• Disappointing
    • Shit

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Voted average, because the wedding vows were so good, I try to remember that to save it from sheer disappointing. Maybe it doesn't, but at least it saves it from pure shit.  They deserved better.

Voted "disappointing". I thought the vows were very sweet, but I hated everything else. They deserved so much more after all these years.

I voted disappointing.   I was at this taping and I was left feeling a bit empty about it (and other things about the episode).  Like Maddie said,  I love when things are understated.  The small weddi

19 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Seeing theirs different school of thoughts here. Most hated it . Some say it was great or fine. Or show diddnt promise you anything.

If I were to give it a grade, it would be a C+.  Mostly Johnny & Kaley's performances along with the vows saved it.  At least that's just my opinion.  I wouldn't put the wedding episode with the best episodes of the series.  But I wouldn't put it with the worst either (The Jerusalem Duality, The Wiggly Finger Catalyst, and The First Pitch Insufficiency belong down there IMO).  Like Leonard and Penny's first time having sex, I simply thought it was "okay".  Not "shit", nor was it "great", I thought it was simply "okay".  Even though I voted good, since I perceive okay as being between Good-Average.

Edited by meka3000

I voted average, or so so. The part of the wedding we saw was good, but as we know we didn't see all of the ceromony. Didn't like the interruption. Didn't like the Vegas part or the angst hanging over it. Loved the vows, loved that they were alone, one on one, just Lenny. Also love that the writers let them go through with it, thus forever changing their dynamic even when it's in the background. So the positives balance out the negatives, giving a neutral or average vote. At least in my mind.

• Like 4

I voted "disappointing"; had the advertising been less pompous, I could have voted "average", but you can't tell the press a great spoiler like Lenny wedding weeks before the premiere even airs, advertise it as the "wedding of the year" and "nine years in the making",  put the vows in the sneak peeks and at the and of it that sneak peek was actually almost "all" the wedding we saw on screen. I know that maybe TPTB are not responsible for the advertising (even if, being it the advertising of the premiere, I suspect they were consulted before deciding what to show and how to present it...) but it was really disappointing. When I watched the episode I was like..."Is that it?" Anyway, it is supposed to be the wedding of the main couple in the show, so IMO everything beyond "Very Good" is too less. It was still possible to have LV wedding and to avoid Penny's last name without involving Shamy break up in it.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

I voted "disappointing"; had the advertising been less pompous, I could have voted "average", but you can't tell the press a great spoiler like Lenny wedding weeks before the premiere even airs, advertise it as the "wedding of the year" and "nine years in the making",  put the vows in the sneak peeks and at the and of it that sneak peek was actually almost "all" the wedding we saw on screen. I know that maybe TPTB are not responsible for the advertising (even if, being it the advertising of the premiere, I suspect they were consulted before deciding what to show and how to present it...) but it was really disappointing. When I watched the episode I was like..."Is that it?" Anyway, it is supposed to be the wedding of the main couple in the show, so IMO everything beyond "Very Good" is too less. It was still possible to have LV wedding and to avoid Penny's last name without involving Shamy break up in it.

Yeah I Still think they should of waited. After Leonard's revelation. Final ep imo. But it did the trick I suspose. At least they are now writing them as a couple. 

54 minutes ago, luminous said:

Taken as a whole it was a disappointing wedding IMO, especially in consideration of 'nine years in the making'. On the positive side, the vows were beautifil IMO.

Vows were only good thing about it.Leonard's revelation was unnecessary. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, meka3000 said:

But I wouldn't put it with the worst either (The Jerusalem Duality, The Wiggly Finger Catalyst, and The First Pitch Insufficiency belong down there IMO)

And, IMO, the worst episode ever, The Speckerman Recurrence.

Even the girl's story couldn't save it.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

It was essentially what I'd expect from Penny and Leonard except for the boat kiss that was unexpected and unnecessary.

I'd vote I'd vote the wedding was appropriate for the characters if the option was there. As it is I don't see an answer I would choose.

• Like 2

I tend to like things that are understated, so I liked that it was simple. It wasn't made to be a huge deal. Penny didn't seem like she ever really cared about a big ceremony. They just wanted to be married. The vows were extremely sweet. Kaley and Johnny are really great at creating these sweet moments. It didn't bother me that their friends weren't there. But I do think it was dumb that it was kind of overshadowed by Shamy's break up, so I voted average.

I think they've done a great job to show Lenny as a happily married couple this season. Ultimately, the marriage is what's important, not the wedding. But I can certainly understand how fans of the couple feel let down.

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 2

I voted disappointing.   I was at this taping and I was left feeling a bit empty about it (and other things about the episode).  Like Maddie said,  I love when things are understated.  The small wedding in Vegas could have been great.   But,  the interruption of it kinda ruined it for me.   They could have given it the care it deserved after 9 years in this same setting.   The vows were great, however. 

**Just want to add, that even though this is probably my least favorite episode this season,  the experience of being at the taping was great.  I feel bad when I complain about the episode because it really was worth the money and time to be there. 

• Like 8

I.wonder if Tptb realize it fell flat? It got them married. But they deserved better. A reception in 200th with friends and families would be nice. Watching s2 made me realize how much they put Lenny through. So really that wedding does not reflect that. And boy has Penny Changed in nine years.

8 hours ago, djsurrey said:

It was essentially what I'd expect from Penny and Leonard except for the boat kiss that was unexpected and unnecessary.

I'd vote I'd vote the wedding was appropriate for the characters if the option was there. As it is I don't see an answer I would choose.

I agree it was appropriate as their moments have always been impulsive I guess. But some say the wedding was inappropriate. As throwing Leonard under a bus, like you said unnecessary boat kiss. Just drama for drama sake. They got married anyway, so didn't change much. I well add that option though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Yes. For me, the unexpected and unnecessary boat kiss is what was horrible and the single most difficult thing to get past in the Lenny story that I love. Marry them in a barn, a tree house,or in front of the elevator.I would have loved it because they were getting married.Without the dark shadow of that hateful kiss ruining the day, Leonard and Penny could have fallen onto that bed ,kissed and laughed and cried,reminisced about their long history and looked forward to their future. That would have been beautiful.

For me, the kiss would have tarnished any kind of wedding. Least favorite thing for me ever in their saga.

• Like 4

"Disappointing"

I have been rooting for Lenny to end up together so bad since S1. I don't think their Vegas wedding gave this couple justice. I would love a redo with their friends and family. I love the vows, though, but I don't think that's enough (at least for me) after 8 years of on and off relationship.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Yes. For me, the unexpected and unnecessary boat kiss is what was horrible and the single most difficult thing to get past in the Lenny story that I love. Marry them in a barn, a tree house,or in front of the elevator.I would have loved it because they were getting married.Without the dark shadow of that hateful kiss ruining the day, Leonard and Penny could have fallen onto that bed ,kissed and laughed and cried,reminisced about their long history and looked forward to their future. That would have been beautiful.

For me, the kiss would have tarnished any kind of wedding. Least favorite thing for me ever in their saga.

Why did Tptb reveal.the kiss then? Do.they care so little about them these days, they would put their whole history under a bus? Let alone Leonard. Its like if Before coitus. Amy was like oh ive already done it before lol. It was careless Nd unnecessary.