The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stardustmelody

2016 Emmy Awards

2 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

I don't know if it's surprising or not but it's a shame. Thought some of the acting was very good in Season 9 especially in a season more dramatic compared to previous seasons and asking some of the actors to try their hand at something different with their characters.

I disagree. The show hasn't been good in a couple of years and the lack of "big" category nominations reflect that.

• Like 3

I think Tbbt time at the award shows are definite over.

I don´t think that the season has been bad in any way, but I think that Tbbt don´t get any nomination is because it has been around for quite some time now.

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Lagernisse said:

I think Tbbt time at the award shows are definite over.

At something like this that isn't based on fan popularity I agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginny Hamilton said:

Well, I'll join the masses, then.  Perhaps I've always been there anyway.  Here's to the know-nothings like me who laugh because they aren't bright enough to realize it isn't funny.  So it goes.

It would be nice if the actors/ show got nominated. But did Jennifer Lawrence win an Oscar for Hunger Games which is way more popular than any other movies she's done? My point is people liked Hunger games for what it was. Deep down they know it's not Oscar material. I think TBBT is the same way. I'll be honest and I'm sure I will get heat for this. None of the actors, even the ones who have won, IMO weren't really Emmy worthy.

• Like 1

Goes to show when you turn an ensembles show into a one man show. The others characters and the show suffers when it comes to nominations. After a while people begin to notice and get bored of the same old same.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Oh, not even jim? Mmmm well yeah i agree their time at the Emmys is done. Maybe they will get nominations in their last year, who knows. I think too the nominations has nothing to do with whether the show is or isn't funny anymore. it's more about what the critics choose and all that Emmy mess. We fans have  a definition of 'deserving' that clearly is not shared by the ppl who vote in this industry.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Andy_90's_generation said:

Oh, not even jim? Mmmm well yeah i agree their time at the Emmys is done. Maybe they will get nominations in their last year, who knows. I think too the nominations has nothing to do with whether the show is or isn't funny anymore. it's more about what the critics choose and all that Emmy mess. We fans have  a definition of 'deserving' that clearly is not shared by the ppl who vote in this industry.

6 minutes ago, Andy_90's_generation said:

Thank you, Andy.  A voice of reason.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Goes to show when you turn an ensembles show into a one man show. The others characters and the show suffers when it comes to nominations. After a while people begin to notice and get bored of the same old same.

I agree. I could see our favorites win if the Emmys had categories such as:

Favorite TV couple standing in a kitchen- Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco

Favorite actor portraying a clueless character- Jim Parsons

Favorite actor portraying a douchebag- Kunal Nayyar

Most predictable scene after first time coitus- Jim Parsons, Mayim Bialik

in all seriousness someone like Jim Parsons was a better actor when the show was more of an ensemble. Him taking over all the scenes in the show now has almost turned him into a cartoon character.

• Like 8

As I was driving home from work and had not heard any of the noms, the dj was talking about the snubs like Jim, Mayim, the show, other shows like OITNB, but also mentioned Modern Family and how it got a nom so it must be great even though he had never seen it.  He then talked about how hard it is for network shows to compete with cable shows. I will continue to watch, just like I have watched ncis from the beginning, which has excellent actors and never gets nominated. sorry to ramble. :scratchhead:

• Like 2

i think i agree with Chrismo too in this one.

this is not the thread to talk about it, but yeah, where is my season 6 Sheldon???? maybe he is a better developed version in some alternative universe... 

Edited by Andy_90's_generation
  • Like 2

As I was driving home from work and had not heard any of the noms, the dj was talking about the snubs like Jim, Mayim, the show, other shows like OITNB, but also mentioned Modern Family and how it got a nom so it must be great even though he had never seen it.  He then talked about how hard it is for network shows to compete with cable shows. I will continue to watch, just like I have watched ncis from the beginning, which has excellent actors and never gets nominated. sorry to ramble. kolobok_scratch_one-s_head.gif

Jim, Mayim and the show. No one else? They don't find Jim funny just like a lot of fans of the show for a while now. Including me. He needs to be taken off continuous repeat. . Ppls saying Mayim should win an award for her sad face when Sheldon said no to getting back together. Please... At least the people who do the nominations live in the real world and nominates a show in the comedy category that is comedy, not a comedy show full of drama while the rest of the multi talented cast are given breadcrumbs and not given a chance and their talent wasted for the sake of money to promote the Sheldon Show.

• Like 2

I shouldn't have risen to the bait, will try again harder in the future. My apologies.

Good luck to those nominated behind the camera.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 1

Well i could say the same about ppls who come on here and rant about how Jim & Mayim should be nominated for every single award for being sooooo talented.

I enjoy TBBT but reflecting back on the season nothing really stood out that wasn't cliché.   

Plus if you know me I firmly the believe the show is stuck in a rut.  I enjoy it but it is going on it's 10th season and yet there seems to be lil motivation to really advance the stories.  It's enjoyable, it's comfortable, but it's not really advancing much. 

