[Spoilers] Non-season 9 Show Discussions

3ku11

On March 9, 2016 at 3:13 AM, wowbagger said:

Well, not weird. I understand how viscerally distasteful Lennies may find it. But no, there's a double-standard in operation, and it is not from the people who think Leonard was more culpable than Raj.

wowbagger, I usually agree with you.  But Raj was culpable, as was Leonard.  Both sides are using a double standard, in my view.  Unless a woman agrees to sex while sober, the operating assumption, once she's drunk,  has to be she doesn't want to have sex with you.

• Like 5

The tactic being used here is as transparent as it is simplistic, the other side In this debate likes Leonard, they will want to give Leonard a pass, therefore if I can equate Raj to Leonard they will have to give him a pass to.

It is a tactic used when you can't defend someone (Raj) on his own merits so you muddy the waters and play to emotion because logic fails to support your position.

We can discuss Leonard after this one is done if you like but he nor his actions on a different occasion at a diffrent time and under diffrent circumstances have any bearing on this incident as much as you need it to excuse Raj's behavior it is not relevent to this discussion.

But y'all knew that before you brought him into it

Edited by JE7

8 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I agree with you, mate, completely. But... times change. The show isn't as funny as it once was, so having a character who is not funny would NOW fit right in :shy:. I think she would fit tight in with Stewart, since they are both sort of pathetic. Btw I'm not saying this in a mean way. I like both characters.

Show should of ended after s6 imo. But its popular and makes so much money. Problem is s6 was a show at its peak in.terms of freshness and uniqueness. Since then its gone down hill. It was always going to happen. When its live action it happens. Show feels stagnant now.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2016 at 4:20 PM, vonmar said:

After loud drunk sex with Leonard, Penny was humiliated.  Leonard thought that this would rekindle the relationship. She shot him down and begged him to forget it ever happened.  So he went and hit on Leslie Winkle...tried to convince her to have sex with him, she shot him down.  He went back to the apartment, got drunk and tried to convince Penny to have sex with him.  She shot him down.

IMO....I like Leonard, but in this particular situation, Leonard was a major douche.

Dialogue can be found here: https://bigbangtrans.wordpress.com/series-3-episode-23-the-lunar-excitation/

leonard was a douche..... really?? in the situation.... I don't think so.....

If I remember correctly...... early on in the episode.....leonard was the one who tried to help zack understand what they were doing and without insulting penny for choosing zack... he was nice to both penny and zack the whole time .....and then after penny and zack left he slept in his own bedroom......

the penny wakes in the middle of the night ....drunk but still she still was speaking pretty soundly ... and after her dialogues anyone would assume that she would want to get back together........and leonard who already said he loved her will obviously think she wants to get back together....

so clearly the next morning when he tried to speak to penny he thought they were back together or going to get back together....... but penny shots him down without even a proper apology (this is the same penny who broke up with leonard because she did not want to lead leonard on) and here she basically leads leonard on and does not give a proper apology.......

imagine how devasted the guy might have been....

after this all he goes leslie winkle and gets shot down and and then drinks and goes to penny and gets shot down.....infact quite rudely by penny as she shoves him outside.......... clearly penny should have known and understood why leonard was acting like this.......... she was the sole reason for leonard's actions.......... yet she could'nt muster an ounce of sympathy......

so no leonard was not a major douche....in fact he was not even a douche at all...........it was penny who behaved a like major bitch in the episode.......

when have we seen leonard drink alone before this.......clearly he was hurt by penny's actions previous night and morning and clearly penny should have known all this..........yet all she did was shove him away........

• Like 1

On 14/03/2016 at 9:20 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

And we'd have missed Sheldon telling Amy ILYT, Leonard and Penny getting engaged, Leonard and Penny getting married, Sheldon and Amy having sex, Bernadette getting pregnant, etc.

What is this? a soap opera?

On 14/03/2016 at 3:45 PM, 3ku11 said:

Show should of ended after s6 imo. But its popular and makes so much money. Problem is s6 was a show at its peak in.terms of freshness and uniqueness. Since then its gone down hill. It was always going to happen. When its live action it happens. Show feels stagnant now.

If it had ended after S6, I would have nothing but good memories about the show. S7, S8 andS9

have tarnished those memories but at least I can rewatch S1-6 and pretend that's all there was.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ajond said:

What is this? a soap opera?

If it had ended after S6, I would have nothing but good memories about the show. S7, S8 andS9

have tarnished those memories but at least I can rewatch S1-6 and pretend that's all there was.

