913 The Empathy Optimization (January 14th)

Tensor

26 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I liked the episode very much, it was funny and lighthearted, the tag just made my day! I was not very happy when I saw the promo for the episode, the idea of "Sheldon Cooper's apology tour" seemed forced and kind of old, but I liked how it played out on screen. Another memento (till the next time I will do it again, and knowing me I'm sure there will be a next time, LOL!) that's better to hold on my judgement until I see the actual episode... A little weird to know that now suddenly Emily is part of girls-night. I would have preferred to see on screen how Penny and her overcame their initial dislike, now they seem to get along really well. Nice to see Emily's creepiness toned down, that was bothering me a big deal last season. I still don't feel there is so much bond between her and Raj, though...I'm looking forward to see how the writers will develop their relationship, now I'm curious. Felt sorry for Stuart in the end, he was the only one left out of that trip, poor guy!

I think he made it on the bus, didn't he? 

Having Emily on girls' night is really sudden though it's a nice idea to introduce Rajily in the story. She has only been in scenes with Raj and we got to admit - she's creepy!... ShAmy's skype call is really cute, too. Amy definitely has an impact on Sheldon. Maybe he did the Apology Tour to be invited to the party bus but she got him to do it!

I hoped for a group episode and I got it (even when Amy is on a "convention"). It's been long enough that we hadn't seen them together (with Emily, this time). More group episodes please!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, vonmar said:

Everyone on Twitter wants to know where they can get a "Sheldon Cooper Apologized To Me" shirt.

Any bets on how soon they are available at CBS online store...LOLOL.

Done!  I think right after the California showing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Ironically Sheldon diddn't mean the apology, he just wanted to get on the bus lol. Sorry its true. Basically no different to his Wheton Crushers T Shirt in S3. 

Wheres the place to vote for the episode? 

If that were the case, there would have been no need for him to apologize to Stuart, who was not invited on the trip.  

Sheldon's apologies were sincere.  He had Stuart tag along to ensure he had company once he got back off the bus after his final attempt to apologize to Emily, and probably to drive him around. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

If that were the case, there would have been no need for him to apologize to Stuart, who was not invited on the trip.  

Sheldon's apologies were sincere.  He had Stuart tag along to ensure he had company once he got back off the bus after his final attempt to apologize to Emily, and probably to drive him around. 

I think the only sincere apology was the last one on the bus to Emily..

6 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Right well most the shamys are commenting about the episode on the shamy thread

The hostility here and on the discussion thread has driven some to just stay there now

It's easier to hide when others are right.

Edited by Tripper
  • Like 1

I absolutely loved the slow pan from the ladies discussing superhero movies to the guys listening in the kitchen.  I'm positive my face looked just like theirs in that moment.  In my mind I was like, "Oh wow, it's happening again!"  And Raj was right, it was beautiful while it lasted.

Penny's "Leonard!" from the shower was hilarious!

I don't know what to think about Emily.  I find myself liking her, but I really don't want to since she disappears for such long periods of time.   I laughed at her last line about not being glad (at that moment) that she and Raj had worked things out as she watched him dancing on the pole.

I wish we could follow the gang's adventures in Vegas, but I doubt we'll ever hear any more about the trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tripper said:

Please keep the episode thread focused on the episode at hand and not on any wider ship debates.

Isn't a shipping thread to discuss that couple? Since last nights show wasn't about any couple episode discussion shouldn't be happening?

4 hours ago, jenafan said:

Amen to that!

Edited by fragileShAmyheart
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rajamon said:

I absolutely loved the slow pan from the ladies discussing superhero movies to the guys listening in the kitchen.  I'm positive my face looked just like theirs in that moment.  In my mind I was like, "Oh wow, it's happening again!"  And Raj was right, it was beautiful while it lasted.

Penny's "Leonard!" from the shower was hilarious!

I don't know what to think about Emily.  I find myself liking her, but I really don't want to since she disappears for such long periods of time.   I laughed at her last line about not being glad (at that moment) that she and Raj had worked things out as she watched him dancing on the pole.

I wish we could follow the gang's adventures in Vegas, but I doubt we'll ever hear any more about the trip.

Perhaps we will get more of Emily in the second half of the season. 

13 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Excellent episode. Episode of the season for me. Great balance. Penny and Bernadette showering Raj with money LOL. Felt like old days in the opening scene. With the girls like in S6. And the guys WOW lol. For 56 seconds this is good. Then Sheldon walks in... LOL. Oh well status quo resumes LOL. I loved the flashbacks to him annoying everyone. It felt like TPTB vicarosley through the characters, were saying yeah we know were sick of Sheldon too. Penny was bang on. When Emily was like "I know he is a jerk, but I kinda feel bad for him" Penny: Now you see our problem LOL. I LOLED for the first time in years. When Sheldon told Stuart you clearly were not invited, poor Stuart LOL. Emily I bloddy love you!! Finnally someone stands up to Sheldon. Officially love her character. Sheldons never genuinely sorry though. Because he well just repeat his behaviour in the future, so well he ever learn? Made me realize though. AS much as this was Sheldon heavy again. Like Barney, the show would not be the same without Sheldon. For better, or for worse.  Penny poor girl. She already revealed shes unhappy with the manchild. Sheldon then comes in full guns blazing, when shes in the shower LOL. Leonard!!! Finnally we see a scene like that haha. Overall great episode. Not alot of Lenny for my liking haha. But well see in the future. Just a Fun Fun episode. And showed how Sheldon is now just some guy that takes up alot of room, and a guy they have to put up with on a daily basis. Enjoyed the interaction of just Leonard and Sheldon. Felt like the old days. 