• Like 6

I think everyone wants their favorite to be nominated for an Emmy. What ends up happening on herethough is people tend to say I'm disappointed Jim and Mayim should have been nominated or they deserved to be nominated. I understand there is more Jim and Mayim fans on here but it comes out as the other five can't act even though it may not been intended that way. And if it was intended that way you can't be upset others may/will disagree with you.

• Like 2

I truly still love the show its characters and the story. Jim and Mayim were wonderful in their arc this past season. It is a shame they weren't nominated. I also felt in earlier seasons Simon should he been nominated. As long as we still enjoy the show it shouldn't really matter. 

Question for you all- Do you think this Emmy "snub" will play a part in if we get season 11 or more?

Well i want to sleep with Beyonce tonight but its not going to happen.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Well i want to sleep with Beyonce tonight but its not going to happen.

LOL !!!!!  

Are you sure about that  ?

16 minutes ago, Shamyyes said:

I truly still love the show its characters and the story. Jim and Mayim were wonderful in their arc this past season. It is a shame they weren't nominated. I also felt in earlier seasons Simon should he been nominated. As long as we still enjoy the show it shouldn't really matter. 

I think Johnny and Kaley should of been nominated in season 6. Their arc was much better than ...

• Like 3

LOL !!!!!  

Are you sure about that  ?

Hell yeah. But just because i want or think i do want to doesn't mean its going to happen. I should be nominated for an award for just wanting to. :)

The thing is (imo), if jim and mayim did a wonderful job portraying their characters  in a much serious/sad arc this season, that's wonderful for the show and the shamy fans that wanted to see some advance. But i think, why would they be nominated as comedy actors when they were doing performances that weren't intended as comedy? I'm not like happy about it, but well, yeah i understand they aren't nominated and kinda knew it tbh. Now, why not simon or melissa?? Or yeah, even kaley 'cos she is funny, has been since the beginning.... i think that's unfair. Really unfair, simon not nominated s not cool. 

• Like 3

one of my points all along. It's suppose to be a comedy show not a drama show.

• Like 1

As a fan of the show when it it is written as an ensemble, I'm glad The Sheldon Show didn't secure any acting or writing nominations. IMO, from what we were given in Season 9, it didn't deserve any.  When TBBT morphed into The Sheldon Show, centering it around what can be called a very polarizing character and invested itself in minimizing all the others, the show, for me, lost a very great deal. Chief among them the humor, clever writing, and ensemble work that originally hooked me into the show. I hope that the lack of recognition for The Sheldon Show MIGHT make TPTB step back and look a lot harder at what originally made this show great, the wonderful writing and ALL the cast. And maybe, we can return to that previous glory for a little bit with what little time we have left with these characters. 

• Like 6

So this is turning into a fandom war? HAHAHA. But damn they really snubbed Big Bang. Are the industry sending a message, by only nominating the Guest Actors. That we have completly moved on from your shit show? :laugh:. Jim is not even nominated. In the past you could always rely on the Jim nomination, but even he has fallen out of favor. Look this was always coming, it is the result of focusing the writing and all the plots around oen sole character. They really beleived dedicating their 200th episode to Sheldon Cooper was going to get them an Emmy? IT is Outstanding Ensemble Comedy Series. Sheldon may be the breakout star of the show, but they made one crucial mistake.  Diminshing The cast around him, partic Johnny and Kaley who made him the breakout he is today. They may be advancing the story, but BBT has not stood out with  a great episode since S7, we all know it. Does not mattrer if you wear a Shamy hat, or a Lenny, or what ever hat. We all know deep down from a creative stand pint this show has been on s slipperly slope since the S7 finaie. IT was not nominated at allf or S8, and once again it was not nominated in S9. At least it used to get nominated.  am starting to really think if S10 should be the last.

Maybe go for one last great season, try to recreate and salvage its legacy. As while the show makes laot of money, I think its sold out to the masses. It used to be The Big Bang Theory. IT is now Sheldon coopers Adventures and is Friends. I Feel they tried ot milk the shit out of Sheldon, seeing how pupular he os. But all they doid was comrpomise the quality fo the show. End of the day Sheldon is a very unqiue character, but he was not the WHOLE show. And trying to make out like he is Since S7 finalie, was stupud stupid stupid. Michael Jordon wsa imo the best bball player of all time, but he would of been ntohing without Rodman e.t.c. You need a Guard, You need a a baseline man. Same in Football. Peyton Manning would be nothing without a Defense Linesman. Same with Big BAng, Sheldon is nothing without his support cast. When the body of the snake dies, so does the head. 

I mean look at Shows like OISTNB, not a comedy. But because it does not fall into any real genre, jsut sub genres. They have found a loophole. They are not going to win BEst Drama. So they can rake in the comedies. IT is not fair to Old FAshion Tradational Multi Camera Sitcoms lke Big Bang. But it is all what is trendy. IF your on Netflix your gonna win a Emmy haha. 

Edited by 3ku11