I would have gone to the end of S7. The only story line that mattered was Leonard and Penny, and that was wrapped up with their engagement. Then in 724 Sheldon leaves Pasadena to rethink his life. The scene at the train station where Penny and Leonard say goodbye to him and walk away together was a good climax - no need for the rest of the episode with Amy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:37 PM, ATOB said:

And so they should.  How is this any different to the guy on the street who tells me to "cheer up luv" cause that's what we're for y'know, decoration; decoration put there to brighten your day!

Penny is pretty, and that's enough! It's greedy of her to want anything more because she's just so pretty and it's not fair on the 'plain' girls if she's clever too, or particularly skilled at anything.  And, should it happen that she suceeds at something, well, it's only because she was so very, very pretty y'know. She got an easy ride, was probably sleeping with someone or something, that's how it works.  Cause, hey, all attractive people are stupid (and bitchy), them's the rules doncha know?

Pure fallacy with a side order of sarcasm. Not my choice.

• Like 1

Eta: if you think Penny withholding sex. And Leonard manipulating Penny for sex. Makes them unlikable. Your gonna love Everybody Loves Raymond lol. Yeah its a long running sitcom trope.

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

As much as I don't like to analyze ratings the numbers prove otherwise. TBBT been on longer and gets better ratings. I've tried watching MF I just don't laugh. It gets awards because it's PC and Hollywood likes that.

Mf wins awards because of politics. End of day none of the characters are as iconic as Leonard, Penny, and Sheldon. Same with Fraiser and Friends. Tbbt is unique And different. America hates that.

Honestly tonstar, legacy. Your just making assumptions and speculation. All evidence is pointing to Penny giving birth in series finale. No.evidence points to.anything else. I.Don't get it. Its a Shenny ep. Like that means anything. Why do ppl freak out every time sp get q scene. Like its thisbig thing. How many times have we had tapings with sp scenes. And when it airs on t.v.. Translates differently. And changes nothing. Think by now wait till tommorto. My guess is a sp bev scene. If your always expecting the worse. Then what do you expect honestly. Lenny are still married. And I think they well be to tje end. Twenty yearsI s from now the series final rerun well air. Penny giving birth to thr smart and beautiful kids. And laugh  all these comments. At how obvious that Lenny were endgame. 

End of day its always just two characters sharing a scene. In the big picture it means nothing. I used to enjoy sps friendship. But now its like scratching claws on a chalkboard. Im honestly over thr whole process of overselling any time they get a vague scene. Particularly when it always leads to Lenny getting engaged. And Lenny getting married. I mean when are some of you going to learn? Intimacy Acceleration . The craziness of the 200th. Did Lenny break up? No. Is their any signs they well? Aftrr thr cabin ep? Highly unlikely. Sp is a fantasy x Lenny is real. Until that changes. It won't lol. Bbt enter 56 season. God forbid lol. Lenny still be married. My point is just wait for perspective . Can't ww just trust Lenny are endgame? Pretyy plesse lol. They already are..

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, 3ku11 said:
22 hours ago, djsurrey said:

How about the tag in 1.01 where Leonard says their children will be smart an beautiful and yet he hardly knows Penny yet.

Does that mean Leonard is shallow because he fell in love at first sight? Lol. Oh My god Leonard your a monster. 

I like Leonard as much as anyone as far as I know but he can be shallow at times and from the first episode.

If you need more evidence then there there is "the benefactor factor",  "The Plimpton Stimulation", The Lunar Excitation...

Leslie: What happened? Blondie dumped you?

Leonard: She didn’t dump me. We were just in different places in the relationship.

Leslie: Right.

Leonard: Um, anyway, apparently, it’s okay to go back to people you’re no longer seeing and have recreational sex with them.

Leslie: Uh-huh.

Leonard: So, what do you say?

Leslie: Let me think about it. (Slams door.)

Leonard: She’s not coming back.

And to remain on topic Mandy from work and the boat.

Sf16.png

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

On 18/04/2016 at 3:52 AM, Tensor said:

Nah, you don't have to.  I can list all of them myself, as I can list Leonard's.   I just don't see her saying that because of what happened two years ago.  She's been rather snarky all season, and if that is the reason, and she is going to continue to do that, after two years, I don't see why she would stay with him.  

You can wait until tomorrow to answer this.... :shy:

Night/Morning G. 

Oh, I didn't see Penny's "you probably deserved it" in a grudgey way at all.  I read it as "yeah, yeah, nice try, 'cept I ain't buying it this time and, guess what, this ain't about you mister so I'm shutting you down" in four quick words.

