• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just my two cents... I think every Emmy-win and nomination for Jim was deserved. Also Mayim deserved her nominations resp. Johnny his nomination. And I think it's a pity that Simon wasn't ever on

I'd much rather see a renewal for at least two more years, than an emmy nom.  

I agree that the rest of the cast deserved some love from the Emmys as well as various points in the show - especially Simon! But with those voters it always comes down as what makes an impact and wha

Posted Images

So unhappy that Mayim didn`t get a nomination. It´s really not fair. 

But congrats to  Laurie Metcalf, Christine Baranski and Bob Newheart for their Emmy nomination. Hope one of them wins. Oh and I love Lauries and Christines and Bob´s work on the show that´s why I wrote that I hope one of them wins. And yes all three of them deserve their nomination.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, April said:

Saying positive things about your faves IS NOT the same as saying negative things about everyone else.

My comment was based more on saying it isn't fair. I think I have the right to say it's fair.

53 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

My comment was based more on saying it isn't fair. I think I have the right to say it's fair.

That wasn't a reply to your post.

1 hour ago, April said:

Saying positive things about your faves IS NOT the same as saying negative things about everyone else.

But if I come on here and say kaley really really deserves an emmy someone (no one specific) will say you must hate Mayim Bialik. In this scenario I said nothing negative about Mayim.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But if I come on here and say kaley really really deserves an emmy someone (no one specific) will say you must hate Mayim Bialik. In this scenario I said nothing negative about Mayim.

Then report it.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Well the fact when Big Bang started it wsaen't susposed to go past Season One. SO whether ot not one wathed to see it get Emmys is kinda redundant if you ask me. Besides if it does not matter that Big Bang did not get any nomiations. Then why on earth are we even talking about it huh? Why was this thread created in the first place? In the context of Big Bang and Emmys, clearly it does matter. IT is just conceded to me. OH Emmys don't matter. Welltht is convinient lol. I mean i am sorry obviousley the show does not deserve to be nomianted. But in the past it shoudl of won for S3 and S7. But their is a clear bias againgst multi camera sitcoms. Fair enough you diddnt watch to see the show get Emmys. But we woulden't even be talking about this, if the show diddn't go past Season One. 

I have no idea if this was directed to my post specifically or just in general.  And since I don't see this post as being provocative (Hey Tensor!) I will respond. 

I may be one of those weird people who don't think winning an Emmy is all that.  I would love for them to and glad for Jim's four but if they won none, I wouldn't care.  I have favorite shows like CSI, NCIS and Criminal Minds that haven't won any and I could care less.   Not going to spoil my enjoyment of the shows.

And to further say that I may be weird but I think that the PCA's (People Choice Awards) are more important because I (little ole me) have a small say in who gets these awards. 

Finally, there are parts of the post I quoted above that I simply do not understand what that has to do with anything that has been discussed.

2 hours ago, April said:

So true.  What is it about the phenomena that exists in almost every show that if you like A male star, you must hate B male star, or if you like C female star, you obviously hate D female star. 

I like Leonard and Penny - Johnny and Kaley.  I don't hate any of the other characters or actors.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Then report it.    

I did. The post is on this page and makes no sense since the other posts were removed.

Edited by Chrismo

6 minutes ago, Kasey said:

I have no idea if this was directed to my post specifically or just in general.  And since I don't see this post as being provocative (Hey Tensor!) I will respond. 

I may be one of those weird people who don't think winning an Emmy is all that.  I would love for them to and glad for Jim's four but if they won none, I wouldn't care.  I have favorite shows like CSI, NCIS and Criminal Minds that haven't won any and I could care less.   Not going to spoil my enjoyment of the shows.

And to further say that I may be weird but I think that the PCA's (People Choice Awards) are more important because I (little ole me) have a small say in who gets these awards. 

Finally, there are parts of the post I quoted above that I simply do not understand what that has to do with anything that has been discussed.

So true.  What is it about the phenomena that exists in almost every show that if you like A male star, you must hate B male star, or if you like C female star, you obviously hate D female star. 

I like Leonard and Penny - Johnny and Kaley.  I don't hate any of the other characters or actors.

I´m totally with on this one,

To me it doesn´t matter at all if they don´t get any awards, I will still watch the show and have a good time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I think she does. <3 Kaley is such a talent but she isn’t really appreciated. She just seen as some dumb blonde and people overlook her impeccable timing and skill because of this. I think she will be recognised for her ability long after the show ends.

Imagine if she had her own show, I think she could pull it off (whether she'd want it is another matter). Here’s Lucille Ball in ‘The Lucy Show’ as Toad from HQ once suggested Kaley has a ‘Lucy’ way about her. :D You might enjoy this… is gets very funny as she takes on a new job.

Edited by Spaced_up

4 hours ago, BlackWhiteRose said:

So unhappy that Mayim didn`t get a nomination. It´s really not fair. 

Personally I can't see why Mayim would get nominated while the others don't. I think her acting is far from outstanding and most of the others deserve it so much more.

22 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Personally I can't see why Mayim would get nominated while the others don't. I think her acting is far from outstanding and most of the others deserve it so much more.

I think spaced up above kind of nailed this in a way. Kaley gets less credit for her acting based on how she looks and Mayim gets more credit for her acting based on how she looks.

Edited by Chrismo

It is not about looks imo. There are simply too many actresses in both lead and supporting comedy categories doing all kinds of new stuff. Unless you think that Sofia Vergara, Julia Louis Dreyfus,  Julie bowen, Kate McKinnon,  Allison Janney, Ellie Kemper or Zooey Deschanel are all unattractive and that was the only reason they were nominated in recent years. IMO, they were all funny in their roles and they play quirky and sometimes downright outrageous characters, which is what Emmys like.

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Tensor said:

This was exactly what I was doing when I was comparing other shows and actors yesterday.  :shy:

Ironically I was just talking about TBBT.

• Like 1

If we are just talking about TBBT, even then,  neither Mayim nor Kaley were nominated. So again, don't know how looks come into the picture. Christine is gorgeous(unless you think she is unattractive too)  and she is nominated . Hope she wins .

Edited by serena_nyc1995

I'm hoping either Christine Baranski or Laurie Metcalf.  Along with Bob Newhart, Steven Silver, Peter Chakos, and, the production design and camera crews.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

If we are just talking about TBBT, even then,  neither Mayim nor Kaley were nominated. So again, don't know how looks come into the picture. Christine is gorgeous(unless you think she is unattractive too)  and she is nominated . Hope she wins .

You haven't been on this thread as long as I have. Many in the past have stated any blonde could play the part of Penny and I'm sure many people are upset(for no reason IMO) that Mayim didn't get a nomination. As you stated above with the ones that have neither Kaley or Mayim deserved a nomination anyways. As to Christine I'm not old enough to think she's gorgeous.

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment directed at a group of posters.

It's a pity TBBT or Jim/Mayim didn't get nominated. I guess it didn't help that a show classified as a comedy had such a dramatic recent season.

Anyway, if it were up to me, Jim, Mayim and Simon would get Emmys every season. Their acting stands out from the rest's.

• Like 5