ETA: Has Johnny gained weight? One scene where Leonard and Sheldon were talking. Damn pot belly. Looks like someones been enjoying life a little too much.

LOL. I thought so, too! I love the Barney reference, by the way. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Funny I loved the episode. Different strokes and all. Dont get balance tho. Everyone was in this episode. Agree though Emily was the star.

Its a filler because Shamy weren't centre of attention, right.

Nah, this episode had a good amount of Shamy :) My lack of enthusiasm for this episode was due to it being what I felt was 80% Sheldon trying to apologize, 10% Emily putting Sheldon in his place, and only 10% really funny lines from everyone else. I know the episode is supposed to be Sheldon-centric, but I felt that he wasn't as funny as the rest of the gang in this one.... which is disappointing for an episode that is mostly him in the spotlight. My favorite moments were the guys' reactions to the girls' conversation in the opening scene, and of course Raj at the end!

And actually Sheldon did have one moment that really impressed me and that was his apology to Emily on the bus. He's becoming much more self aware of his treatment of others. 

• Like 3

I enjoyed the episode and found several moments to be extremely funny. The less creepy Emily was nice to see. Really enjoyed the cold opening. 

The 'further evolution of Sheldon' theme I can do without. I understand that many people find it enjoyable but, to me, it has gotten tedious. Every other character on the show is consistent (discounting continuity issues). Sheldon, however, comes in at least three versions. Original Sheldon who is highly intellectual, condescending and filled with delusions of grandeur; Juvenile Sheldon who acts like an overgrown child (my least favorite); and self discovery Sheldon who is like an automaton trying to develop into a real human.

Overall; A very good episode.

• Like 5

On 1/13/2016 at 6:28 PM, vasu said:

back to the norm I guess.. sheldon show.....haha....

why are leonard and penny still living with Sheldon....???

Simply because that's what the writers want. there's nothing any of us can do about it. Yes, she could have showered in her apartment. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

Simply because that's what the writers want. there's nothing any of us can do about it. Yes, she could have showered in her apartment. 

Bigger question was why wasn't Leonard in there with her.  You know washing her back and stuff.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, fragileShAmyheart said:

Having Emily on girls' night is really sudden though it's a nice idea to introduce Rajily in the story. She has only been in scenes with Raj and we got to admit - she's creepy!... ShAmy's skype call is really cute, too. Amy definitely has an impact on Sheldon. Maybe he did the Apology Tour to be invited to the party bus but she got him to do it!

I hoped for a group episode and I got it (even when Amy is on a "convention"). It's been long enough that we hadn't seen them together (with Emily, this time). More group episodes please!

It crossed my mind that Amy's appearance by Skype in the last two episodes was an accommodation for her back injury in December.  From her Groknation blog about the Nutcracker:

"In the epic fail of my life (at least that’s how it felt to me at the time), the day before “The Nutcracker” – on the day that would have been my father’s 73rd birthday, God rest his soul – I threw my back out. Like, I was hinged at the waist and immobile. Then I could not stand or walk for days. (I still managed to livetweet the airing of my Christmasy movie, “The Flight Before Christmas,” but I was in pain much of the time.)"

Edited by CarlLMartin
spelling
  • Like 3

On 13/01/2016 at 8:28 AM, vasu said:

back to the norm I guess.. sheldon show.....haha....

why are leonard and penny still living with Sheldon....???

I see you asked that before the episode aired.

It can only be for the same reason Penny called him back onto the party bus.

The other questions for this episode would be

1. Why did Sheldon want to go anyway? He could have some time to himself and he had no interest in Vegas.
  2. How is Sheldon going to tolerate being on a party bus with the hoopla going on? I'd think he would much rather be home alone. What has Amy done to Sheldon?
  3. Once Sheldon was better why was Amy not back?

tumblr_lt0wkjh2DJ1qfhvpzo2_500.gif

Edited by djsurrey

13 hours ago, fragileShAmyheart said:

Amen to that!

That was the only time he was genuine imo. With Emily he made a backhanded comment about her career. Apologized in the end. But after all these years. It still shouldn't take him so long to make a genuine apology.

6 hours ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

But why should she have to? She lives at 4A too. She has every right, and is Entitled to privacy. Yes I know it's Sheldon lol. But doesent excuse it imo.

Edited by 3ku11