But each to their own, it's not obligatory for us all to interpret what we see in the same way. YMMV!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Carlos said:

Whether I agree with the rest of your opinion could be a matter of discussion, BUT the part that you seem to forget in your assessment  is that Leonard asked Penny repeatedly not to read the book because he was genuinely hurt by all of it, and she did anyway.

Oh, and you have my absolute agreement that she was a rat-bag for doing so, however, you're not really trying to use this as some sort of justification for Penny being tricked into sex are you? Please tell me you're not! Please tell me you don't think that Leonard doing this was some sort of just deserts, because I truly don't see how manipulating someone into having sex with you is justifiable in any circumstance.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Carlos said:

Pure fallacy with a side order of sarcasm. Not my choice.

Sarcasm? Abso-bleeding-lutely!

Fallacy? Nuh-uh! Written from direct experience I'm sad to say. My realities may be your fallacies but we all experience life according to circumstance.  Do you think your reality is the same reality as say Prince William's, or the alcoholic who's begging on the street, or Donald Trump's, or Stephen Hawking's, or a Syrian rufugee's, or Madonna's....I could go on....indefinitely...but YMMV suffices just fine I find.

12 minutes ago, ATOB said:

Oh, and you have my absolute agreement that she was a rat-bag for doing so, however, you're not really trying to use this as some sort of justification for Penny being tricked into sex are you? Please tell me you're not! Please tell me you don't think that Leonard doing this was some sort of just deserts, because I truly don't see how manipulating someone into having sex with you is justifiable in any circumstance.

Two things:

1. I don't recall at the beginning of the discussion you calling Penny "a rat-bag".

2. If she wasn't "a rat-bag" at the beginning of the episode this discussion would not be going on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Two things:

1. I don't recall at the beginning of the discussion you calling Penny "a rat-bag".

2. If she wasn't "a rat-bag" at the beginning of the episode this discussion would not be going on.

This sounds very much that you think the trickery on Leonard's part WAS just deserts? Really? REALLY?!!

I don't think Leonard did it to get even. I didn't see it as some sort of revenge! I saw it purely in an oportunist capacity, that he did it because he could and it was to his advantage. Sh!t, seeing it as an act of revenge gives the whole situation a much, much darker tone....that's pretty f**ked up no?

In answer to your question, calling Leonard out for being a dick does not mean that in contrast I believe Penny to be an angel.  I did question why is this assumption is automatically made earlier.

• Like 1

Lenny 2.0. Penny held back sex for 3 months, to me that was teaching Leonard a lesson for what he said about doing stuff with Penny to get his leg over. They have gone past that and just because Leonard probably has a higher sex drive than penny and wants it all the time doesn't make it manipulative. Penny enjoyed it but was just upset that he lied to her which he didn't have to cause his her boyfriend. Penny would have accepted his apologise and bang his brains out after leonard shut the laptop on Beverley and gave her those puppy eyes.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Lenny 2.0. Penny held back sex for 3 months, to me that was teaching Leonard a lesson for what he said about doing stuff with Penny to get his leg over. They have gone past that and just because Leonard probably has a higher sex drive than penny and wants it all the time doesn't make it manipulative. Penny enjoyed it but was just upset that he lied to her which he didn't have to cause his her boyfriend. Penny would have accepted his apologise and bang his brains out after leonard shut the laptop on Beverley and gave her those puppy eyes.

I'm so confused.  What are you talking about in the above quote?

1 hour ago, ATOB said:

You are blowing this way out of proportion, Leonard milked-it when Penny OFFERED sympathy for what she did to upset him, no where did Leonard trick her into sex.  He even said to Howard that Penny was trying to appease Leonard for what she done by doing things for him.  Leonard only took advantage of what she offered, he never tricked her to do anything.  It is no different when Sheldon has someone agree to drive him somewhere then piles on additional stops to take advantage of the offer.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Penny held back sex for three months? Was that the beta test thing? Is that what you mean? I didn't see that as being a punishment. I saw it as them finding their feet and taking things slow.  

You're right, Leonard didn't need to lie to get sex from Penny. So the question is, why did he?

I'm so confused.  What are you talking about in the above quote?

^^^

Leonard saying he did things with Penny to get sex and apparently Leonard manipulating penny for sex cause he was sad about penny reading Beverleys book. Just my take on ATOB'S COMMENTS.

Penny held back sex for three months? Was that the beta test thing? Is that what you mean? I didn't see that as being a punishment. I saw it as them finding their feet and taking things slow.  

You're right, Leonard didn't need to lie to get sex from Penny. So the question is, why did he?

Yes sorry the beta test trial.