside her heart she wants to be together with him, but has some issues, so she is holding back her feelings. The only way to express her real feelings is to dance around each other and sing out their feelings for each other. 46.gif

Remember when Bernadette and Raj did that once? It was great, I couldn´t stop laughing!

To be fair, Claire also said that she felt a "connection" with him, she wasn't completely indifferent, it was just that she didn't want to get involved after he told her he already had a girlfriend. And, of course, she continued to live her life and met a new boyfriend, since what she felt was  just a "connection", not unconditional love. The problem was that for Raj that connection directly led to unconditional love, marriage, children, in perfect Bollywood style, as you told. That has always been his biggest fault, he of course wasn't in love with her (as I think he was not in love with any of the other women in his life) but just with the idea a prefect girlfriend. To be honest, I don't think Raj would have found the courage to break up with Emily without being sure (in his ideal and fake world) that he had a real chance with Claire...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mirs1 said:

To be fair, Claire also said that she felt a "connection" with him, she wasn't completely indifferent, it was just that she didn't want to get involved after he told her he already had a girlfriend. And, of course, she continued to live her life and met a new boyfriend, since what she felt was  just a "connection", not unconditional love. The problem was that for Raj that connection directly led to unconditional love, marriage, children, in perfect Bollywood style, as you told. That has always been his biggest fault, he of course wasn't in love with her (as I think he was not in love with any of the other women in his life) but just with the idea a prefect girlfriend. To be honest, I don't think Raj would have found the courage to break up with Emily without being sure (in his ideal and fake world) that he had a real chance with Claire...

Ok, I can´t remember the whole TR, all I know is that she was interested in a professional collaboration with Raj, because she writes science fiction books or comics and needs therefore his expertise. But he said no, because he already has a girlfriend.

That´s why I thought, that he just assumed that she was having interest in a relationship, because that´s how all his encounters with the other gender went: Everytime a woman was kind to him, he got all obsessed with the idea, that she had interest in him. First he was interested in Penny, than Bernadette and then Amy (after she said that she has no interest in him lol).

The only serious relationship he had before he met Emily was with Lucy. He seemed really devastasted after she broke up with him, so much, that he even started to talk to other women. So she was the first woman that changed him for good.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Ok, I can´t remember the whole TR, all I know is that she was interested in a professional collaboration with Raj, because she writes science fiction books or comics and needs therefore his expertise. But he said no, because he already has a girlfriend.

That´s why I thought, that he just assumed that she was having interest in a relationship, because that´s how all his encounters with the other gender went: Everytime a woman was kind to him, he got all obsessed with the idea, that she had interest in him. First he was interested in Penny, than Bernadette and then Amy (after she said that she has no interest in him lol).

The only serious relationship he had before he met Emily was with Lucy. He seemed really devastasted after she broke up with him, so much, that he even started to talk to other women. So she was the first woman that changed him for good.

If I remember correctly the taping report, after he told her that he had a girlfriend, at some point he asked her if she felt a "connection" with him and she actually said she felt. But, obviously, since she got a new boyfriend soon after that, it was just a "something"...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1